Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Garbutt would be an interesting one if he showed up again. Someone who can fill that 11 shirt in terms of a final wide player, but who can also offer some sort of proper left back cover or simply a more attacking, wing back style alternative to Ruffels.

That said, I thought he looked pretty useless anywhere near left back, and it was only when defending was totally taken off the table and he went further up the pitch that he started to look a decent player.
I thought he was more effective further forward, and I can see KR rubbing his hands at the thought of Garbutt’s set pieces from one side and Kelly from the other, and vice versa, something we’ve missed for a season or two.

I thought he was more effective further forward, and I can see KR rubbing his hands at the thought of Garbutt’s set pieces from one side and Kelly from the other, and vice versa, something we’ve missed for a season or two.
He was a decent wide player indeed. But at left back was so underwhelming he couldn’t even get in the squad for weeks on end. Keep him as a wide midfielder / winger and we know he can perform.

Either way the 11 shirt is open for a reason. Will be interesting to see who takes it. The squad is very nearly ready to go after last week’s additions.

Left winger (possibly Garbutt). What's left, a Striker and another Centre Halve in case Dickie leaves possibly?

Can't see us getting another striker in now. Think it'll be rotation of Taylor, Agyei, Del boy and Dylan.

Can't see us getting another striker in now. Think it'll be rotation of Taylor, Agyei, Del boy and Dylan.
I would love to see Agyei play on the right of the front three, but after last season you can't really drop the Taylor / Henry combination. The midfield is far too strong for Henry to drop back.

Looking strong in all departments apart from defence and goal keeper.

I would love to see Agyei play on the right of the front three, but after last season you can't really drop the Taylor / Henry combination. The midfield is far too strong for Henry to drop back.

Looking strong in all departments apart from defence and goal keeper.

I'd say that, without disagreeing that a new addition would be good, we're still fairly strong in defence. Mousinho did well to turn himself around and I'd be comfortable with a combination of him and Moore. Atkinson also looks to show a lot of promise.

The issue is just that Dickie has been so imperious, we're terrified of losing him unless replaced with an equally Championship class of defender. And I'm not sure which realistic targets we can get in that would be able to comfort us to that extent.

We don’t need another winger imo we’ve got Derick, Cooper & Forde covering the left, Henry, Sykes, Hall, Napa, Ayegi on the right plus Garbutt would be a top earner who’s not really needed & the money could be invested in better areas

Garbutt will be one of maybe a dozen players we've spoken to, and Garbutt would have also spoke to a dozen or so clubs. It will all be about getting the right player on the right deal. As mentioned, Garbutt will have to massively rethink his wages, even more so now that the wage cap is in.

He's a player that worked hard here and had a decent attitude, which will help. But he'd have to be prepared to work hard at his defending as Robinson expects players to be able to cover a number of roles.

I'd say that him coming back is no more than 50/50 at the moment, but the longer he goes without a deal and the uncertainty of loan targets could increase the chances of this happening.

I expect him to sign an extension, this summer. 2 year deal would be lovely
Slightly surprising it wasn’t done before the salary cap deadline, like Brannagan’s was.

He’s showing he’s got ambition by switching from NI to the Republic at international level. One to watch.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom