Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Good for him - an odd move IMO though!

Toney will, you'd imagine, want to move upwards in this country (or maybe Europe).

Good for him - an odd move IMO though!

Toney will, you'd imagine, want to move upwards in this country (or maybe Europe).

I reckon the US would be a lucrative move for him if he went there as I'd assume he'd be one of their more important players.

Sunderland's keeper has signed for Rangers after rejecting a new deal.
Chris Maguire has signed a new contract at Sunderland.

Think Matty Taylor will play the wait and see game, if we go up he is ours, if not he will leave his options open.. He lives i gather at Heyfords with a young family so wont want to go too far with a young family.

I can't imagine that Toney would be that excited about going to play in the footballing backwater that is the US anyway, but that may be the best offer Peterborough get in the current circumstances.

Such a backwater for League One players, playing in front of *looks it up* 17,000 people a week in the US top flight.

But the US is a backwater for football, however much money there is at a particular club

For Premier League players yes, but not third division ones. I'm sure Bradley Wright-Phillips would say the most enjoyable (and profitable) days of his career were playing for the Red Bulls rather than Plymouth or Charlton.

For Premier League players yes, but not third division ones. I'm sure Bradley Wright-Phillips would say the most enjoyable (and profitable) days of his career were playing for the Red Bulls rather than Plymouth or Charlton.
Yes maybe but I’d think he’d want to make more of a name for himself here first

Think Matty Taylor will play the wait and see game, if we go up he is ours, if not he will leave his options open.. He lives i gather at Heyfords with a young family so wont want to go too far with a young family.
Pompey not a bad move then..an hour down the A34.....

Pompey not a bad move then..an hour down the A34.....
Nearly two hours from Heyford to Pompey. Throw in morning rush hour and he might as well sign for Lincoln in the time it would take to get to training.

If he ends up on the south coast it’ll be because there’s a heck of a lot of cash on the table rather than anything to do with convenience.

Nearly two hours from Heyford to Pompey. Throw in morning rush hour and he might as well sign for Lincoln in the time it would take to get to training.

If he ends up on the south coast it’ll be because there’s a heck of a lot of cash on the table rather than anything to do with convenience.
If thats the case then you’ll have to accept that he aint nothin but a gold digger. It would be tough but youd be better off without him. Move on with your head held high.

Matty will do what’s best for him and his family, I don’t really think that club loyalty comes in to nowadays

I really hope he does sign for us, but I don't think he will whether we go up or not. He has to look for a last big pay cheques and that will not materialise at Oxford. With the West Ham lad gone, Browne going back to Middlesbrough, a couple of our top players such as possibly Dickie off, it could well be back to the building up the squad again, as we seem to do each year due to the number of loans we have to rely on.

I really hope he does sign for us, but I don't think he will whether we go up or not. He has to look for a last big pay cheques and that will not materialise at Oxford. With the West Ham lad gone, Browne going back to Middlesbrough, a couple of our top players such as possibly Dickie off, it could well be back to the building up the squad again, as we seem to do each year due to the number of loans we have to rely on.
And the same result build them up, build our hopes up and then sell and dash our hopes.

Back
Top Bottom