Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Former Luton Town and Kilmarnock full back Stephen O'Donnell is linked again with a move down south to Oxford Utd.
according to the Daily Record.
He and Findlay have done the rounds on social media for the past week. Primarily because we very publicly tried to sign them both over the last year - I remember people scrambling to say Gboly Ariyibi was close to signing after Sky ran a footnote saying we were interested last summer. These things always kick around online as a select few scramble to get their mentions in, just in case it comes off. Bit like shouting heads and tails at the same time so they can claim a win either way. That said, would it be a shock if we revisited O’Donnell? Seeing as we never actually got anyone as an alternative so the void is still there at RB. Certainly wouldn’t be a bolt from the blue.

Findlay would be the more curious one. Final year of his deal so worth half what we offered a year ago, but also left footed and we signed Atkinson in January, while Moore signed last summer after Killie knocked us back and in turn plays off the left despite being a right footer. Unlike O’Donnell, we signed a couple of players in Findlay’s position after missing out. Guess Moore could switch to the right side and then we would have him and Mousinho for one side and Findlay and Atkinson for the other.

Interesting next week or two coming up, for sure. Think this will be a busy thread between now and next Friday...

Last edited:
  • React
Reactions: MJB
He and Findlay have done the rounds on social media for the past week. Primarily because we very publicly tried to sign them both over the last year. Would it be a shock if we revisited?

Findlay is the interesting one. Final year of his deal, so worth half what we offered a year ago, but also left footed and we signed Atkinson in January, and Moore plays off the left despite being a right footer. If he were to turn up, we might suddenly have too many left sided centre halves. Talk about waiting ages for a bus!

Could be a case of moving Moore over, because if I remember correctly Dickie also played left sided with Nelson before moving over the right once Nels left. This could be Moore's "Dickie year" where he goes from being the 2nd best centre back to the leading man at the back.

Also buzzing Matty has returned. You just simply do not turn down a 20 goal striker and especially one who loves the club.

Could be a case of moving Moore over, because if I remember correctly Dickie also played left sided with Nelson before moving over the right once Nels left. This could be Moore's "Dickie year" where he goes from being the 2nd best centre back to the leading man at the back.
Yeah, edited my post as you were sending that. You’re right. Like the idea of Moore and Findlay on paper...

Whichever central defender rocks up after Dickie leaves Faz will make them better.
Don't understimate how much confidence Robinson has given him, especially in terms playing out from the back.
We haven't had a CB like this since Elliott and probably Melville in terms of coming out from the back and playing (loved Purse but he didn't come out much).
4m is certainly realistic and before Lockdown 5-6m.
People quoting 1-2m over the last weeks - sorry but way off even in this climate.
15-20% sell-on

Letting Hylton and Wright walk after we got promoted, because we thought we had better in Thomas and Martin, wasn’t our finest moment. But they were pretty rare missteps in all fairness.

Still hurts though...
Not as big as letting Bulman go.
I liked Wilder a lot but ask him what his mistakes have been as a manager and letting Dannie go when we got promoted was massive

Last edited:
Remember the people on here who said he wasn’t good enough for league 1?

only 25 appearances for Looton in L1 8 goals but include a hat trick 11 championship games no goals. He’s a sub player for looton and no more. Good goal scorer L2 and below but I’m afraid that’s his limit.

only 25 appearances for Looton in L1 8 goals but include a hat trick 11 championship games no goals. He’s a sub player for looton and no more. Good goal scorer L2 and below but I’m afraid that’s his limit.

Exactly this. He hasn’t pulled up trees for Luton in the championship but they use him as a late sub to just run around and help kill the game.

Ha that’s why he’s got a new contract

To be fair I think he's had a couple of bad injuries, when we went there on final day last season he was on crutches I think?

What a fantastic front three we had in the conference...

Edit: Damn! What I should have said was, I didnt realise Midson, Sam Deering and Ryan Taylor all played in the same team together..
8 goals in 25 games in League 1, but he's only good enough for L2 or lower?

Not taking into account he provides a lot more in his game than just goals.

Back
Top Bottom