Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

How do we know this?
The Oxford Mail article says:

Robinson revealed an alternative from a higher-division club had been lined up to come in for the victory at Accrington Stanley on Saturday, but his side’s progress in the Carabao Cup put a spanner in the works.

He said: “We had a left back done that won last Tuesday.

“I think the Carabao Cup should have been in pre-season, it wouldn’t have been an issue then.”

The Carabao Cup winners on Tuesday 22 September were Newport, Brentford, West Ham and Man Utd so assuming KR got the day right and that last Tuesday refers to that date (and not one of @Oxymoron 's Tuesday's :) ) then it looks like he means Brentford, West Ham or Man Utd. Or Spurs walk-over against Orient?

The Oxford Mail article says:

Robinson revealed an alternative from a higher-division club had been lined up to come in for the victory at Accrington Stanley on Saturday, but his side’s progress in the Carabao Cup put a spanner in the works.

He said: “We had a left back done that won last Tuesday.

“I think the Carabao Cup should have been in pre-season, it wouldn’t have been an issue then.”

The Carabao Cup winners on Tuesday 22 September were Newport, Brentford, West Ham and Man Utd so assuming KR got the day right and that last Tuesday refers to that date (and not one of @Oxymoron 's Tuesday's :) ) then it looks like he means Brentford, West Ham or Man Utd. Or Spurs walk-over against Orient?

So either Brandon Williams (nope!), Dom Thompson or Ben Johnson

So either Brandon Williams (nope!), Dom Thompson or Ben Johnson
Johnson is West Ham’s second choice right back - he’s technically first choice now as Fredericks is injured. Would be amazed if it were him. He’s been far too close to their starting eleven for months to suddenly be loaned out. Especially to L1.

Thompson played 90 against us for Brentford in the friendly a few weeks back. I reckon he was the most likely candidate.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Johnson is West Ham’s second choice right back - he’s technically first choice now as Fredericks is injured. Would be amazed if it were him. He’s been far too close to their starting eleven for months to suddenly be loaned out. Especially to L1.

Thompson played 90 against us for Brentford in the friendly a few weeks back. I reckon he was the most likely candidate.
Rico Henry got what sounds like a long term injury at Brentford by the sounds of it and Thompson played 88 minutes at the weekend so is second choice right back.

only other possibility is a Spurs player.

As there’s now talk of Ruffels being back soon - I guess we will now go all in on a winger.

The other factor being that KR made it sound like something of a surprise that the team won, which given that the two other games were Man U v Luton and West Ham v Hull, then I would say that Brentford beating West Brom was the biggest surprise of the three.....hence Thompson is in the frame. My only question is squad numbers, as Thompson is #2, which implies he is in line for the first team, whereas another guy Mads Bech sorenson also played in defence that night and is #29 whihc is a more loan-likely squad number...

If MM is available and is anywhere near getting his attitude sorted out then it surely must be first choice ( money permitting also ) a class act in League 1. Remember Bobby McDonald only came to us after his contract with Man City was cancelled due to his off the field activities .....he didn't do too bad for us ?

KR has said a left back was lined up.
Sounds like the ones mentioned on here are right backs. Something doesn't add up if so.
Edit. Just checked. One is a LB one can play either.

Last edited:
Basically another sob story of how we were going to bring in someone but didnt and money is no object. Havent we been here before?
I expect that we were bringing somebody in and in all likelihood they didn't come in due to the team winning. I haven't read anything about money bring no object? Where did you get that from out of interest?

Basically another sob story of how we were going to bring in someone but didnt and money is no object. Havent we been here before?
I'll bite, were you not satisfied with the squad last season?

This Season
Signing Matty Taylor on a three year deal.
Signing Cameron Brannagan on a three year deal.

I've looked at all the signings in League One and I've not seen two better permanent signings.

I'll bite, were you not satisfied with the squad last season?

This Season
Signing Matty Taylor on a three year deal.
Signing Cameron Brannagan on a three year deal.

I've looked at all the signings in League One and I've not seen two better permanent signings.
Agreed. Excellent signings.

Back
Top Bottom