Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Yes, very true horseman - hell of a long way to go & we started badly last year & look how that ended!
However, we were literally all over the place against Sunderland & several senior players looked disinterested - hopefully KR is putting that right as we speak?
most of that mustve been down to the change in formation though as the other games we had played were in a normal pattern.

i think we need to find another Craig Dean.

Since Dean left in August 2017, we've signed the following players for the 'model' that we work to who were earmarked as first teamers and not for the Development squad:

Rob Dickie
Cameron Brannagan
Cameron Norman
Gavin Whyte
Jamie Hanson
Mark Sykes
Elliott Moore
Dan Agyei
Joel Cooper
Derick Osei-Yaw
Dylan Asonganyi

Not all succeed granted, but I'd happily argue that's more hits than misses. You have to accept in whatever model you choose there will be some that don't made the grade.

Reaching the playoff final whilst selling players to make us a lot of money in the process, and we're discussing where it started going wrong?! It's amazing what a couple of defeats can do :oops:

I still maintain that if the season was finished normally we wouldn't have made the play off final, maybe not even the play offs.

*ducks for cover*

To move this back to the here and now , while it’s goods news that mous isn’t going to be out for as long as first thought I can’t help but think this isn’t actually good news for right now.

Now that mous isn’t going to be out for months will robbo now re think which player he brings in next , I think we need clarity of thought we need this missing players in the squad in as quickly as possible and I assume that mous will now be registering as a player

To move this back to the here and now , while it’s goods news that mous isn’t going to be out for as long as first thought I can’t help but think this isn’t actually good news for right now.

Now that mous isn’t going to be out for months will robbo now re think which player he brings in next , I think we need clarity of thought we need this missing players in the squad in as quickly as possible and I assume that mous will now be registering as a player
I suspect he'll still be looking at another given his recent comments on Nico Jones too.

I still maintain that if the season was finished normally we wouldn't have made the play off final, maybe not even the play offs.

*ducks for cover*
Interesting opinion, why do you think that? We had won 5 or 6 on the bounce with ok fixtures ahead + were playing pretty well. Granted the squad was a bit thin but quite pessimistic to say we'd have missed the play offs

Interesting opinion, why do you think that? We had won 5 or 6 on the bounce with ok fixtures ahead + were playing pretty well. Granted the squad was a bit thin but quite pessimistic to say we'd have missed the play offs
We might have peaked a bit soon and fallen away. Or we might have stormed to second !

...and yet we improved!

Miraculous when you think about it.
Not So far this season we need. CB/LB a LW and that should be it he had a couple of targets apparently but he can’t get them through the door, so at the Moment not this season

Isnt the problem more doing the deals than spotting the players?

Yep. Players identified then Players in for “talks” what happens after the before and after that bit only a handful of people will know.. the scouting team can only do so much before it gets handed over to those indoors and overseas...

Since Dean left in August 2017, we've signed the following players for the 'model' that we work to who were earmarked as first teamers and not for the Development squad:

Rob Dickie
Cameron Brannagan
Cameron Norman
Gavin Whyte
Jamie Hanson
Mark Sykes
Elliott Moore
Dan Agyei
Joel Cooper
Derick Osei-Yaw
Dylan Asonganyi

Not all succeed granted, but I'd happily argue that's more hits than misses. You have to accept in whatever model you choose there will be some that don't made the grade.

And taking away the bottom 3. Ask yourself how many were originally on the list, albeit not as high up it as they become following player moves, loss of form of those above etc..

Back
Top Bottom