Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Whyte has just started following Hull on Instagram today. Make of that what you will.

He also seems to follow some other very interesting accounts.

Attachments

• 64201C56-1639-4A8C-919C-CE9FC84705FF.jpeg
    64201C56-1639-4A8C-919C-CE9FC84705FF.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 95
If apparently we’re after Holland who is the 2nd or probably the 3rd backup, someone must have a scooby

Why not? We have the same budget.
No we don't as there big wages won't be counted , and as they only just came down from Championship will have been tucking away a tidy sum every season so will have a bit more to play with . That and looking very strong to make an instant return which will attract players .

No we don't as there big wages won't be counted , and as they only just came down from Championship will have been tucking away a tidy sum every season so will have a bit more to play with . That and looking very strong to make an instant return which will attract players .

Plus, I would wager that the biggest League One clubs are now structuring their contracts with big escalators
i.e. we can only pay you so much this year because of the salary cap, but if you help get us promoted then we'll pay you three times as much next year. A couple of years ago, Hull were spending about 30m a year on wages when they were in the Championship, a figure we couldn't (or at least shouldn't!) get near to.

Last edited:
They are still under the wage cap so with the players they’ve kept last season who as you say are in big wages anyone signed after the wage cap who are over 21 have to come under the wage cap, I’m not sure if they’re not promoted that they look de the outside the wage cap rule

Seeing as we moved Clare on, you can only imagine we were interested in Whyte, shame to miss out if so

The only slightly odd thing for me about the Whyte to Hull transfer is that they already have Malik Wilks, who's scored 10 goals, been one of the best players in the division and gave Josh Ruffels kittens last month.

Unless he's injured or something, they now appear to have the best two right wings in the league but two fairly mediocre strikers.....

Back
Top Bottom