Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Jack Wilshere. Hahaha people are dreaming right.

I think we will be finishing in a different pond.
Don't get me wrong, it's extremely optimistic! But he needs a club, and with Cam out we need a player who can really drive our midfield. The longer Wilshere stays out of the game, the harder it will be to get back in. A 3 month contract would give him access to proper training facilities and an opportunity to get a dozen or more games under his belt. If he smashes it then he's got a real opportunity of getting a deal in the Championship in January. Does well there and top Championship or lower PL clubs might give him a chance and his career is back on track. Even if he doesn't get a move to a bigger club, he might find the love for football again and see that league 1 is better than many realise. Either way, I can't see him getting too many better options and it might just be worth a call!

I thought it was wonderful when people were suggesting Nathaniel Clyne could be an option, who has since signed for Palace and was starting in the Premier League this weekend, but now we’ve got Jack Wilshere in our sights. Fantastic!

Who’s next? Daniel Sturridge? Mario Mandzukic? Alexandre Pato? Samir Nasri? Frankly I’m furious we registered as many players as we did - we could’ve had the lot of them otherwise. It’s a real kick in the teeth after missing out on Cavani.

Good news though - Zlatan might be available next summer.

Who’s next? Daniel Sturridge? Mario Mandzukic? Alexandre Pato? Samir Nasri? Frankly I’m furious we registered as many players as we did - we could’ve had the lot of them otherwise. It’s a real kick in the teeth after missing out on Cavani.

In fairness, all of them far more likely than Leon Clarke, who now has a contract elsewhere.

Mentioning names on here doesn't mean that they will come or that the club are thinking the same! We're up to nearly 8000 posts and very few are taken seriously so let's not start getting precious now!!

I thought it was wonderful when people were suggesting Nathaniel Clyne could be an option, who has since signed for Palace and was starting in the Premier League this weekend, but now we’ve got Jack Wilshere in our sights. Fantastic!

Has anyone given Ozil a quick buzz? He might fancy a league 1 relegation battle to keep his fitness up. 350k a week for sitting on his ass, or the chance to line up alongside Liam Kelly.

I assume we are still looking to bring someone in even though its all gone very quiet on that front? It would be an odd move to cut Osei from the squad otherwise, especially as KR was complaining about the squad size cap in the OM this morning. Or has KR done it until January as he feels the player needed a bit of a kick up the bum for some reason not necessarily apparent to us on the outside..?

Don't get me wrong, it's extremely optimistic! But he needs a club, and with Cam out we need a player who can really drive our midfield. The longer Wilshere stays out of the game, the harder it will be to get back in. A 3 month contract would give him access to proper training facilities and an opportunity to get a dozen or more games under his belt. If he smashes it then he's got a real opportunity of getting a deal in the Championship in January. Does well there and top Championship or lower PL clubs might give him a chance and his career is back on track. Even if he doesn't get a move to a bigger club, he might find the love for football again and see that league 1 is better than many realise. Either way, I can't see him getting too many better options and it might just be worth a call!
If he’s fit he’s presumably training with someone, a mid ranking London club would be more likely

You live in cloud cookoo land if you think we’ve got any chance of signing wilshere ? not even on one leg would he play in league one and anyway he’s rumoured to be going to the MLS

You've completely f*****g lost it.

Register Osei Yaw ffs. The lad has a load of potential. He knows where the net is, and he might just be our top scorer this pre season/season.

KR needs to off load Hanson, instead of wasting a wage on the treatment table. Then bring someone else in.

You've completely f*****g lost it.
I wouldn’t normally jump to the support of scotchegg but give the guy a break.

Wilshire has already played for lower PL clubs and is now without one so hardly setting the world on fire at that level (for whatever reason) and so it looks likely he will move abroad for the money or maybe career resurrection. MLS has been mentioned but maybe (because of family or other reasons) he may have decided against it and so that leaves championship and below.

IF he wants to play regularly again, playing at a L1 club who do try to play football may not be the worst choice for him with an option to leave if a higher club came calling. Yes scotchegg may be Mr optimistic but it’s only his opinion/suggestion in an open (the last time I read) forum and his view, opinion or suggestion is at least positive – don’t shoot the guy down for positive thinking. We can all hope and dream. And if KR is a bit short I’ll cover the price of his phone call. Million to one against but what if he got lucky and it was that one? Nothing to lose is there?

I assume we are still looking to bring someone in even though its all gone very quiet on that front? It would be an odd move to cut Osei from the squad otherwise, especially as KR was complaining about the squad size cap in the OM this morning. Or has KR done it until January as he feels the player needed a bit of a kick up the bum for some reason not necessarily apparent to us on the outside..?
Correct, a very experienced player and if we get him, he will imho be a significant improvement on the raw, maverick talents of Osei.

Register Osei Yaw ffs. The lad has a load of potential. He knows where the net is, and he might just be our top scorer this pre season/season.

KR needs to off load Hanson, instead of wasting a wage on the treatment table. Then bring someone else in.
He made b****r all impact at Peterborough though

He made b****r all impact at Peterborough though

Peterborough are a strong side. Where as we are a miles away from what we were last season unfortunately.

I’d go as far to say that nobody made an impact in that game. We were all over the place, but we did create a few chances, but they would argue that they should of scored more.

Hey I jokingly mentioned Jack Wiltshire as an option on a pay per play contract
The last bit of my sentence said, he wouldn’t cost us much ... meaning he’s always injured ... so hence he would hardly play lol now people are taking it seriously even on Twitter .... how rumours start....

Back
Top Bottom