Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Have you heard any whispers Scotch
No different from EC Yellow. My understanding is that an established defender is being prioritised, and that would mean that an u21 winger would be the preference but its a very fragile situation.

The power is normally with the players or the selling/loaning clubs, but that has changed a little. A lot of clubs are being very careful with budgets, and the idea that we will get out bid by others is simply not true. We are waiting for the right players on the right deals.

If we had lost Saturday or picked up more injuries then I think we would have seen business being done now, but now isn't the time to panic.

Totally agree. Would choose maddison every time. He would walk into any league one team.

But he would want paying, hence we look at young Premier "starlets" and the spin/hype that comes with it. Remember those two Man City "Starlets!"

The Maddison one is madness. I mean on the face of it any team in this league would be wanting him on the pitch. A few in the league above also.

But theyre not. Its so, so strange.

Im going to predict he ends up one of two places.

1. Lincoln
2. Gillingham.
This really is all there is to it. I'm not sure why people are acting like YellowsForum alone have noticed MM is a good player, like we are uniquely privy to the information that he's been one of the best players in League One for years now. Every manager in the league will know this. Every club in the league will know that, in all likelihood, he is an improvement on whoever they have starting on the wing at this moment in time, that he is proven at this level, so won't need bedding in, and that he will not likely be asking a ridiculous wage, given how late into the window it is and the salary cap situation. From his social media it appears he has kept himself in reasonably good nick, playing for the local non-league side in Peterborough to keep his fitness up, and is keen to play and prove himself.

And yet he is clubless.

Maybe he is asking for a ridiculous wage. I certainly don't know. But it doesn't seem from his social media posts like he's been approached by a number of clubs but talks keep breaking down. It sounds like he's not even being approached.

So whatever is going on off the pitch with him must be so drastic it acts as a deterrent despite all those positives. Given how cutthroat football is as an industry, the mind really does boggle.

Marcus Maddison yes please. Forget the PL youngster out wide, i’d Rather give Cooper the chance to improve with us.
I agree with this. Given how new he is to football at this level, I think Cooper has done well so far and will only improve, as he plays more games.

Maddison and a defender, please. If it doesn't work out, look at the loan market in January.

It's not MM or a young quick loanie winger. It's MM or a CB.

There is only one place in the squad. For MM to sign, someone has to leave - and not someone <22.

It's not MM or a young quick loanie winger. It's MM or a CB.

There is only one place in the squad. For MM to sign, someone has to leave - and not someone <22.
Well if they got the centre back they I presume they would deregister Mousinho freeing the space again?otherwise we’d have 4 senior centre backs.

Well if they got the centre back they I presume they would deregister Mousinho freeing the space again?otherwise we’d have 4 senior centre backs.

Isn't Mousinho only out for a month or so?

Going by KR’s comments in the OM this morning, I’m guessing the left back we were set to sign is 20 year old Ben Johnson from West Ham.

Last edited:

There must be some ruling against registering players. Hypothetical but a moneybags side fighting off relegation from the Championship could see a new manager come in, register half the squad without getting rid of them and then signing a load of new players.

There's plot holes to that analogy of course but the theory rings true. I imagine deregistering is something you only do if the player simply isn't going to feature at all (Christian Ribiero for example a few seasons ago when he called time on his career due to injury) rather than a switch you can hit on and off again whenever you get an injury and fancy bringing a loan player in.

Going back KR’s comments in the OM this morning, I’m guessing the left back we were set to sign is 20 year Ben Johnson from West Ham.

Not going to be Johnson. He is the backup for West Ham and may even become a starter due to injuries.

I think the problem with Maddison is that he comes with his side show and his ego. 5 good games and he/his agent would be touting him about once again.
It's why Peterborough got so fed up with him and the "circus act".

And lets be honest, the only moves he had the choice of last season was to Charlton - a club in a big mess at the time or a loan move to Hull who had a former Peterborough manager in charge. This is despite being one of the leading players in League One for 3 or 4 season. There is clearly a reason clubs have swerved him historically.

Perhaps the time out of the game may have made him grow up and become more rational with his expectations. I'm not sure our squad would be accepting of a massive ego coming into what is a good group. Not too sure, where he would fit in either.

On Maddison - with this type of player there is normally an age at which they mature and the petulance or youth subsides. Maddison is 27, so could be worth the gamble

The LB is at one of just 14 clubs. We should be able to got this down to two or three names.

Back
Top Bottom