Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Both Hull and Posh fans very critical of him, I know KR may have liked the challenge of managing him but I'm not too bothered to miss out, provided we manage to bring in one more attacker

Both Hull and Posh fans very critical of him, I know KR may have liked the challenge of managing him but I'm not too bothered to miss out, provided we manage to bring in one more attacker

If he proves to be a big success that may change your view - time will tell whether we did well to steer clear

Was definitely training with us
Well if that was the case maybe KR (after seeing what he was about) intentionally dodged a bullet? A judgement has to be made with very good players who have 'reputations' - as to whether they can gel with your players OR if after working with them first hand, you have to pass, to maintain harmony within the whole squad.

I’m not disappointed to not sign Maddison. High wage, questionable attitude & not pacey (which is what we’re crying out for in my opinion). I’m not doubting his ability or that he wouldn’t have contributed for us, I just don’t think he would have been an essential signing. We’d have probably improved what we have but still have the same attributes missing in the squad - attacking pace.

Be interesting to see who we do bring in, we’ve got a really good record with recruitment so no reason to think there won’t be a couple of useful additions to come.

Not sure how people can criticise the club for not going for it/going the extra mile this off all seasons, their will be no money spinning cup runs barring a miracle, no league games bringing in full houses etc. We always have to make the most of the money we spend, but that goes double this season. If it’s a couple of cheaper loans then so be it, rather have a club to support in the future than Maddison.

While genuinely excited when I heard about possible Maddison signing he hasn't so we move on to other targets. He is a great player but I'm not going to blame the club for him not signing , just how it and certainly not losing any sleep over it .

Not sure how people can criticise the club for not going for it/going the extra mile this off all seasons, their will be no money spinning cup runs barring a miracle, no league games bringing in full houses etc. We always have to make the most of the money we spend, but that goes double this season. If it’s a couple of cheaper loans then so be it, rather have a club to support in the future than Maddison.
MM has a resale value. Potentially millions in a short period of time. A loan doesnt. We cant keep selling players (baptise/fosu/dickie) etc and not replacing them with assets.

MM has a resale value. Potentially millions in a short period of time. A loan doesnt. We cant keep selling players (baptise/fosu/dickie) etc and not replacing them with assets.

Does 27 year old Maddison have a million pound resale value? I can’t see it myself, especially with a reputation.

The young players you pick up from prem/champ teams like Roofe, Lundstram, Dickie etc you can turn a profit on, older players who come from the same division much less so.

Maybe but we are talking about a loan player instead here who may or may not come good. And if they come good they may or may not sign for us. Lots of ifs. Imo MM is better than Fosu for example (2 years younger) we turned over 750k pretty quick on him didnt we.

Can’t blame MM for going to what is a bigger and better club - no point leaving Peterborough if you’re going to join Oxford. Really hope we’ve got something better than a flimsy untried youth player lined up though.

Can’t blame MM for going to what is a bigger and better club - no point leaving Peterborough if you’re going to join Oxford. Really hope we’ve got something better than a flimsy untried youth player lined up though.
'Bigger' possibly. 'Better'? Go and wash your mouth out with soap and water and spend some time thinking about what you've done!

Exactly that. We have a solid mid-table squad, which is absolutely fine in the circumstances. Being prudent is fine. What you cant do of course is say you are going for it/putting last season right/bringing in exciting players, and then, well, not really.

Back
Top Bottom