Transfer targets?

Not according to wiki but I think that’s 6 league goals, whennwe bought him I watched a video of him playing for Dundee and thought wow here we go but tbh was very disappointed. There was one goal that I enjoyed against Rotherham when Johnson did what he was brought in to do playing on the wing going past the Rotherham players and delivering a great cross for Hemmings to tap in and it was almost repeated a short while later.

No offence - but trust me, don't trust the information you pulled from Wikipedia. Go to Rageonline, look at the accurate set of stats, which includes appearances in league and cups, it will give you the right answer.

No offence - but trust me, don't trust the information you pulled from Wikipedia. Go to Rageonline, look at the accurate set of stats, which includes appearances in league and cups, it will give you the right answer.
Don’t matter really he’s not with us no more we’ve moved on but do have equally 2 strikers that are as bad as Hemmings

Hemmings is in the top 10 in league 2 for the chances he is receiving...he is scoring in line with that. He can clearly do it in league 2, however I would take him over smith any time.

Thomas was a decents striker when we had Payne...take Payne out of the equation and Thomas didn’t offer much.

I hope we add agard/Bonne or another loan striker in January (some decent goal scorers in the Everton and West Brom reserves). Limping through with Mackie won’t cut it.

To my mind, we are defensively solid, we have players that are capable of creating...we just need that last piece (I know we could upgrade LB etc). Options are pretty thin when coming to strikers so will have to take a punt on someone unproven

Hemmings is in the top 10 in league 2 for the chances he is receiving...he is scoring in line with that. He can clearly do it in league 2, however I would take him over smith any time.

Thomas was a decents striker when we had Payne...take Payne out of the equation and Thomas didn’t offer much.

I hope we add agard/Bonne or another loan striker in January (some decent goal scorers in the Everton and West Brom reserves). Limping through with Mackie won’t cut it.

To my mind, we are defensively solid, we have players that are capable of creating...we just need that last piece (I know we could upgrade LB etc). Options are pretty thin when coming to strikers so will have to take a punt on someone unproven

3 in 11 not really

I’ve not heard of Bonne but could you see MK letting Agard leave?

I’ve not heard of Bonne but could you see MK letting Agard leave?

Take a look at Bonne for Orient. Would cost but a punt.

Agard and Aneke - both out of contract in the summer, KR took them to MK, but far too good for league 2

Take a look at Bonne for Orient. Would cost but a punt.

Agard and Aneke - both out of contract in the summer, KR took them to MK, but far too good for league 2

Bonne would cost over £1m according to the Orient Chairman if somebody wants him.

Can’t see Orient turning down half that amount, not that I’d expect us to pay that for him. 500K would get you a player proven at a higher level even with ridiculous transfer fees nowadays.

Can’t see Orient turning down half that amount, not that I’d expect us to pay that for him. 500K would get you a player proven at a higher level even with ridiculous transfer fees nowadays.
And Orient wouldn’t get a million in January if his contract is up in the summer so if someone made an offer it would be down to Orient either to accept or see him go for free in the summer

A couple of years ago we had a recruitment dept that most clubs at our level could only dream of. The process has stuttered once or twice of late (after apparently being scrapped completely by Clotet) but they still identified Gav Whyte and also, I assume, recommended Marcus Browne in the summer. It’ll be interesting to see if any more gems have been unearthed, come January..

And Orient wouldn’t get a million in January if his contract is up in the summer so if someone made an offer it would be down to Orient either to accept or see him go for free in the summer

According to Transfermarkt it is; and he’s worth £90K. It’s a great resource for contract details, not so much for fees. However; you’d think they’d have to take what they could get, he’d be unlikely to re-sign, esp if Orient stay down where they belong.

23 years old, 2 international caps for Zim to date.

Getting promotion to the FL will be worth £1m at least with youth funding etc chucked in. I believe the Orient Chairman unless the player agitates for a move (I'm not suggesting that by the way).

Is Agard an improvement on what we've had for the past few years? A striker who has scored goals sporadically and drifts out of games. I'm not sure he's the sort of player to get you into the Championship.

Bonne is contracted until 2020.

Here in lies the problem...who realistically could we get, on a permanent that is proven?

Agard and Aneke look the best bets, however will have a scout in the morning.

My suspicion is that we will be looking at a loan from higher up the ladder, possibly with previous loan experience.

Back
Top Bottom