Transfer targets?

Ha ha. This is genuinely funny. Fans of distressed League 1 club with two wins from 15 in the calendar year to date and battling relegation to the basement gunning for the international who destroyed Man City's hopes of the clean sweep.
Just imagine the chat with Griggs' agent. 'Does Will fancy a substantial wage cut to gorge himself off the stream of chances created by the all conquering side that he smashed 7-0 a few weeks ago?'
Be still my sides.....

Your knowledge of player negotiations and how football works has been shown to be limited at best in recent months so mocking a poster who IMO is entitled to say what he has is a bit rich.

Footballers naturally know their level and what league they are suited to so that they can always ask for a good contract when needed (hylton being the prime example).

Your knowledge of player negotiations and how football works has been shown to be limited at best in recent months so mocking a poster who IMO is entitled to say what he has is a bit rich.

Footballers naturally know their level and what league they are suited to so that they can always ask for a good contract when needed (hylton being the prime example).
Also it wouldn't be the same s**t side that lost 7-0 to Wigan,it would be sold as a side going for promotion to the championship,if we survive this season.

Weren’t u one of the people claiming we were clearly going for it this season with the signings we were making ??

The point I made, Dave, was that if you signed a bunch of ageing crocks and loanees then you clearly were not 'building something' as you claimed at the time. And if you are not building something (we were not, mate) ergo it has to be short term that was being looked at.
You can look long, long and hard for me praising the signings of Xemi, Tiendalli, Gino and Jack Payne but you won't find it. What you will find, somewhere, is an impassioned argument that if we were going to have a one-off un-strategic whirl of the bat at success we had to sign a proper striker.
Got that all wrong, didn't I? Whereas you were spot on with your 'optimistic' chatter (aka nonsense) about giving Pep two seasons to 'build something' with a bunch of players in their mid 30s.
Just sayin'!

Go on then, point me to the post I said give pep two seasons to build something [emoji23]

Optimistic chatter- aka nonsense !

Do Tell me again about this amazing new stadium at water Eaton

Are there any players at MK (relegation looming) that played under Robinson?

Are there any players at MK (relegation looming) that played under Robinson?
If they are going to be relegated would we not be replacing like for like? No thanks

Doesn’t work like that does it. Or does our squad have no good players in it that people would want if we got relegated. Like Nelson hall Eastwood rothwell Ledson

• React
Reactions: Ian
Doesn’t work like that does it. Or does our squad have no good players in it that people would want if we got relegated. Like Nelson hall Eastwood rothwell Ledson
I would hope this club would go all Out to keep those players but if not hopefully we would set our sights higher than players from anrelegated side, even Agard whoay score goals but didn’t keep them from relegation that’s if they are ( hope they are )

Actually I have been recently visiting the old forum and looking at the posts there from the start of this season. I didn't see many people happy with the signings or the chnage in polcy, in fact I think many of the fans had grave doubts over the quality and type of players we were signing then. It took no special genius to spot something was wrong or at best very chancy. Heck there was a thread that stretched for many pages called "Anyone else worried". Now us being football fans by the time the season started we talked ourselves up into being optimistic (whats the point if you don't) but i know a lot of us had doubts.

The important thing is that this is all history. I am not sure what new we are learning from continually raking this up. DE when pared with others did start off well for us. In the last year his tenure was a disaster. He's not the first when money gets tight to put his needs before the club and probably knowing football and our luck won't be the last. Personally I still have reservations over Tiger and will do until we find out just how these big plans are being financed.

I see little point in some of the aggressive attacks on here recently. I think many of us have seen through DE this last year, and he generates little in the way of support any more. I also think a lot of us are still very wary of Tiger. But some want to see the sunny side of things (and after this season I admire their ability to see the cup half full). That's fine as long as we don't forget to keep an open mind, and keep asking about the money until we are all happy and the doubts are largely put to rest. I think if DE and IL and others before them have taught us anything is that we must always be wary of the clubs owners and always strive to get the truth, and we must be mindfull that just because an owner is great now he might not be further dwn the road when the shine of owning a club wears off and the bills start to pile up.

As for the transfers all this talk of big transfer targets and an exciting next year are great, but at the moment unless we can get to safety I guess they are largely pointless. I am hoping that we have a solid plan B for if we get relegated because I think we all can guess that if that happens our targets will have to be reset a bit (or a lot).

Last edited:
I would hope this club would go all Out to keep those players but if not hopefully we would set our sights higher than players from anrelegated side, even Agard whoay score goals but didn’t keep them from relegation that’s if they are ( hope they are )

So if we are relegated we will go all out to keep players who have relegated us, but set our sights higher than players who have relegated other teams? Erm, yeah.

Not every player who plays in a relegated team is s**t, Harry Maguire has been good for Leicester this season, he got relegated with Hull last year, him going to the World Cup shows the massive, gaping holes in your logic.

Not saying we will pick up anyone from the teams who go down, but can a team who have will at best just stayed up afford to be that precious? Good players play in poor teams, you just have to have a manager who can pick them out.

A

And yet it is amazing how those signings were lauded at the time as a sign of 'great ambition', and Pep's appointment declared (yet another) mystical sign of DE's great genius. 'Best chairman we've ever had, I tell ya!'
It was all onwards and upwards. The old model was defunct. Ridiculous! We could now sign players from Barcelona we were so great. And we were paying 800k for Marco van Basten. Or, rather, paying nothing for Gino van Kessel.
Hopefully some supporters who should have known better will be able to view events going forward with a slightly calmer, more rational view rather than being fooled by smoke and mirrors.
Robinson may or may not be a great manager, but - to my intense relief - the thick smog of bullshit that has been hanging over the club seems unlikely to persist with him around. He carries a sense of real world perspective that has been sorely lacking in the Alice in Wonderland era we have been living in. Inasmuch as Tiger has said/done anything, it has also been refreshingly detail orientated and bottom up, rather than grandstanding and self-congratulatory.
If the financing is in place and sufficient then (if they can dig us out of the hole we are in over the next few weeks) that sort of honesty and endeavour can start to rebuild something solid, in place of the farcical Potemkin village the club had become before they came in.

How do you think this season's budget compared with last season's?

Do you believe we have a top 4 budget?

So if we are relegated we will go all out to keep players who have relegated us, but set our sights higher than players who have relegated other teams? Erm, yeah.

Not every player who plays in a relegated team is s**t, Harry Maguire has been good for Leicester this season, he got relegated with Hull last year, him going to the World Cup shows the massive, gaping holes in your logic.

Not saying we will pick up anyone from the teams who go down, but can a team who have will at best just stayed up afford to be that precious? Good players play in poor teams, you just have to have a manager who can pick them out.

I’m on about Easty, Lego, Rothwell, Brannigan,Dickie and try and get Kanebut the rest thanks but goodbye.

Hang on, what about Henry Nelson and Hall 3 of the best you get at league 1 level.

Forgot about Nelson and Hall haven’t seen them much so with my age and a possibility of dementia, “ what was I on about” ah yes forgot them 3 but that’s it and please don’t come back at me with somebody else

Given Robinson's stated intention of playing with Wingers, it might well be worth retaining Kane Hemmings....and playing to his strengths. His strike rate in League 1 was very much down to the role and way in which he was required to play, and lack of supply.
Possible but can’t see it somehow

Forgot about Nelson and Hall haven’t seen them much so with my age and a possibility of dementia, “ what was I on about” ah yes forgot them 3 but that’s it and please don’t come back at me with somebody else
Oh nobody else worth fighting to keep.

If we kept them players Robinson has a solid core to a promotion chasing team.

Eastwood
Kane Nelson Dickie New LB
Rothwell Ledson Brannagan
Hall New ST New LW

Realty is though no matter what division we're in i see us losing 1 or 2 of those players atleast.

Bench players like Ruffels and Napa aswell.

Oh nobody else worth fighting to keep.

If we kept them players Robinson has a solid core to a promotion chasing team.

Eastwood
Kane Nelson Dickie New LB
Rothwell Ledson Brannagan
Hall New ST New LW

Realty is though no matter what division we're in i see us losing 1 or 2 of those players atleast.

Bench players like Ruffels and Napa aswell.

Like you say a core of players to work with and a core
Of players who hopefully will be a good enough reason for quality to Join us. I didn’t include Napa because technically he is still youth and yes you mention Ruffs adeqauate enough to keep but that will be it for the main core of first teamers.

Back
Top Bottom