Transfer targets?

Ricey

KR said in his post match interview he had already spoken to agents and players about joining next season and they were top players.

Also hearing him speak about Eoin Doyle yesterday, where he said he was the best striker in the league, is this a player we would like to sign? Would Preston allow him to leave permanently?

What other players do you think could be on his radar?

KR said in his post match interview he had already spoken to agents and players about joining next season and they were top players.

Also hearing him speak about Eoin Doyle yesterday, where he said he was the best striker in the league, is this a player we would like to sign? Would Preston allow him to leave permanently?

What other players do you think could be on his radar?

Bet they would if it involved a certain midfielder we have going in the opposite direction.

I think we will get a few Charlton players along with a few of the best of league 1 players.

1 player that I think KR might be able to tempt back is hylton who I actually think would come back if Faz left which I think he will.

I think we will get a few Charlton players along with a few of the best of league 1 players.

1 player that I think KR might be able to tempt back is hylton who I actually think would come back if Faz left which I think he will.

Why if Faz left???

Luton will go up and they’re probably a bigger club so why would he move?

• React
Reactions: MJB
The answer to this will depend on which League we're competing in! Of course, like everyone on here, I'm earnestly hoping we retain our League One status and Eoin Doyle would be a great acquisition (but would he be prepared to move down South); we also desperately need reliable right and left backs.
However, if the worst should happen and we are relegated, there are 2 players turning out for Mansfield who would do a job for us....Alex MacDonald, and Kane Hemmings!

There lies the problem though.. players you need to get you out of lg2 aren’t necessarily the same type of players needed to be successful in lg1. Relegation would mean we would have to go down a different route with our recruitment. As it stands, KR needs to have two different lists of players. Talk of exciting potential targets at this time is pointless I would have thought

There lies the problem though.. players you need to get you out of lg2 aren’t necessarily the same type of players needed to be successful in lg1.

I'm not so sure, this is the team we had out against Wycombe when we got promoted:

Buchel
Kenny
Wright
Dunkley
Ruffels
MacDonald
Sercombe
Lundstram
Maguire
Roofe
Hylton

Substitutes
Slocombe
Mullins
Waring
O'Dowda
Ashby
Bowery
Roberts

Obviously some of those players aren't league 1 standard, but many of them are and have shown that since.

The answer to this will depend on which League we're competing in! Of course, like everyone on here, I'm earnestly hoping we retain our League One status and Eoin Doyle would be a great acquisition (but would he be prepared to move down South); we also desperately need reliable right and left backs.
However, if the worst should happen and we are relegated, there are 2 players turning out for Mansfield who would do a job for us....Alex MacDonald, and Kane Hemmings!
Isn't it funny how players get better when they leave?
MAPP thought Hemmings and McDonald were not good enough for a Promotion team in League 2. We saw how ineffective Hemmings was for us in League games.
WE should be looking for better....

Interesting,y four of the players against Wycombe have ended up in the Championship, Roofe, Lundstram, Wright and most likely Dunkley.
I don’t see how we can plan for next season until we know what league we will be in. Can’t see many championship or Charlton players wanting to come to,us if we get dumped in L2.
Hopefully that won’t happen, but two points from KRs opening four games is simply not good enough.
I expect better, and can think of managers who have had poor starts and then done well. Still recall Brighton 2-8 Bristol R...Brian Cloughs less finer moment

Luton will go up and they’re probably a bigger club so why would he move?

Danny Hylton doesn’t think that way though does he. If we give him a better deal than Luton offer him then he leaves Luton.

Isn't it funny how players get better when they leave?
MAPP thought Hemmings and McDonald were not good enough for a Promotion team in League 2. We saw how ineffective Hemmings was for us in League games.
WE should be looking for better....
Hemmings signed when we were in league 1 and Mcdonald left last year when we were in league 1.

Why would we wish to sign an ageing (29) league 2 striker? Surely we can set our sights on better? No disrespect to Danny, loved him when he was one of ours but, those days are over.

Hasn't really worked out for Matty Taylor at Bristol City...absolute snake, but still. Just sayin'....

Why would we wish to sign an ageing (29) league 2 striker? Surely we can set our sights on better? No disrespect to Danny, loved him when he was one of ours but, those days are over.
I know he would give his all manor but he hasn’t done it higher than L2

So much has to come together to achieve promotion from any division.

Our strongest 11 at any point during the 15/16 season was, in my opinion:

Slocombe
Baldock Mullins Wright Skarz
Graham Lundstram Sercombe O’Dowda
Roofe
Hylton

From that lineup only two are still in league 2 (Hylton and Mullins, although they’re almost certainly going to be promoted), three are in League 1, and six are in the Championship.

We also had the likes of Kenny (Premier League), Maguire, Dunkley, Taylor (all League 1), and MacDonald (League 2)

So it shows just how strong our squad was, and yet we still had periods during the season where we struggled and thought we might no make it. So it shows just how hard achieving promotion can be.

If we go down, it will be very, very unlikely that we’ll come straight back up imo.

I think KR has a list of targets, not 2 because he genuinely believes we will stay in league 1

I also think we will stay up but it will a bit of a squeaky bum and nails down to quick ride.

• React
Reactions: Ian
I think Preston will be back in for Ledson in the Summer, reckon KR thinks the same.

Maybe his praise about Eoin Doyle was first stage in getting him as part of the Ledson transfer?

So am I the only one who didn't think Eoin Doyle was impressive on Saturday?

Back
Top Bottom