Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Are we really good to go?

Coming up to 48 hours before our first competitive match I would still like to see direct competition for Messrs Ruffels, Cooper and Taylor added.

The team is weaker without Dickie, but I do believe Moore and Atkinson will step up to become a formidable partnership.

Also, think we have a weakness at GK and RB positions , I guess time will tell if what we have is good enough for promotion from this level this time round.

I still think we are short. I know people wont be surprised at me saying that.

Short on cover up front (Osei is very much an unknown at this point), and very short on pace to get behind teams.

I still think we are short. I know people wont be surprised at me saying that.

Short on cover up front (Osei is very much an unknown at this point), and very short on pace to get behind teams.
Agyei, Cooper, Sykes and Osei can definitely get in behind defences; especially at the 60 minute mark. Rob Hall is looking back to his best so I wouldnt say we were 'short' - I do agree, we could do with another winger and no doubt we will sign one but I dont think its the end of the world.

Last edited:
Are we really good to go?

Coming up to 48 hours before our first competitive match I would still like to see direct competition for Messrs Ruffels, Cooper and Taylor added.

The team is weaker without Dickie, but I do believe Moore and Atkinson will step up to become a formidable partnership.

Also, think we have a weakness at GK and RB positions , I guess time will tell if what we have is good enough for promotion from this level this time round.

I think we're good for the first few games but not for the full season.

Think we’ll see a couple more
Loanees come in before the window. Robinson loves a loan player and we only currently have 2 unless I’m forgetting someone?

Looking at the squad would say LB is probably a position where we might get caught out if Ruffels gets injured. If he does it's a bit of a case of square pegs in round holes - perhaps Forde or Hanson filling in? Or one of Long or Clare playing on their wrong foot? None of that sounds ideal to me.

Edit - @HampshireYellow beating me to it!

I’d rather another left back than another centre back...
Perhaps someone more than adept at playing either? We all know we need cover for Ruffs, but we only have Mous and Moore at CB who have had full pro seasons under their belts, and as has been mentioned, Mous is getting on a bit. Nico is unexperienced, and though Atkinson has done very well pre-season (as has been well discussed on his own thread)...let's hope he's not suffering from Jamie Guy syndrome!

I’d rather another left back than another centre back...

Exactly. Lose Ruffels and who plays there? Long? At RB, we have Clare, Long, Forde and even Hanson so plenty of options.

Whilst all the mutterings are of a winger and another striker (and both would be fine to have), my concerns remains on the defence. We're an injury away from a complete reshuffle especially if Ruffels has a niggle as mentioned above.

I'm worried that KR may be looking to rely on Mous more than we think - he's a fine player and very capable at CB, but turns 35 this season and looked rather exposed against pace in the Palace friendly. Our best defence at present is Long - Moore - Atkinson - Ruffels from what we've seen of pre-season. However, I do view it as the department that has at best plateaued from last season rather than improved.

Maybe Nico Jones is part of the wider plans to supplement the defence ...

Looking at the squad would say LB is probably a position where we might get caught out if Ruffels gets injured. If he does it's a bit of a case of square pegs in round holes - perhaps Forde or Hanson filling in? Or one of Long or Clare playing on their wrong foot? None of that sounds ideal to me.

Edit - @HampshireYellow beating me to it!

I think it's been known by several all summer that LB needs more cover! I'd say the priority order is LW - LB - ST - CB.

Back
Top Bottom