Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Maddison’s a good player but not what we need. We’re horribly narrow as it is, Maddison and Henry both class but won’t be able to show it with absolute no width or speed to stretch play. In a non-wage cap/covid world, it’d be a great signing but if we were to get him, we’d then need a Clare type at left back to create width and would basically be playing with two defenders. Sure he’ll be great for Charlton, but Henry does his role for us.

Has he actually gone to Charlton, or are people just reacting to what might have been sarcastic post from MarkedOx?
Nothing confirmed on twitter yet. Only the usual fake ITK accounts saying Charlton are interested in him, all yesterday.

Maddison’s a good player but not what we need. We’re horribly narrow as it is, Maddison and Henry both class but won’t be able to show it with absolute no width or speed to stretch play. In a non-wage cap/covid world, it’d be a great signing but if we were to get him, we’d then need a Clare type at left back to create width and would basically be playing with two defenders. Sure he’ll be great for Charlton, but Henry does his role for us.
Nice to have options though right? E.g when Henry isnt functioning we create the sum total of bollock all. Agree we need pace as well mind.

Lets be honest, Maddison would have been a luxury player. Disapppointing, yes. However, our midfield already right up there with the best in League One.

Maddison could have been the difference between an average squad, and that extra bit of class, similar to Browne, Holland etc. To say our midfield is right up there with the best in the league is stretching it a little, especially with one win to our name.

Maddison could have been the difference between an average squad, and that extra bit of class, similar to Browne, Holland etc. To say our midfield is right up there with the best in the league is stretching it a little, especially with one win to our name.

Given that there hasn't been a great deal of change in that area, probably better to look at last season for evidence rather than 3 games of this in which probably the most important component (Gorrin) has been out.

Nice to have options though right? E.g when Henry isnt functioning we create the sum total of bollock all. Agree we need pace as well mind.
I totally agree, it’s just room in the squad/budget. With such little wiggle room, you can’t really afford to have a Hanson or Napa not contributing. I don’t know our finances well enough to know if we can afford the luxury of Henry and Maddison with one on the bench or slightly out of position.

I totally agree, it’s just room in the squad/budget. With such little wiggle room, you can’t really afford to have a Hanson or Napa not contributing. I don’t know our finances well enough to know if we can afford the luxury of Henry and Maddison with one on the bench or slightly out of position.
Napa played for Woking the other day I believe?
Presumably going out on loan.
Hanson is still injured so a little more difficult

Certainly, I doubt Woking would contribute much though, and that’s £4k a week sat on our wage bill not doing a lot. I’m picking on those players, but was just trying to illustrate that we have really limited flexibility this year and whether that’s wage cap or squad list, the idea that we’re going to have Taylor, Winnall, Agyei, Henry, Cooper, Sykes, a new pacy left mid and someone like Maddison squeezed into both is pushing it.

Hanson is back in training so I presume could go out if somebody wants him. I think for him personally it would be good for him to go out on loan and actually play as he really needs it after the last few seasons, and I don't think that will happen much with us.

Hanson is back in training so I presume could go out if somebody wants him. I think for him personally it would be good for him to go out on loan and actually play as he really needs it after the last few seasons, and I don't think that will happen much with us.
He’d massively benefit from a run of games in L2 in his best position. Never getting that with us and always looks slightly off the pace.

Given that there hasn't been a great deal of change in that area, probably better to look at last season for evidence rather than 3 games of this in which probably the most important component (Gorrin) has been out.
Losing Browne was all of the change that was needed. Someone that could do something special in a game to change it.

If the fans can see it can kr. Both Napa and Hanson should be shipped out to make room for incoming players in the squad,

Certainly, I doubt Woking would contribute much though, and that’s £4k a week sat on our wage bill not doing a lot. I’m picking on those players, but was just trying to illustrate that we have really limited flexibility this year and whether that’s wage cap or squad list, the idea that we’re going to have Taylor, Winnall, Agyei, Henry, Cooper, Sykes, a new pacy left mid and someone like Maddison squeezed into both is pushing it.
Napa on £4k a week? Surely not. Did you mean £4K a month?

If the fans can see it can kr. Both Napa and Hanson should be shipped out to make room for incoming players in the squad,

For a player to be shipped out there has to be somebody willing to take them. And I hope for Hanson's sake there is somebody willing to take him so he gets a chance to play regularly.

Again, Napa isn't an issue with the senior squad spaces as he was 20 at the start of this calendar year and rumours are he is going out on loan to Woking anyway.

Back
Top Bottom