Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Browne, Whyte or Holland would be perfect. The second 2 are 100% available and Browne may do late with the Bolasie push. We aren’t getting a centre back with experience, KR said we may go for another young prospect like we did Atkinson last year. I think KR also sees Elechi as Ruffels cover now. Woodburn been linked with Charlton today, we may even move for him. He can play LW & CM.
They can keep Woodburn

I think our transfer deals this year have been a bit of a mess to be honest. Maybe that’s because of COVID-19 and related financial problems, wage cap etc. Perhaps in the long run it’s best for the club if we just go with what we got and hope to stay up. Or have a mid table cruising season. Thus ensuring we actually have a club next year!

We had the now normal (For us) slow cumbersome process of actually bringing anyone in. This started when Tiger took over and continues to be a massive problem. We just aren’t ready to go when the first whistle blows.

If we take last seasons success (and weakness’s) I can’t understand how we’ve found ourselves in such a state.

We lost Fosu, Baptiste, Cadden, Browne, Dickie. I know there are others but these IMO are players of real note. We also had a lack of cover in areas and I think we’ve already paid the price for not having a more structured squad. Of course we have cover with players that can play those positions but, as we have seen, it’s not the same.

Many that we’ve brought don’t seem ready. Taylor aside.
Kelly is a bit of an enigma. Looks good but has yet to actually do anything, one half aside.
Cooper, McGuane, Osei Yaw, Asonganyi look like they might come good but are bit raw. I’ll throw Winnall into that pot too although he has done well in the past.
Claire is not a right back. awful signing so far. We managed to sign a player worse than our cover last season. I think he’ll end up at right wing.

So I really hope we pull a few rabbits out of the hat in the next few hours.

Sky: Charlie Mulgrew is in advanced talks over a loan move to Fleetwood. The Blackburn defender should complete a season-long deal before 5pm.

He would have been exactly what we need, centre back / left back, vast experience. That will only strengthen Fleetwood hugely even if other players learn from him.

Wages would have been our stumbling block had we been in for him in the first place

Sky: Charlie Mulgrew is in advanced talks over a loan move to Fleetwood. The Blackburn defender should complete a season-long deal before 5pm.

He would have been exactly what we need, centre back / left back, vast experience. That will only strengthen Fleetwood hugely even if other players learn from him.

Wages would have been our stumbling block had we been in for him in the first place
And probably the fact that he doesn't have to move house if he signs for Fleetwood.

1legged blind deaf bloke signs for another league 1 team and kip will say it’s an excellent signing!
Not quite :) theres been a lot of rubbish signings but some teams have been very impressive. If we'd signed Curtis Tilt, id have said well done. If we'd signed Charlie Mulgrew, likewise.

A few good signings gong on today so far but alas none this way, I would offer to hold my breath but think I might lose out before 5......

Back
Top Bottom