Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Another good acquisition. They could be the dark horses this year.
I think he's better than he's given credit for (13 League One goals in 74 League One appearances in the last two season, only 4 coming last year), but he's definitely a downgrade on Clarke-Harris.

I think he's better than he's given credit for (13 League One goals in 74 League One appearances in the last two season, only 4 coming last year), but he's definitely a downgrade on Clarke-Harris.

Is he like Ryan Taylor was for us? Not that much of a goalscorer but others scored off him leading the line. I don't know as I don't remember him playing against us.

Is he like Ryan Taylor was for us? Not that much of a goalscorer but others scored off him leading the line. I don't know as I don't remember him playing against us.
Just going off what I've seen on Twitter, people (who aren't 12-year-olds spamming 'he's s**t, 13 goals in two years ? ? ? ') seem to think he's got decent potential. Still seems like his role is as a goalscorer though, so different to Taylor for us, who I always thought was an elite target man.

Then again, you get tweets like this from Gills fans, so perhaps it's wishful thinking!

Nothing to do with KR as far as I’m aware. 30 in 79 in L1 including 21 in 43 in 2015/16. Did alright in the Championship in 2016/17 but hasn’t done a whole lot since his move to Sheff Weds for £500k
But he did ok on loan at Derby. Matt Taylor was not successful in the Championship either. I think Winnall may have had a long term knee injury during his spell at SW.

But he did ok on loan at Derby. Matt Taylor was not successful in the Championship either. I think Winnall may have had a long term knee injury during his spell at SW.
As long as he’s fit as soon as his ore season is over then we will be fine

Nathan Holland is out of contract next summer so will want to go out where he can get games if he's out of favour at West Ham. He may not yet be ready for a full season, but the same could be said for Joel Cooper who is playing professionally for the first time. I think he'd be a great addition to the squad, which then maybe only leaves us looking for over at left back/centre back (assuming Winnall is coming in!).

Nathan Holland is out of contract next summer so will want to go out where he can get games if he's out of favour at West Ham. He may not yet be ready for a full season, but the same could be said for Joel Cooper who is playing professionally for the first time. I think he'd be a great addition to the squad, which then maybe only leaves us looking for over at left back/centre back (assuming Winnall is coming in!).
Dats some big assumptions officer

Do we need cover at CB? I'm not convinced that we do. Id rather we pushed the boat out to get Holland back on loan (and if all goes well, sign him on a permanent at the end of the season), and bring in Garbutt as LM/LB cover/competition for Ruffels.

Back
Top Bottom