Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

I swear there are more hours in a day than there ever used to be. It makes waiting for signings seem so long. Or is it just my imagination? (Running away with me)

Plus side of no news is it means no one has left, could we sign anyone better than Rob Dickie? Getting him to extend his deal would be better than any new player for me, very unlikely though.

Plus side of no news is it means no one has left, could we sign anyone better than Rob Dickie? Getting him to extend his deal would be better than any new player for me, very unlikely though.
Surely Tuesday will d-day for the Dickie situation, if a new contract is likely he plays, if a sale is on he will have a 'niggle'

The transfer window has a long way to go... Newcastle sound like they aren't looking to spend money, so could be off the cards for a move.

I swear there are more hours in a day than there ever used to be. It makes waiting for signings seem so long. Or is it just my imagination? (Running away with me)

Ev'ry night on my knees I pray Dear Lord, Hear my plea;
Don't ever let another take Rob Dickie from me or I would surely die.
His passing is heavenly, across a back three,
I hear a tender rhapsody, but in reality he doesn’t even know me....

(apologies to the Temptations).

Last edited:
Gavin Whyte played in our first(ish) pre-season friendly last year...

That's right. Our Northern Irish star player, who'd just been given the coveted Number 10 shirt, but never got to wear it in a regular season match as left for the Championship before the season started.

Let's hope there are no parallels with this year!

• React
Reactions: Ian
If they can’t meet the modest asking price for Dickie then I might put some money on them going down, peanuts for a premier league club.
The talk is free transfers and loans - hence the Jeff Hendrick signing. It sounds Ashley is tightening down the spending even more.

Interesting that Brentford signed Goode yesterday as well. Perhaps this will mean their interest will be over as well.

Wonder whether we have actually received any bids at all. Think it would be a disaster if he was still here after the deadline has passed. With only 1 year left on his contract his value will shrink in January.

Was listening to the radio earlier talk about Premier league clubs having significantly reduced budgets. Must be even worse for championship clubs.

If Rob Dickie staying gets us promoted, he may well stay? And the money loss now maybe a mooter point with more revenue in?

That said, I do think he will be off as he is ready for the move in how he plays the game - he needs the next challenge. Bit like Curtis Nelson last year.

I would be surprised if he moved up to Newcastle & reckon his preference is to stay around London or Birmingham. He will definitely be off IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom