Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

This sounds similar to the what is reported for tax purposes. Like probably many on here, I have relocated a lot. Quite often you get relocation assistance, which can consist of flights, temporary accommodation for a month, shipping of personal items and a lump sum. In most locations I have had to declare these in my tax for the year.

There h
KR needs to get rid of his seemingly defeatist attitude, for example throwing Jones under the bus, negative comments about not being able to get players in, and realise we are in the same position as other teams. The difference being other teams got their recruitment done earlier allowing pre season to be a time for the players to gel. It's what he gets paid for. Stop wallowing in self pity.
Things need doing and they need doing this week:
Ship out the 3/4 players that are dead wood
Get in the players he knows he needs
Decide on a realistic alternative to the way we normally play. The whole league knows how we are going to set up.
Get rid of this notion of finger pointing that he alluded to on Saturday, and get back to being a tight unit.
Reflect on how the hell we always seem to get a hatful of injuries, rather than the odd one or two.

Then get them players playing with the self belief we used to have before Covid, and get us up that table, challenging at the right end. He is the man for the job.
There has been a problem with recruitment ever since Tiger joined. Hell it even took us months to get KR in. I know all the positive Pete’s on here don’t like it said but something isn’t right. Remember when KR said he wants to get things done early? We ended up doing the 1 in next week dance for months! It is not they way things need to be. But at the last fans forum I attended KR said it was sorted out. But it isn’t! Recruitment is a shambles! we have inadequate cover in areas as we found with Ruffles and Gorrin And as others have said we’ve let our creativity go (Browne, Fosu, Baptise, Holland) and not replaced them.

If you take into consideration The clubs debt, all the outgoing costs that we face, and the financial impact of COVID, it’s obvious we’re not in a position to be as liberal with our spending as we’d like to be.

Well I for one didn't know that he'd been seen driving a car with his friends! And staying up late too?

Truly shocking. I'll be writing to Tiger about this.
I haven’t seen the videos but believe they are posted to show driving whilst not looking at the road and not wearing seatbelts because that’s ’clever’.

If you take into consideration The clubs debt, all the outgoing costs that we face, and the financial impact of COVID, it’s obvious we’re not in a position to be as liberal with our spending as we’d like to be.
Other clubs have debt but they seem to manage

There h

There has been a problem with recruitment ever since Tiger joined. Hell it even took us months to get KR in. I know all the positive Pete’s on here don’t like it said but something isn’t right. Remember when KR said he wants to get things done early? We ended up doing the 1 in next week dance for months! It is not they way things need to be. But at the last fans forum I attended KR said it was sorted out. But it isn’t! Recruitment is a shambles! we have inadequate cover in areas as we found with Ruffles and Gorrin And as others have said we’ve let our creativity go (Browne, Fosu, Baptise, Holland) and not replaced them.
I think saying we 'let Browne and Holland go' is a bit disingenuous, given they were only here on loan. But aside from that, we have replaced (or at least tried to) each of those players, no? Given Holland was a replacement for Fosu in the first place and we now have Cooper, and McGuane appears to be the same kind of midfield player (hopefully) as Baptiste. I imagine the management also hope that Sykes will continue his development into a top creative attacking player at this level. So I think we're fine on that front.

Agreed re inadequate cover though. I for one certainly got lulled over the last few months into thinking it was fine we didn't have a backup for Ruffels / the CBs because we didn't really need them last year - I'll hold my hands up on that. But come on - recruitment is manifestly not 'a shambles'.

There h

Recruitment is a shambles? When we repeatedly snap up players who can be sold for millions, and reached the playoff final?? I agree it seems to take too long

Yes they do but they have 7 spaces, so unless the existing 15 are on monumental wages, they should have a lot of wiggle room.
paddy and Ched must be on a fair wack and their owner must be shedding out lots of cash. Heard he was worth around 15 million And must have spent a shed load already.

paddy and Ched must be on a fair wack and their owner must be shedding out lots of cash. Heard he was worth around 15 million And must have spent a shed load already.

Paddy and Ched will count as the average (£1300 a week) though as they were there last season.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Lets see. My suspicion is that a number of these clubs you refer to will struggle to see out the season.
Quite - if you have debt, you can only pay this off via revenue which in the absence of crowds comes from a combination of TV income, ST sales already banked, some merchandising and if you're lucky player sale profit. All of these are likely to be reduced this year (apart perhaps from TV income?) yet the interest on debt remains.

Of course if you have a sugar daddy owner, that would also help but how many L1/L2 clubs have one of those.

If crowds don't go into stadia this year and there isn't some form of Govt bailout, then I can see 10-20 clubs in very serious trouble.

Back
Top Bottom