Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Not going to reveal that - sorry. All I'll say (which probably isn't very helpful) is that he's a good age, has had a bit of a barren spell in terms of recent appearances but would fit the bill of what KR wants. He's got plenty of experience though and if he made our team could do okay. Wouldn't be a bad signing albeit not in the Mendez-Laing quality bracket.

Of course if we do sign him - I'll claim to be very much itk but won't be able to prove it!
"Has had a bit of a barren spell in terms of recent appearances." Well that certainly fits one of the 3 to 4 criteria the club seems to look for in a player.

Well?

You can't leave that one hanging.

I heard that Brian Talbot lived in a garage.
Denis Smith had a nice house in Cumnor village a few doors down from my primary school. Malcolm Crosby’s daughter Nichola was in the year above me and I thought their house was better still.

We need to sign somebody before this turns into a debate about which manager past or present has the nicest house.

OK, how about which manager would win in a streetfight?

MAPP has the guns.
Robbo has the honey-badger appearance and Scouse madness.
Mark Wright and Brian Talbot probably not worth crossing as well.
Difficult to look past Shotton in terms of sheer durability though.

MAPP has the guns.
Mark Wright would be kicked out in the first round for cheating by bullying.

Denis Smith had a nice house in Cumnor village a few doors down from my primary school. Malcolm Crosby’s daughter Nichola was in the year above me and I thought their house was better still.

I think that Peter Rhodes-Brown used to live near one of my mates on the Taithe Farm estate in Abingdon. We're going back nearly 30 years though.

I don't think I ever knew which house it was though so can't really bring much to the discussion and he obviously wasn't even our manager anyway.

I used to deliver Dean Saunders newspaper! His house was crap and a hand-me-down from John Dreyer before Neil Slatter later moved in!!

MAPP has the guns.
MAurice Evans would win by calling up his friend the chief of police and having the others arrested

The season is here to stay, there will no curtailment, with the testing regime finally introduced and the country running through a vaccination programme the light can be seen at the end of the tunnel, the season will stutter onto a conclusion
My worry is that light may be a train coming the other way!

MAPP has the guns.

Rix would probably pull out a concealed taser at the last second.

Maurice Evans would demand a strict adherence to Queensbury Rules.

Rix would probably pull out a concealed taser at the last second.

Maurice Evans would demand a strict adherence to Queensbury Rules.
I think Brian Horton (out) could be the surprise package here - he's quite lithe and wiry - there may not be much flesh but it's all muscle.

So Robbo now thinks we have pretty much enough strength in depth, which is entirely unsurprising. Certainly doesnt feel like those 4 incoming Scotchers!

So Robbo now thinks we have pretty much enough strength in depth, which is entirely unsurprising. Certainly doesnt feel like those 4 incoming Scotchers!
Nobody REALLY believed there were four incoming, did they? Expect a back-up CB and a winger on loan.
Oh, and Scotcher’s excuses for why he got it wrong.

Back
Top Bottom