Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Can't decide whether KR is just using free transfers to get a reaction from his existing players or not. It would be an expensive move to not register the likes of Hanson and Mousinho, especially if these player don't then leave on loan.

I have no names to back up my opinion, but there's must be plenty of good players under the age of 21 out there that find themselves without a club after leaving Premier League and Championship clubs. Much like when we moved Lundstrum.

Having said that, we are clearly missing a leader and an experienced centre half might be a good move for this team.

I know this is "social media" and there's no reason to believe me or anyone else on here, but I wish people would stop and think for a second when posting stuff they've heard. Otherwise, others start believing it and before you know it we're seen as being soft in the transfer market, giving players away for nothing etc. That does a total disservice to those behind the scene who do remarkably well to balance the books and ultimately save our club from being one of the many who are praying for financial support.
I don't wish to appear as "having a go" or anything but, that's a bit rich coming from yourself!

"stuff they've heard" - Where do you get all your knowledge of the club's affairs if it's not from "stuff you've heard"?

It's a forum, people can say all sorts of stuff and others will refute or agree. We all hope for a balanced debate and sometimes, ok, not very often, we get agreement.
So much of the transfer market is made up of rumour and "stuff they've heard" doesn't mean it's all untrue.
If you are referring to libellous or racist, sexist, homophobic and the like stuff, then yes, don't post it at all. All the other stuff, well, some of it is good for a laugh, some of it good for debate.
I'm sure the Mods will take care of the "stuff" if it's required.

Can't decide whether KR is just using free transfers to get a reaction from his existing players or not. It would be an expensive move to not register the likes of Hanson and Mousinho, especially if these player don't then leave on loan.

I have no names to back up my opinion, but there's must be plenty of good players under the age of 21 out there that find themselves without a club after leaving Premier League and Championship clubs. Much like when we moved Lundstrum.

Having said that, we are clearly missing a leader and an experienced centre half might be a good move for this team.

I thought KR did something similar early last season about threatening to sign free transfers albeit that wasn't a squad limit.

This is just B*****s to be honest, pointless even speaking about it. We had all summer to fix gaps, shift players etc. Even last week Robbo was questioning whether we needed anyone else.

Its just panic now as weve hit rock bottom. Sadly Robbo needs to take his medicine til January.

I don't wish to appear as "having a go" or anything but, that's a bit rich coming from yourself!

"stuff they've heard" - Where do you get all your knowledge of the club's affairs if it's not from "stuff you've heard"?

It's a forum, people can say all sorts of stuff and others will refute or agree. We all hope for a balanced debate and sometimes, ok, not very often, we get agreement.
So much of the transfer market is made up of rumour and "stuff they've heard" doesn't mean it's all untrue.
If you are referring to libellous or racist, sexist, homophobic and the like stuff, then yes, don't post it at all. All the other stuff, well, some of it is good for a laugh, some of it good for debate.
I'm sure the Mods will take care of the "stuff" if it's required.

Which is why I said "there's no reason to believe me or anyone else". But simply asking some to think if what they write sounds remotely accurate. This was a direct reference to the club receiving £500k for Dickie once Reading had taken their cut. Now most will look at this as ridiculous, but some will use this as a stick to beat the club with. We saw it in the summer with those accusing the club of letting players go on the cheap, and because those who say this repeat it 1000 times, it then becomes the narrative that sticks. But as I said, believe what you want.

I will be honest, I think we have to look at staying up this season only. We are so short of confidence, can't score, and we are too easy to score against. I couldn't be more disappointed with our wretched start, and although Im not losing faith in my beloved club, I am concerned right now. We are pushing the ball around at a snails pace, look to be pulled out of our shape too easily, and look a bit soft centred in my opinion. A couple of hardened pros would be my priority. Get back to kicking and heading, and winning the 2nd balls. We aren't going to thump someone with Appletonesque flowing football and kick on from there...we need to look at scrapping between now and xmas and start getting a few points on the board.

This is just B*****s to be honest, pointless even speaking about it. We had all summer to fix gaps, shift players etc. Even last week Robbo was questioning whether we needed anyone else.

Its just panic now as weve hit rock bottom. Sadly Robbo needs to take his medicine til January.

And if nothing is done some folk will be whining/moaning about that as well??

I will be honest, I think we have to look at staying up this season only. We are so short of confidence, can't score, and we are too easy to score against. I couldn't be more disappointed with our wretched start, and although Im not losing faith in my beloved club, I am concerned right now. We are pushing the ball around at a snails pace, look to be pulled out of our shape too easily, and look a bit soft centred in my opinion. A couple of hardened pros would be my priority. Get back to kicking and heading, and winning the 2nd balls. We aren't going to thump someone with Appletonesque flowing football and kick on from there...we need to look at scrapping between now and xmas and start getting a few points on the board.

Its good job there are only 41 games and 123 points to play for to save us from the drop................................

Its good job there are only 41 games and 123 points to play for to save us from the drop................................
Yes, there are. But early signs are horrendous. We aren't competitive at the moment. I hope the our manager is not saying "don't worry lads, there are 41 games left, everything will be fine". There needs to be an early realisation that things need to change - be that personnel, tactics, mindset or whatever.

Yes, there are. But early signs are horrendous. We aren't competitive at the moment. I hope the our manager is not saying "don't worry lads, there are 41 games left, everything will be fine". There needs to be an early realisation that things need to change - be that personnel, tactics, mindset or whatever.

We started badly last season as well.

Hanson needs to play even if at NL level as he needs to establish himself again as a starting player. He would still get his wages from Oxford with a NL club paying a small chunk of them.
I guess the questions are would he want to drop to NL? As you say it's likely a NL would only pick up a small chunk of any wages, would that help us with FFP?

Back
Top Bottom