Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Rob has a year extension and was reported as being back to his best during the build up to the playoffs. I would guess that he will stay and fight for his place, with few established first reamers going out on loan. Hanson even showed that he has a role to play in the playoffs so we may keep more strength in depth.
I'll believe it when I see it

I'll believe it when I see it
I think you forget how good Hall was, before his injury? Hanson has always been a weird one so I do agree with you there. I do however, trust our recruitment team so it would be odd to spunk that amount of money on a player that didn't at least offer, something. Time will tell on him.

I think you forget how good Hall was, before his injury? Hanson has always been a weird one so I do agree with you there. I do however, trust our recruitment team so it would be odd to spunk that amount of money on a player that didn't at least offer, something. Time will tell on him.

your talking about 3 years ago tho I’d agree with you but he’s way past his best now unfortunately no matter what KR says

I think the problem with injuries last season will be in the back of KR's mind, and there may be a role for Hall and Hanson to step up rather than going out on loan.

I think the problem with injuries last season will be in the back of KR's mind, and there may be a role for Hall and Hanson to step up rather than going out on loan.
I agree. Hall is a good player. I think he was rushed back in some games and looked well off pace but maybe that was part of his rehabilitation. However, he showed his quality in the Sunderland game so I would like to see him back in the side.

The only problem though is, along with Hall who’s fitness will be suspect, we have Cooper who’s untried, Sykes and Henry as the wide players in the squad. That, Id say is the full quota, so no room for the likes of Browne, Mcleary, or even Whyte (for us dreamers..) Will those four have what it takes to have us challenging at the top next season?

The only problem though is, along with Hall who’s fitness will be suspect, we have Cooper who’s untried, Sykes and Henry as the wide players in the squad. That, Id say is the full quota, so no room for the likes of Browne, Mcleary, or even Whyte (for us dreamers..) Will those four have what it takes to have us challenging at the top next season?
Plus Anthony Forde if we get a first choice RB in. But I also think that we'll get 2 more wide midfielders or wingers.

I still wouldn’t be surprised to see another decent winger come in, but so far you’ve got Cooper on the left Henry/Sykes on the right or both can play in a attacking midfield 3 then Hall Forde Napa all squad players at best along side them KR already said he’d like Holland & Browne back so its suggest he’s still looking for another winger going off the comments on Gareth Mccleary

I still wouldn’t be surprised to see another decent winger come in, but so far you’ve got Cooper on the left Henry/Sykes on the right or both can play in a attacking midfield 3 then Hall Forde Napa all squad players at best along side them KR already said he’d like Holland & Browne back so its suggest he’s still looking for another winger going off the comments on Gareth Mccleary
It’s a squad game isn’t it, we play a lot with wingers and Forde and Hall are likely to be backups. We need another fast player.

No room for Browne? Lol. I'm pretty sure if Browne were to sign, he would push Cooper down the pecking order; the same way Sykes had to force his way into the team. I would be absolutely flabbergasted if we didn't go for Browne on a permanant and Holland back on loan.

Arent there any wigan players we can pick up on the cheap? Saw peterboro signed their goalie. Similarly we should be looking at the best players from league 2.

Similarly we should be looking at the best players from league 2.

Such as Eoin Doyle for example...? ???

P.S. that was just a dig at the South-West Townships for fun, I absolutely agree with you that we should.

• Haha
Reactions: m
To be fair I think he's had a couple of bad injuries, when we went there on final day last season he was on crutches I think?

MApp wasn't his biggest fan. Days when he threw him under the bus in post match interviews.
I remember seeing a left back for OCFC have his day with him before and I thinking, what have we signed.
But he ran his socks off & bagged those goals for us.

Arent there any wigan players we can pick up on the cheap? Saw peterboro signed their goalie. Similarly we should be looking at the best players from league 2.

I'm certain we're looking at the best players in L2, and probably also the National League (Atkinson in January).

On the other end of the scale I could say "We should be looking at disenfranchised Premier League youngsters we can pick up for a steal, and flog for millions later". So vague, and yet so insightful.

Has the wage cap now kicked in?
If so are the players mentioned on here just a pipe dream, because there is no way we can afford them now.
Taylor’s wages will cut into the wage bill massively and will we now see more signings like Cooper?

I heard Taylor is on a vastly reduced wage when unavailable through injury. Robinson apparently felt that he could have played through some niggling injuries at times and wants to see a bit more desire to get out on the pitch.

If so are the players mentioned on here just a pipe dream, because there is no way we can afford them now.
Taylor’s wages will cut into the wage bill massively and will we now see more signings like Cooper?
The way I understand it, there’s an EFL meeting towards the end if this week, but any deals completed before its agreed don’t count towards the cap? Hence theres going to be a mad scramble for players by everyone in the next few days.

It can't see how they can do, because it is still being talked about and cannot be implemented retrospectively or part way through a window.
To me something like this has to be finalized and officially announced well in advance of a window opening.

Last edited:
The way I understand it, there’s an EFL meeting towards the end if this week, but any deals completed before its agreed don’t count towards the cap? Hence theres going to be a mad scramble for players by everyone in the next few days.
Thanks for the clarification

It can't see how they can do, because it is still being talked about and cannot be implemented retrospectively or part way through a window.
To me something like this has to be finalized and officially announced well in advance of a window opening.
well it is the efl so who knows how and when it will be implemented

Back
Top Bottom