Transfer targets?

Oh. It was irony now? Do expand.
In that there was nothing overtly offensive about it, and it was sending up the situation we find ourselves in - no signings of note since Norman - and making positive links with Thailand. I've not even remotely implied in my comment that all Asian names are the same; merely used the name to make the joke that we've signed nobody. Granted you're not likely to find a genuine Thai man called Fu Kin; but we don't have links with other countries, and the joke wouldn't have worked.

To be honest, it was all a bit lazy and a pretty rubbish attempt at humour. Maybe doesn't mean that you are racist etc, but still nothing to be particularly proud of - especially if you are so highly qualified.

I'm amazed it's caused such a stir to be honest - we must be bored. Don't feel its something for people to be particularly unimpressed by either. Some appreciated it for what it was - a joke.

I almost posted a quip about how these non-existent Asian players would have loved playing at the Manor, given the infamous slant but wouldn't want my comment to be misinterpreted. I'm highly qualified, don't possess a racist bone in my body and try not to subscribe to racial stereotypes. Should I ban myself?

With KR’s comments in the Oxford Mail today, does this mean we’re mainly focusing on Premiership loanees players? Hope not as this doesn’t bode well for future sales/income etc.

Just wish I had Eastwood’s visionary!

With KR’s comments in the Oxford Mail today, does this mean we’re mainly focusing on Premiership loanees players? Hope not as this doesn’t bode well for future sales/income etc.

I suspect so given the previous excuse was Arsenal changing manager.

Im just waiting for the next set of excuses- leaves on the line stopping a signing arriving, signings dog ate his kids homework, signing had a pigeon in his bank account. Etc.

I suspect as he talks about higher level clubs it will include a number of permanent signings from Championship clubs and maybe the odd player like Ryan Ledson and Cam Brannagan from the PL.

No doubt there will be a few Premier Lg loans under consideration as well (including the Arsenal one).

This sounds like there is no money available to buy the players we need IMO, deals like Carruthers for example should be tied up by now, if it was ever really on the cards.
Early statements about getting everything tied up early, KR joking with Tiger about the costs etc, has really all changed and now all we seem to be looking at are loans.

This sounds like there is no money available to buy the players we need IMO, deals like Carruthers for example should be tied up by now, if it was ever really on the cards.
Early statements about getting everything tied up early, KR joking with Tiger about the costs etc, has really all changed and now all we seem to be looking at are loans.

No it doesn't.

It sounds like transfers are being held up by the world cup (as we expected) and the new transfer window rules (as we expected). We hadn't signed anyone by this point last season.

We have a manager and chairman who have their transfer targets sorted and know who they want and how much they cost. Deals are already agreed in principle.

Get some perspective.

No it doesn't.

It sounds like transfers are being held up by the world cup (as we expected) and the new transfer window rules (as we expected). We hadn't signed anyone by this point last season.

We have a manager and chairman who have their transfer targets sorted and know who they want and how much they cost. Deals are already agreed in principle.

Get some perspective.
Appreciate what your saying but I think the question is are the targets we’re after all at the World Cup or are they at home watching, you would think players wilful want their futures sorted.

Appreciate what your saying but I think the question is are the targets we’re after all at the World Cup or are they at home watching, you would think players wilful want their futures sorted.
would you jump at the first offer you received?

I suspect so given the previous excuse was Arsenal changing manager.

Im just waiting for the next set of excuses- leaves on the line stopping a signing arriving, signings dog ate his kids homework, signing had a pigeon in his bank account. Etc.
Oh, Ha ha ha You are a real wag, aren’t you?

There are clubs involved as well Bazzer, not just the players who I assume are under contract hence KR's comments. These clubs are themselves waiting for players so won't sanction the sale until their squad is sorted, hence the reference to the World Cup.

But if they’re out of contract it’s up to the players not the clubs

That's if we're signing out of contract players which may be unlikely if we have reverted to targeting younger talent. Even Todd Kane had a year left on his Chelsea contract.

There are clubs involved as well Bazzer, not just the players who I assume are under contract hence KR's comments. These clubs are themselves waiting for players so won't sanction the sale until their squad is sorted, hence the reference to the World Cup.
So all the players we’re looking at are all in n contract? And with the final on the 15th July just under 3 weeks before the season starts plus we would have had 4 pre season friendlies by then.

That's if we're signing out of contract players which may be unlikely if we have reverted to targeting younger talent. Even Todd Kane had a year left on his Chelsea contract.
So a minimum 10 players due to come in and you’re suggesting they will all command fees as the will all be under contract. But if it were true and they are all purchasss then that would show true commitment but exactly how much?

So all the players we’re looking at are all in n contract? And with the final on the 15th July just under 3 weeks before the season starts plus we would have had 4 pre season friendlies by then.

Possible they are. There may be a few out of contract in discussion as well but the players are taking their time making a decision as pre-season hasn't started (just like every other season).

Back
Top Bottom