Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Got himself a call up for the latest Wales squad so they still rate him.

I've been told by someone supposedly in the know that Ben Woodburn is on his way back to us.

I think had the club and KR really wanted him back, he would be here by now.

This move that was nailed on a couple of weeks ago seems to have broken down as he was playing for the Liverpool U23 side in the past week or so. Interesting that was no mention of us being in for him either. That might explain why it would be delayed if it comes through, but I reckon it was a choice between him and McGuane.

Given that there’s a wage cap, the only way the they could more easily afford him than Oxford, is if they have not spent as much on players that count under said cap than we have.

Which one of our relevant signings would you have wished we’d passed on in preference to MM?

There's a few who he would be seen as potentially a better option. The guy from Forrest signed on loan.

There you go. do you agree Maddison would be a better potential choice compared to him?

Just to play Devil’s advocate, we’ve got serious debts ourselves and our Owner was late to his own launch press conference as the trains were running slow... [emoji6]
He was at Oxford Parkway, stopping me getting on the train to Marylebone to go to work by standing in the doorway and looking bloody confused.

The deal to take over Charlton was completed last week.

Yes I saw that, but the latest I read was that it was STILL not yet ratified by the Football League, and whilst new owners passed the fit and proper test, we all know what that tends to mean.

You can almost hear feet being stomped along with some of the stroppy posts on here!!!

Got to love a transfer window!!!

Woodburn played 90 minutes for Liverpool 21s in the efl trophy last night. Liverpool and Hull papers had been reporting he was set to sign for Hull at start of this week.

If he doesn’t count towards the squad limit and we’ve got it in the budget, seems a no brainer to bring in Woodburn if we can. Feel he only really disappointed last season because he came with such high expectations and was crocked 75% of the time. A fitter, older Ben Woodburn who’s had a year of getting used to the league and to oxford could be bloody brilliant.

If he doesn’t count towards the squad limit and we’ve got it in the budget, seems a no brainer to bring in Woodburn if we can. Feel he only really disappointed last season because he came with such high expectations and was crocked 75% of the time. A fitter, older Ben Woodburn who’s had a year of getting used to the league and to oxford could be bloody brilliant.

Plus they now know why he had his injuries and have adapted his boots for it iirc.

Back
Top Bottom