Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

After yesterdays vote am i right in my understanding that we can only bring in 2 more players (3 if/when Dickie leaves)? And does that include loans? If so what 2 positions are the ones we should prioritise? For me another attacking player and a defensive CM who can pass the ball. Then after Dickie’s departure another CB to replace.

If you include Nico Jones, and I think he needs to be in the 1st team squad as he has done the u23s bit etc, then we already have 4 CBs in Moore, Mous, Atkinson and Jones.

If you include Nico Jones, and I think he needs to be in the 1st team squad as he has done the u23s bit etc, then we already have 4 CBs in Moore, Mous, Atkinson and Jones.
Considering the brief panic when we thought Dickie might be suspended for the play off final. Are those four going to be enough for a promotion push? Mous isnt getting any younger and I think will be seen more in the technical area alongside Robinson than on the pitch this season, Jones is still very young and raw and, in an ideal world, would probably benefit from a loan spell in L2 until Christmas. Also, because of the lack if any real U23 games, its unclear how hes progressing, for some reason he didnt really kick on and force his way into first team contention last season. I know thats probably unfair though, given the covid situation, not sure how he did during his brief stint at Oxford City? I have no idea about Atkinson other than he has no league experience.

Considering the brief panic when we thought Dickie might be suspended for the play off final. Are those four going to be enough for a promotion push? Mous isnt getting any younger and I think will be seen more in the technical area alongside Robinson than on the pitch this season, Jones is still very young and raw and, in an ideal world, would probably benefit from a loan spell in L2 until Christmas. Also, because of the lack if any real U23 games, its unclear how hes progressing, for some reason he didnt really kick on and force his way into first team contention last season. I know thats probably unfair though, given the covid situation, not sure how he did during his brief stint at Oxford City? I have no idea about Atkinson other than he has no league experience.

Jones, still only 18, captained the team in a Abomination Trophy game last season so I'd assume KR still rates him based on the comments around that. He did pretty well the year before when called upon for the 1st team as well with the added bonus is that he is left sided.

Atkinson was signed as Dickie's replacement considering the way the club talked about him and his style of play and Mous has just signed a new contract after an excellent season. This season we had Dickie, Mous, Moore and Jones so it isn't much different. Last season, Moore came in for Nelson and as said, the noises coming out when we signed Atkinson was that he was Dickie's replacement (as we all knew he'd be moving on unless we got promoted).

I think I read somewhere you can pay an extra bonus for cup wins. Should certainly focus player's minds on progressing as far as possible in FA Cup & League/Milk/Coca Cola/Carabao Cup.

We have been taking the cups seriously, but we always seem to get Man City. Which kind of ends things.

After yesterdays vote am i right in my understanding that we can only bring in 2 more players (3 if/when Dickie leaves)? And does that include loans? If so what 2 positions are the ones we should prioritise? For me another attacking player and a defensive CM who can pass the ball. Then after Dickie’s departure another CB to replace.
I’d look to get Hanson out & bring Kelly in that would be a massive improvement straight away plus gives us 2 different option in DCM as we saw in the playoff final with Gorrin & Kelly, plus Kelly can also play in the number 8 attacking midfield when he played for Reading

There is now no way we will swap hanson for kelly. Hansons wage (lets pretend is 4k) only counts towards 1.3k in the salary cap until He leaves/has a new contract. Selling him only frees up that 1.3k so if kelly came in on 4k to replace hanson we will then be allocating 4k (an extra 2.7k) of the cap budget.

Update (now with only Dickie not included):

Eastwood
Clare Mous Moore Ruffles
Gorrin
Sykes Brannagan
Henry Taylor Cooper

Subs/Squad: Stevens, Long, Atkinson, Hanson, Hall, Forde, Agyei, (Plus Napa and the kids)
Really coming together now.

11 looks pretty good but the bench needs some more quality in it Forde, Hall, Napa don’t have the qualities of Holland Browne Woodburn which made the difference last season

Still 4/5 short on what’s needed I think, Kelly would be 1 of 2 options needed in CM, another Winger with the qualities of Browne & Holland, Striker to compete with Taylor then possibly Dickies replacement if Findlay still the one we are after if not Atkinson taking the step up, plus if we can get 3/4 out permanently Hanson, Hall or on loan N Jones, Napa both would benefit from a spell on loan Napa to recover from his injury 6 months to a season & Jones to get a season of 1st team football at L2 or conference level

Back
Top Bottom