Transfer targets?

Each season our manager states they want business done early, we all know and understand that many factors can prevent/hold up a deal.
My concern was reading that another club/s said we can have/loan their player after a pre season tour which whatever you look at it is not ideal for our own preparations..it worries me more when clubs are allowing other players to go out on loan.
The problem as we have seen in the past is that clubs/players change their minds for varying reasons and at this present moment we can debate/give opinion on various statements from the club but also business done to date.
At the end of the day, at the time an opinion is given that's what it remains an opinion, subsequent events will then bring further opinion but it's not about right or wrong as despite what some write we all want the best for our club.

I’ve heard from my mate who works at the Caribbean place near the Cowley plant that Jon Obika ordered 20 salt fish patties to go, because his twin brother is in town.

Make of that what you will.

Not really bothered by this, Jack is yesterday and therefore we need to keep our nerve and see what KR delivers shortly (before the season begins please)

I’ve heard from my mate who works at the Caribbean place near the Cowley plant that Jon Obika ordered 20 salt fish patties to go, because his twin brother is in town.

Make of that what you will.
On last season's performances maybe it was the twin brother who played for us. I assume he's not a footballer which would make that seem all the more likely.

Do you reckon that Matt Godden, Lyle Taylor, Erhun Oztumer, Jack Payne, Hakeeb Adelakun, Gwion Edwards, Jorge Grant, Abu Ogogo and Todd Kane were some of the names on KR wishlist for Tiger?

Do you reckon that Matt Godden, Lyle Taylor, Erhun Oztumer, Jack Payne, Hakeeb Adelakun, Gwion Edwards, Jorge Grant, Abu Ogogo and Todd Kane were some of the names on KR wishlist for Tiger?

Oztumer, Adelakun and Edwards have been gone to Championship clubs permanently so very unlikely we'd have got them if interested. Apparently, both Adelakun and Oztumer both publically talked of wanting to go to the Championship as well.

Based on whom we've signed and how the squad looks I'd be surprised if we were interested in Jack Payne, Jorge Grant (assuming I'm right that he is a no.10) and Abu Ogogo. I'd be surprised if we didn't at least talk to Todd Kane. Others haven't a clue.

Matt Godden, Jorge Grant and Lyle Taylor we definitely were interested in.

Stunned that Grant chose Luton ahead of us but there you go.

It’s all very well having the likes of Lyle Taylor on your exciting wish list back in May but these players are going to have suitors higher up the food chain unfortunately. Maybe this all has more to do with KRs unrealistic expectations than the size of Tigers wallet..?

There's a reason for everything. Wages probably, we probably couldn't compete.
Out of interest is this fact and do we know all of this?
Or is it absolute speculation that:
- we were after him
- he chose Luton ahead of us
- This was due to wages
Probably..

- we were after him
- This was due to wages
Probably..

I can’t see it being a case of wages with the players they already have and their income can’t be a lot different to OUFC

Jerome has said that Sam Smith has scored for Reading against Besiktas tonight. Im just wondering if Reading have played silly buggars over this? It’ll be interesting to listen to Robinson after the game..

- we were after him
- This was due to wages
Probably..

Sorry, thought I had you on ignored, now sorted.
Anyway, just for you;
I never said I was speculating
I never said I knew anything.
I never said we were after him
I never said he had chosen Luton over us
I never said it was 100% down to wages
I was simply, commenting on a post, in a calm, non angry manner. You should try it sometime....TaTa

Back
Top Bottom