Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

...definitely a decent window. Not brilliant...

b7014e9bedee82891943afafeb88b264.jpg

You are Anatoly Dyatlov and I claim my five Hryvnia.

A brilliant window? Really? I know im seen as negative but im just not sure what weve done thats so impressive. Signed Brannagan down, absolutely. Sold Dickie, not so much. Cooper, Clare and McGuane all a bit unknown. Potential of course. Likewise Osei and Asangonyi. Zero pace. Light up front. Decent. Could have been a lot worse. Not brilliant imo. Different perspectives
Taylor permanent conveniently forgotten as a signing this window!! I missed your latest post.

A really decent window so far in my opinion.

We sold Dickie for a tidy sum which has reinforced our reputation to players as a club who are going somewhere and who can get you places. Our budget is very competitive again on the back off the Dickie deal.

We got Matty Taylor on a permanent 3 year contract which I guess could return 60 goals for the football club over this period, we have signed a mobile right back in Clare who can hopefully replicate our attacking threat of old down the right side and we have seen a vary talented centre back emerge in Atkinson.

We have seen McGuane come in and look like a real player, a streamline Kelly add quality in the centre and Cooper look lively on the left. Osei Yaw and Asonganyi have been added for goal threat. Despite not seeing Asonganyi yet, Osei Yaw looks like he could get in to double figures.

On top of this we are likely to add that stiff competition for Taylor in the coming days and wouldn't rule out a couple more before the window shuts. Whats not to like?

We sold Dickie for a tidy sum which has reinforced our reputation to players as a club who are going somewhere and who can get you places. Our budget is very competitive again on the back off the Dickie deal.

We got Matty Taylor on a permanent 3 year contract which I guess could return 60 goals for the football club over this period, we have signed a mobile right back in Clare who can hopefully replicate our attacking threat of old down the right side and we have seen a vary talented centre back emerge in Atkinson.

We have seen McGuane come in and look like a real player, a streamline Kelly add quality in the centre and Cooper look lively on the left. Osei Yaw and Asonganyi have been added for goal threat. Despite not seeing Asonganyi yet, Osei Yaw looks like he could get in to double figures.

On top of this we are likely to add that stiff competition for Taylor in the coming days and wouldn't rule out a couple more before the window shuts. Whats not to like?

To be fair, we are still lacking in pace. I really, really hope that we add a speedy left-winger before the end of the window. I think if we do that then we can call it a good window but, ultimately, it's difficult to say either way until you see the squad in competitive action.

Winnall & a top class left winger (Marcus Browne / Nathan Holland) and it will be a fantastic window. Anyone extra will be a bonus with the wage cap. Gotta remember this was one of the best squads in L1 last season. I’d say L1 is a little bit weaker this year.

Atkinson has played LB before and based on his style of play, I can actually see him doing a good job there. Mous could tuck into LCB as cover. I really dont think we need any more CB's but im a massive Atkinson fan so of course I'm going to say that.

Not sure how likely Holland is so we may need to look at alternatives.

Any idea who we might be looking at for LB cover?

Surprise bloody surprise. Leftsideboy going on about left sided players again.

It takes two flanks to make a team dude

Top post that ????

I'm not sure you can really include Rob Atkinson when rating this window? We already had him!

For me its been a 75% window so far - really good, but not quite an 80% or 90% 'wow' window just yet. Brannigan was great but not a massive shock as such given the injuries he's had. Taylor I'm very happy with but he was available on a free. McGuane is promising but the jury is still out somewhat, same as Cooper. Clare doesn't seem as good as Cadden but that could change. Kelly hasn't had a brilliant or even good 90 minutes for us yet. Osei Yaw and Asongyani promising but still raw and somewhat unknown quantities.

This isn't moaning or complaining, overall I'm happy and I use 75% in its old fashioned sense as meaning a really good score - if we can get decent LB, LW and ST cover it goes to 80%+ and if we can add another 'wow' signing - a Marcus Browne, a Gavin Whyte or a top PL youngster with pace to burn - then it could creep into the 90%s and dreamland.

As it is, we have a strong squad with some question marks, some patchy areas and a bit of a lack of pace but one which will win a lot of games at this level.

I'm not sure you can really include Rob Atkinson when rating this window? We already had him!

For me its been a 75% window so far - really good, but not quite an 80% or 90% 'wow' window just yet. Brannigan was great but not a massive shock as such given the injuries he's had. Taylor I'm very happy with but he was available on a free. McGuane is promising but the jury is still out somewhat, same as Cooper. Clare doesn't seem as good as Cadden but that could change. Kelly hasn't had a brilliant or even good 90 minutes for us yet. Osei Yaw and Asongyani promising but still raw and somewhat unknown quantities.

This isn't moaning or complaining, overall I'm happy and I use 75% in its old fashioned sense as meaning a really good score - if we can get decent LB, LW and ST cover it goes to 80%+ and if we can add another 'wow' signing - a Marcus Browne, a Gavin Whyte or a top PL youngster with pace to burn - then it could creep into the 90%s and dreamland.

As it is, we have a strong squad with some question marks, some patchy areas and a bit of a lack of pace but one which will win a lot of games at this level.

I would say I think Rob Atkinson was signed for this window and to replace Rob Dickie's place in the squad.

I would also say Brannagan was a bit of a shock given plenty on here were worried he would be going or be leaving us on a free next summer.

I agree we need some pace though, if nothing else as an alternative. Hopefully it will come with the new left sided midfielder/winger. It is clear KR is well aware of this issue as well from his comments.

• React
Reactions: Ian
I think our squad looks pretty strong especially if Winnall signs and maybe a fast winger in Browne or Holland! my only concern is these young strikers Agyei and derrick have to get game time and be given a chance 5 minutes at the end of a match isn't going to progress the players they need to be played with the likes of Taylor or Winnall. They both have shown they know where the net is and both have real qualitys fast exciting to watch I just don't think Karl trusts in them enough, Mackie last season was shambolic scored and assisted how many goals? and played more than Agyei is a proper threat going forward with speed to burn just my opinion don't shoot me :)

The great thing is that you can see Agyei and Del Boy already have these raw qualities and I have every confidence that, in our set up, they will only get better and better.

We already have a compressed season with two games a week for long periods, not to mention any cup runs we might go on. Add to that the fact the squad is compact and I think both will play important roles. I trust our coaching staff and Robinson to get the best out of them and use them wisely!

Back
Top Bottom