Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

You’re the bloke who hates local players

He’s got a point though. What do people see in Napa? What I can remember was a lightweight player with a decent first touch but not much end product.

The way the clubs social media have built him up since the injury v Peterborough you’d think he’s the next big thing.

He’s got a point though. What do people see in Napa? What I can remember was a lightweight player with a decent first touch but not much end product.

The way the clubs social media have built him up since the injury v Peterborough you’d think he’s the next big thing.
Came on against Watford and looked like a boy, playing a man's game. Far too lightweight, like you say. I get that we've shown him some loyalty during his rehabilitation but I honestly expected him to be released.

Napa isn't good enough. Doesnt matter if he's from Witney or Mars.

It certainly does if you're trying to get home from the Kassam on matchday.

Since I've relocated beyond the van Allen belt, I've tended to find the flight home is a lot more efficient than trying to drive out of the car park, and I tend to find myself consistently getting home 20-30 minutes earlier than when I used to live in Witney.

This means I'm usually back in time for Blind Date, very pleasingly since I'm pretty sure the old VCR is finally on its way out.

Yes please. I'd be very happy with that if we could do a deal.
Holland was priced at 1mil by West Ham in May so in the current climate, I think 650/750k would get the deal done. Would be a great signing as he's only going to get better, as he develops.

I find it odd that Browne isn't being given a chance at Middlesbrough. Seems they've gone for proven players to get results. Wouldn't put it past another Championship club wanting him, perhaps Luton or Barnsley.

I find it odd that Browne isn't being given a chance at Middlesbrough. Seems they've gone for proven players to get results. Wouldn't put it past another Championship club wanting him, perhaps Luton or Barnsley.
True but I think we would stump up a reasonable % of his wages to get him here and Boro could be assured he'd get 90 minutes almost every match if fit. MB also loves OUFC and its set-up - today just got a bit brighter.

I don't think he fits their formation but could be wrong. If we were to get him then I don't care tbh.

I’d love Browne back here. I’ve rated him highly during both his spells. As others have pointed out, his ability to cover multiple positions is invaluable in a squad limited environment like the wage cap enforces. Some of his best games for us last year, pre-lockdown were when injuries forced him to play centrally (either as striker or in midfield).

I’m still not completely sure I see it though. What do Boro stand to gain - beyond maybe financials - from him coming back here. He’s proven he can handle and excel at L1 level.

What is their long-term plan for the player? Do they want to develop him into a potential asset for their own first team? In which case I feel like why send him back to an environment he’s already proved himself in (and arguably excelled in)? Surely they need to find a championship club, or one of the biggest fish in L1 for him to test himself and improve. They aren’t going to learn anything ‘new’ about him from a third stint with us...

(On the flip side, if what they want is someone they can sell off for the maximum value possible then I can see him coming back here - as they know he likes it, KR will give him maximum game-time and we have a track record of getting the most out of him).

Fingers crossed he returns. Not quite sure I believe it yet...

I know the transfer window 'slams shut' ( :rolleyes: ) for the Prem today.

Is that the same for us or not? And is the loan window for us is open for a little while after that final date, or do they finish on the same day (as they did last year IIRC)?

Yeah much as I would love to get Browne in I think this is just going to raise our hopes unnecessarily. As others have said, there's no real reason for him to 'get game time' in League One again - he clearly needs some experience at a higher level. And Boro only bought him last summer, so it's not like they would send him on loan just to put him in the shop window. Even if we did get him, I suspect it would only be a short term loan, and they would look to have him build up some form and confidence with us before stepping straight into their side in January.

That could tie us over until the likes of McGuane and Cooper find their feet in League One, mind. And half a season of Browne would be better than no season of Browne.

I know the transfer window 'slams shut' ( :rolleyes: ) for the Prem today.

Is that the same for us or not? And is the loan window for us is open for a little while after that final date, or do they finish on the same day (as they did last year IIRC)?
I believe we will still be able to bring loans and free agents in until 16th of October.

Back
Top Bottom