Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

it was fairly obvious there were to be no crowds and so plenty of time to Market the ifollow subs given this is where the crowd income could come from..You mention 7.500 average gate but of course from the 3.000 non STH A % is away support and if you get the first 500 then then works in our favour for teams that don't travel well andl ikewise for the reverse fixture when our away following would normal far outweigh those clubs travelling away fans.
of those clubs that fill our away end Pompey Sunderland Bristol Rovers , in the case of the first 2 we lose income from1.000 but actual gain this back + more in the reverse fixture when due to their bigger ground we have more away support and with the likes of Rovers Swindon etc they even themselves out.

Now of course The Away game is for many more than just the match but at the moment that's not possible anyway so does not stop the Marketing for ifollow.

Whether people decide to buy is the choice of the individual the same as it is when deciding to go to a game but that's the crux of the matter without ifollow you had nothing but with it you can still follow your team.

it's too simplistic to just hold your hands in the air and declare that the Premier League should bail clubs out when your Matchday income is still potentially there and more.
Yes but iFollow passes will often be bought per household and the club gets a whopping £8.10 per pass (not person), so whilst they help I do wonder how much they can really be exploited as a revenue stream.

Yes but iFollow passes will often be bought per household and the club gets a whopping £8.10 per pass (not person), so whilst they help I do wonder how much they can really be exploited as a revenue stream.

Not that it makes any difference - the club now get the full £10 per stream.
Confirmed by Chris Williams & Tim Davies on a recent preview show.

Confirmed by Chris Williams & Tim Davies on a recent preview show
So how do iFollow make any money - they have costs to cover? Doesn't make sense unless they see any pop-up ads revenue as enough to make it commercially viable for them.

Either way - still not a massive revenue stream. Others have suggested this could be a serious revenue stream and I suppose there should be an increase in UK-based remote fans being able to purchase home matches on a Saturday now and also all UK-based fans being able to watch away games for a tenner but I can't see that being huge numbers that make a serious difference.

Football clubs will have the Data for this wont they?

If you can do a hard push to get 8.000 Home fans for certain games why would you ignore the potential to do so now? Surely the usp of no travel + other costs can be used?

Not sure if it could work in practice but couldn’t they change the fee to watch the game as a ‘donation’ with the minimum set to £10? That way people who want to/able to could sent a bit extra in the direction of the club.

I wonder if we have any interest in Ed Francis who has just left Wolves. Young CB who can fill in at LB, used to be in the England youth setup. The way he describes himself in the first article sounds like someone who would fit the bill for us.

With Sinclair going, looks like Watford are trying to cut costs. Just let Welbeck go on a freebie to save his £100000 wages

Confirmed by Chris Williams & Tim Davies on a recent preview show.
Bristol Rovers match preview for tonight's game says they receive 80% of the income generated by iFollow.

I wonder if we have any interest in Ed Francis who has just left Wolves. Young CB who can fill in at LB, used to be in the England youth setup. The way he describes himself in the first article sounds like someone who would fit the bill for us.

Interesting, in that he might step into the 4th CB role that Nico Jones was earmarked for, but with mous looking more fragile and this guy being 21, is he ready to take on that 3rd CB slot or do we need a more established head back there?

Bristol Rovers match preview for tonight's game says they receive 80% of the income generated by iFollow.

?‍♂️

I've just gone back and on the preview show on iFollow for the Accrington game, the following was said:

CW: Away games suddenly become important to market those and to tell people to buy ifollow passes, because season ticket holders get the games at home but we need people, if you can, watch the Accrington game, it's on ifollow, it'll cost you £10, and we get the vast majority of that money, in fact all the money, i think comes to us now?

TD: Yep, Yep.

CW: That £10 comes entirely to us, I'll explain that bit, it used to be, i think it was £8 of the £10 came to us, it's now the £10.

Now this was followed up about the mechanism for calculating how much we get for away games by agreeing a formula with the home club about how many fans we would have taken etc.

It's not entirely clear whether the £10 bit was only in relation to those ifollow sales above the agreed number of away fans or for all iFollow fixtures.

I thought we got around £8.10 net of VAT and a small fee to ifollow?

EDIT the ifollow revenue split for EFL Trophy games maybe different?

Throwing a name out there fore LW...Thibaud Verlinden.

21...pacey left winger...was on loan at Bolton...returning from injury with the Stoke U23s.

Would also add, Bright Enobakhare is a free agent!

Last edited:
Throwing a name out there fore LW...Thibaud Verlinden.

21...pacey left winger...was on loan at Bolton...returning from injury with the Stoke U23s.

Would also add, Bright Enobakhare is a free agent!
Competition for the most bizarre named players starting now!

Back
Top Bottom