Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Go on then?
On present showing
Clare
Kelly
Osei Yaw
Asonganyi
McGuane
This is as it stands at the moment Osei Yaw looked good for banging in a few from the premiership season but so did Obika, but I hope he comes good. Kelly I know is good but at the moment he isn’t, a lot of Hype about McGuane Clare after last Saturdays showing I want Long as RB. That’s my 5 whether that is the same as @Irish terrier i don’t know but I suspect they are.

On present showing
Clare
Kelly
Osei Yaw
Asonganyi
McGuane
This is as it stands at the moment Osei Yaw looked good for banging in a few from the premiership season but so did Obika, but I hope he comes good. Kelly I know is good but at the moment he isn’t, a lot of Hype about McGuane Clare after last Saturdays showing I want Long as RB. That’s my 5 whether that is the same as @Irish terrier i don’t know but I suspect they are.

Osei Yaw, Asonganyi have been signed as at best currently fringe squad members with the hope they kick on. Kelly has had longer at the club and needs to get better. But Clare and McGuane, you're judging on a few games which I remember others getting written off after so few games, Danny Hylton for instance, so how about waiting and letting them settle in first. Also, Clare was carrying an injury for the last game as KR said in his interview before the Sunderland game. I don't know if they will turn out to be good or not but to say so after 2 league games is ridiculous.

We do lack pace so hopefully in the short time remaining he (KR) can bring in the missing piece which is pace. If however he doesn’t manage to bring in the 3 he requires then I would have to seriously ask why can’t he bring them in. At the moment this so called great transfer window some have said we’ve had is not great.
It was a BRILLIANT transfer window in which we have put together a wonderful squad the envy of the league. Dont you dare question it.

On present showing
Clare
Kelly
Osei Yaw
Asonganyi
McGuane

Clare - 279 minutes
Osei Yaw - 245 minutes, 1 goal.
McGuane - 212 minutes
Asonganyi - 0 minutes
Kelly - 253 minutes plus 158 minutes and 1 goal last season.

Crikey, writing players off quickly aren't you?
Kelly is no doubt the disappointment so far but hardly needs writing off yet.
The others had'nt played any form of football since March before joining us and even then those apart from Clare, were only playing reserve football.

Clare - 279 minutes
Osei Yaw - 245 minutes, 1 goal.
McGuane - 212 minutes
Asonganyi - 0 minutes
Kelly - 253 minutes plus 158 minutes and 1 goal last season.

Crikey, writing players off quickly aren't you?
Kelly is no doubt the disappointment so far but hardly needs writing off yet.
The others had'nt played any form of football since March before joining us and even then those apart from Clare, were only playing reserve football.
Not writing them off it’s an observation but how can this be a good window apart from the Brannagan and Taylor signings? I know it’s only early days but when have we ever hit the ground running? This is not the appearance of a team that are going for promotion, I know Kellybis good as a Winnall if keeps fit would be a brilliant acquisition but we lack the LB the LW and now a CB get them filled with top players then there is no reason why we can’t exceed but at the moment sorry no we’re not good enough.

On present showing
Clare
Kelly
Osei Yaw
Asonganyi
McGuane

How can you say McGuane is ‘nowhere near good enough’? He’s barely played for us and looks at worst average, not ‘nowhere near good enough’

Kelly aside, how many minutes of league football have each of them played in their careers?

No axe to grind and I genuinely don't know!

It was a BRILLIANT transfer window in which we have put together a wonderful squad the envy of the league. Dont you dare question it.
How many people actually said it was "BRILLIANT"?? I know a few maybe but the impression I got was that a lot of people were just very happy and optimistic, which I think is fair. But of course a few things have gone against us and the usual suspects' toys are out of the pram. It's a long game ffs.

Kelly aside, how many minutes of league football have each of them played in their careers?

No axe to grind and I genuinely don't know!

Included Liam Kelly as it was easy to do. Have fun. :)

Included Liam Kelly as it was easy to do. Have fun. :)
Thanks...I was being Lazy :)

Pretty thin on experience amongst those. I 'd also come back to my earlier point....where is the on field leadership coming from when we're under the kosh?

I thought Sean Clare was a number of levels below a L1 footballer. Really worrying.

We've had crap side backs for ages. Ruffs ain't good enough for where we want to be either. Sorry.

How can you say McGuane is ‘nowhere near good enough’? He’s barely played for us and looks at worst average, not ‘nowhere near good enough’
I can because he is to slow. Simple. Non athletic like Kelly. Players breeze past him. If you want a five yard passer then simon clist is a lot cheaper.
He looked good in pre season because everyone has space. That goes when it's the real deal.

I can because he is to slow. Simple. Non athletic like Kelly. Players breeze past him. If you want a five yard passer then simon clist is a lot cheaper.
He looked good in pre season because everyone has space. That goes when it's the real deal.
If McGuane would stop aimlessly spinning around, run towards the opposition goal instead of looking to lay the ball backwards and sideways, and worry more about shrugging off any challenges than wanting the free kick whenever anybody so much as breathes on him, he would be a good player. And he may still be - he’s got the attributes. He’s agile, he’s quick, he can dribble... he just doesn’t seem to want to do anything apart from get rid of the ball and look for fouls rather than getting away from people and driving on. That’s a mentality problem - he can play the game. Rothwell was a similar player, but he wanted to go past players and play one-two passes to get through the lines. He was a positive player who wanted to move towards the opposition box at all times, whatever anyone thinks or thought of him. McGuane needs to want to do that, and to stop taking the easy way out by treating the ball like a live grenade and falling over when he could just power past someone and leave them in the dust.

It’s up to him what he does. If he can toughen up and want the responsibility a little bit more, he could comfortably be one of the best players in the whole squad.

A reminder that Ricky Sappleton and Gino van Kessel were both hailed as saviours after one match. And a forum regular said that Kemar Roofe "will never make it as a professional footballer" after two games.

Which isn't saying that Clare, McGuane et al have to kick on, but let's give them a little bit more of a chance eh?

We get this every year don’t we (hammering new players before we give them a proper chance!). There isn’t one player, new or old who has covered themselves with glory yet, so let’s not over react. It’s not the best start but as lots of people have mentioned already, let’s see where we are after around 10 games.

Back
Top Bottom