Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Ben Woodburn posted a photo of his new yellow and blue boots the other week. None of the various loan moves he was linked with over the summer have happened.

Not with the defenders we have in the squad. And with Robinson unbelievably pretty much ruling out any defensive signings our chances of promotion are slim to none. Who thought it was a good idea to give him a 4 year contract?!

Which defenders are so bad?? We’ve been unlucky with injuries in defence, sure

View attachment 4745Is this true? Pretty much proves Robinson's bizarre obsession with wingers if so.
It is true but why did he need buy a central defender when for 800+ of those days, he had Dickie and Mousinho as the main pairing with Elliott Moore as the younger CB? Pretty pointless statistic.

Last edited:
I think its obvious, this season, for several reasons, is going to be very challenging. Turning on Robinson - the obvious target - is not going to help. We all need to keep level heads and stick together. As others have said, having a club to support post covid is what we should all be concentrating on.

it's fine though... we have Atkinson so don't need a CB
It is true but why did he need buy a central defender when for 800+ of those days, he had Dickie and Mousinho as the main pairing with Elliott Moore as the younger CB? Pretty pointless statistic.

Hanson on big wages and continually injured, I think we will struggle to loan him out to anyone, based on today, defensive reinforcements are a priority someone experienced who can organise and talk the inexperienced players though the game, is a must for me.

Hanson on big wages and continually injured, I think we will struggle to loan him out to anyone, based on today, defensive reinforcements are a priority someone experienced who can organise and talk the inexperienced players though the game, is a must for me.
I think an experienced influential head at the back is imperative. Im old enough to remember when we signed the great Colin Todd. He was in the late autumn of his career, and his stay was brief, but he still oozed class and it rubbed off on everyone around him. Someone like that is exactly what we need right now.

I think an experienced influential head at the back is imperative. Im old enough to remember when we signed the great Colin Todd. He was in the late autumn of his career, and his stay was brief, but he still oozed class and it rubbed off on everyone around him. Someone like that is exactly what we need right now.
Had (nightmare) flashback to the last Prem centre back we signed that I can remember. Mike Williamson I think it was, he was very experienced and very past his sell by date.....

Last edited:
We need a Micheal Duberry or Johnny Mullins type. Mous could do that if he is still capable? There must be some out there.
I’m not 100% sure Mous is the answer anymore he had a poor pre season & looked well of the pace against Watford Reserves

As I said the other day if Curtis Tilt is available I’d go all out to get him & he’s a good age of 29 with plenty of league 1 experience

Id like to think we would be taking a look at Ben Heneghan. Released by Sheff Utd, still a good age and has done well at Blackpool over the past couple of seasons on loan.

Id like to think we would be taking a look at Ben Heneghan. Released by Sheff Utd, still a good age and has done well at Blackpool over the past couple of seasons on loan.

Unless Robinson is a liar, you can like to think it all you want, we aren’t!

Back
Top Bottom