Transfer targets?

So am I the only one who didn't think Eoin Doyle was impressive on Saturday?
He wasn't, but then I thought our defense (mostly Dickie) did a good job in keeping him quiet. I also thought Oldham fell into the 'give it to the goalscorer' mental trap, rather than trying to create opportunities for him.

Saturday no- but then hardly any of the 22 were.

His record at this level speaks for its self though, like with our striker he can only score with service. He seems to be running the channels more than being the focal striker Saturday

No you’re not alone Dickie nullified him well but it was there to see why he is a good player

These transfer targets are good value, under a tenner !:sneaky:

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 11
He wasn't, but then I thought our defense (mostly Dickie) did a good job in keeping him quiet. I also thought Oldham fell into the 'give it to the goalscorer' mental trap, rather than trying to create opportunities for him.
We didn't give him a kick, so well done us. He seemed like one of those strikers you don't see till he pops up with a goal.

Working in Leeds earlier. Taxi driver said we can have Roofe back any time we want. Didn't rate him at all!

Working in Leeds earlier. Taxi driver said we can have Roofe back any time we want. Didn't rate him at all!

Leeds fans liked Clotet. Clearly they know nothing!

I do hope we maintain the policy that we've had under Appleton of signing young players to sell on. It works, bolsters the coffers and if you invest the funds well it can be a constant source of revenue (our most recent accounts showed a profit).

Obviously we need to mix that with experienced pros and informed decisions on players too so we don't end up with the horrendous squad imbalance we've seen this year nor build a team around a loanee who can be recalled at any moment (a la Jack Payne). I trust KR to make more a more informed series of signings unlike the knobhead that preceded him.

A
Leeds fans liked Clotet. Clearly they know nothing!

I do hope we maintain the policy that we've had under Appleton of signing young players to sell on. It works, bolsters the coffers and if you invest the funds well it can be a constant source of revenue (our most recent accounts showed a profit).

Obviously we need to mix that with experienced pros and informed decisions on players too so we don't end up with the horrendous squad imbalance we've seen this year nor build a team around a loanee who can be recalled at any moment (a la Jack Payne). I trust KR to make more a more informed series of signings unlike the knobhead that preceded him.
And yet it is amazing how those signings were lauded at the time as a sign of 'great ambition', and Pep's appointment declared (yet another) mystical sign of DE's great genius. 'Best chairman we've ever had, I tell ya!'
It was all onwards and upwards. The old model was defunct. Ridiculous! We could now sign players from Barcelona we were so great. And we were paying 800k for Marco van Basten. Or, rather, paying nothing for Gino van Kessel.
Hopefully some supporters who should have known better will be able to view events going forward with a slightly calmer, more rational view rather than being fooled by smoke and mirrors.
Robinson may or may not be a great manager, but - to my intense relief - the thick smog of bullshit that has been hanging over the club seems unlikely to persist with him around. He carries a sense of real world perspective that has been sorely lacking in the Alice in Wonderland era we have been living in. Inasmuch as Tiger has said/done anything, it has also been refreshingly detail orientated and bottom up, rather than grandstanding and self-congratulatory.
If the financing is in place and sufficient then (if they can dig us out of the hole we are in over the next few weeks) that sort of honesty and endeavour can start to rebuild something solid, in place of the farcical Potemkin village the club had become before they came in.

A

And yet it is amazing how those signings were lauded at the time as a sign of 'great ambition', and Pep's appointment declared (yet another) mystical sign of DE's great genius. 'Best chairman we've ever had, I tell ya!'
It was all onwards and upwards. The old model was defunct. Ridiculous! We could now sign players from Barcelona we were so great. And we were paying 800k for Marco van Basten. Or, rather, paying nothing for Gino van Kessel.
Hopefully some supporters who should have known better will be able to view events going forward with a slightly calmer, more rational view rather than being fooled by smoke and mirrors.
Robinson may or may not be a great manager, but - to my intense relief - the thick smog of bullshit that has been hanging over the club seems unlikely to persist with him around. He carries a sense of real world perspective that has been sorely lacking in the Alice in Wonderland era we have been living in. Inasmuch as Tiger has said/done anything, it has also been refreshingly detail orientated and bottom up, rather than grandstanding and self-congratulatory.
If the financing is in place and sufficient then (if they can dig us out of the hole we are in over the next few weeks) that sort of honesty and endeavour can start to rebuild something solid, in place of the farcical Potemkin village the club had become before they came in.

oh dear, I swear to god you won't be happy with anything about OUFC unless you are involved in some way, i understand your frustration with the Sartori bid being rejected . but it is what it is, annoying as that saying is! Tiger might be good for us or maybe not C'est la vie !:)

Just pointing out, that even those who claim to know everything are sometimes wrong, it wasn’t that long ago we were being told that the old model was being brought in by the evil Ashton and eales, now it’s used as a bench mark of what we should be aiming for.

For me, if we sign 4/5 in the same model as they two tiger already has. (Branagan and dickie). And 3/4 more experienced at this level but not so over the hill like Williamson they can hardly feature. While keeping the majority of our better players, then I think we will be in a good position to challenge. Good to hear we’re already in discussions with some

Didn't Robinson work with Grigg at MK Dons? Didn't really work out for him with Wigan in the Championship last season, but has had 2 great seasons in league one with them on either side of it... any chance they'll see him as a L1 level striker and let him go?

Weren’t u one of the people claiming we were clearly going for it this season with the signings we were making ??

The point I made, Dave, was that if you signed a bunch of ageing crocks and loanees then you clearly were not 'building something' as you claimed at the time. And if you are not building something (we were not, mate) ergo it has to be short term that was being looked at.
You can look long, long and hard for me praising the signings of Xemi, Tiendalli, Gino and Jack Payne but you won't find it. What you will find, somewhere, is an impassioned argument that if we were going to have a one-off un-strategic whirl of the bat at success we had to sign a proper striker.
Got that all wrong, didn't I? Whereas you were spot on with your 'optimistic' chatter (aka nonsense) about giving Pep two seasons to 'build something' with a bunch of players in their mid 30s.
Just sayin'!

Didn't Robinson work with Grigg at MK Dons? Didn't really work out for him with Wigan in the Championship last season, but has had 2 great seasons in league one with them on either side of it... any chance they'll see him as a L1 level striker and let him go?

Ha ha. This is genuinely funny. Fans of distressed League 1 club with two wins from 15 in the calendar year to date and battling relegation to the basement gunning for the international who destroyed Man City's hopes of the clean sweep.
Just imagine the chat with Griggs' agent. 'Does Will fancy a substantial wage cut to gorge himself off the stream of chances created by the all conquering side that he smashed 7-0 a few weeks ago?'
Be still my sides.....

Back
Top Bottom