Transfer targets?

Assuming we stay up I’d hope we’d try and get Christian Doidge. Scored plenty for Forest Green, physical and a clinical finisher. Ideal assuming KR will play a lone striker next season. Obviously wouldn’t be easy and possibly destined for the Chanpionship.

Assuming we stay up I’d hope we’d try and get Christian Doidge. Scored plenty for Forest Green, physical and a clinical finisher. Ideal assuming KR will play a lone striker next season. Obviously wouldn’t be easy and possibly destined for the Chanpionship.
Would getting a FGR player also mean that chef at the 'bird would have to introduce a vegan pre match menu?:rolleyes:

Whoever we get has to be able to fit into KRs system. Hemmings did not fit into MAPPs system.

If as seems likely KR plays one upfront with a couple of attacking midfield players behind, then the 'Number 9' needs to be able to hold the ball up and to score a few goals. Is Doidge this kind of player?

My guess would be that this time next year the team will have 8 or 9 new faces in it. I would be more than happy if the new signings are all complete unknowns (from U23 teams and non-league) but show they can stay fit and play as a team. Two things that have been missing this year. Then keeping that team together next year will be the key.

Having said that, can we have the new John Aldridge please as well?. Thanks very much!

My guess would be that this time next year the team will have 8 or 9 new faces in it. I would be more than happy if the new signings are all complete unknowns (from U23 teams and non-league) but show they can stay fit and play as a team. Two things that have been missing this year. Then keeping that team together next year will be the key.

Having said that, can we have the new John Aldridge please as well?. Thanks very much!
I really doubt those will be the only ones on the shopping list..to be competitive we'll need championship level too but not so past it and crocked as to be a problem

Whoever we get has to be able to fit into KRs system. Hemmings did not fit into MAPPs system.

If as seems likely KR plays one upfront with a couple of attacking midfield players behind, then the 'Number 9' needs to be able to hold the ball up and to score a few goals. Is Doidge this kind of player?
From the little I’ve seen he looks a handful physically who can score every type of goal. I’m sure our recruitment team looked at him last summer but decided against a move. Since then he’s scored 17 goals in a very poor side and with recent injury problems. I also like the look of Mohamed Eisa at Cheltenham but I don’t think he suits playing as a lone striker. Doidge would be my pick from the league two strikers. If we’re looking at players from above our current level then there’s plenty to choose from who have mad the step up recently and not quite flourished.

I wonder, now that it’s been confirmed once and for all, that McAleny only plays his best football when sharing a field with Oxford United players, if we might yet see him sign for us? Especially when he himself would have to admit, it’s not really worked out as planned for him at Fleetwood

I wonder, now that it’s been confirmed once and for all, that McAleny only plays his best football when sharing a field with Oxford United players, if we might yet see him sign for us? Especially when he himself would have to admit, it’s not really worked out as planned for him at Fleetwood

Going on league places, it’s worked out better than staying here to be fair.

Would think his salary and the amount Fleetwood would want for him would make this very difficult.

Going on league places, it’s worked out better than staying here to be fair.

Would think his salary and the amount Fleetwood would want for him would make this very difficult.

Fleetwood lost 75k a week in 2017 along with owing the parent company 21million...however 8million has been written off. Just hang tight and the whole thing will go pop...depending on the depth of the owners pockets!

I can’t see it he chose Fleetwood mainly because they were closer to home. I’m sure a big salary didn’t hurt either, I might be wrong but I think he’s involved in a business based in Liverpool as well so wouldn’t make to much sense to move down here.

Well, we'll see in the summer how exciting the singings turn out to be.

Interesting,y four of the players against Wycombe have ended up in the Championship, Roofe, Lundstram, Wright and most likely Dunkley.
I don’t see how we can plan for next season until we know what league we will be in. Can’t see many championship or Charlton players wanting to come to,us if we get dumped in L2.
Hopefully that won’t happen, but two points from KRs opening four games is simply not good enough.
I expect better, and can think of managers who have had poor starts and then done well. Still recall Brighton 2-8 Bristol R...Brian Cloughs less finer moment
And there was that Man Utd manager who lost his first game and then did quite well lol

From the little I’ve seen he looks a handful physically who can score every type of goal. I’m sure our recruitment team looked at him last summer but decided against a move. Since then he’s scored 17 goals in a very poor side and with recent injury problems. I also like the look of Mohamed Eisa at Cheltenham but I don’t think he suits playing as a lone striker. Doidge would be my pick from the league two strikers. If we’re looking at players from above our current level then there’s plenty to choose from who have mad the step up recently and not quite flourished.

Eisa is a winger iirc, certainly when he played against us at the start of the season.

I'd like to see us get Jordan Graham in on trial for pre-season.

Has anyone ever been talked about so much but done so little as James Roberts, absolutely no chance he will be with us next season and absolutely no chance he will be in league one next season.

I think the thing that annoys everyone to be fair is that we’ve been so poor this season and it wouldn’t have hurt to at least give him a chance, nobody has even seen him play, he may of risen to the occasion and if after 5-7 games he doesn’t produce the goods then so be it, get my point??????

I think the thing that annoys everyone to be fair is that we’ve been so poor this season and it wouldn’t have hurt to at least give him a chance, nobody has even seen him play, he may of risen to the occasion and if after 5-7 games he doesn’t produce the goods then so be it, get my point??????

The club will have watched him in his many loan spells at lower levels where he has struggled, it’s not so much that he hasn’t been given a chance as that he hasn’t taken it, enough managers have decided against him now, when we haven’t had a lot of options in that position to leave me decided that he isn’t good enough. He will be at a non league club next season, if we signed a non league player with his record on this place would go mental, time to just accept he wasn’t up to it.

..especially as the new manager at Guisely basically froze out the two loanees he had in the squad (Roberts and Crook from Forest) as soon as he took over as he wanted to focus on those players who were going to be there the following season. Forest recalled their man, but Faz left Roberts there to rot, rather than bring him back, in the same way he's left Ashby to rot with the youth team, rather than train with the seniors. He may have made the difference up front (he knew where the goal was when he first came into the squad), he may not have done, but as Yellows1 says, at least we'd have known! Guess we'll just be watching how they do elsewhere next season, as we have with Taylor, Fisher and others.

If we are going to revive the U23s/Dev squad next season (and I hope we do), we need to make sure Faz isnt anywhere near it

Back
Top Bottom