Transfer targets?

Stats & schmizzle, smoke & mirrors.

We don`t have a player (let alone 2 or 3 ) that look like goal scorers.

Create all you like................ if there isn`t that natural poacher there or thereabouts they aren`t going in.

Watching football is so last millenium, mate. Stats are the future and, by the look of them, so's relegation unless we start scoring regularly,

Last edited:
YOU can quickly see how limited the choice is...

If you just put English players to narrow the search, then the top six are:
Darren Bent (Age 34), who left Derby in the summer
Gabby Agbonlahour (age 32) who left Villa in the summer
the running-averse Jay Emmanuel Thomas (27)
Michael Higdon (35) who has only played league football (Bangor in Wales) for 6 months over teh last two seasons......
Steve Davis (30) who left Rochdale in the summer
and Nicky Maynard (31) who we are talking to

Back to the main list and the odd familiar name pops up, but not much:
Yann Kermorgant (36) who left Reading in the summer
Shola Ameobi (36) who left Notts County in the summer
Jean Louis Akpa Akpro (33) who left Barnet in the summer
Leon Best (31) who left Ipswich in 2017 and is out until Christmas through injury
DExter Blackstock who as far as I'm aware has not played anywhere since leavign Rotherham in 2017
and some chap called Agon Mehmeti

Create all you like................ if there isn`t that natural poacher there or thereabouts they aren`t going in.

Apologies for attempting to bring some reasoning to the table.

YOU can quickly see how limited the choice is...

If you just put English players to narrow the search, then the top six are:
Darren Bent (Age 34), who left Derby in the summer
Gabby Agbonlahour (age 32) who left Villa in the summer
the running-averse Jay Emmanuel Thomas (27)
Michael Higdon (35) who has only played league football (Bangor in Wales) for 6 months over teh last two seasons......
Steve Davis (30) who left Rochdale in the summer
and Nicky Maynard (31) who we are talking to

Back to the main list and the odd familiar name pops up, but not much:
Yann Kermorgant (36) who left Reading in the summer
Shola Ameobi (36) who left Notts County in the summer
Jean Louis Akpa Akpro (33) who left Barnet in the summer
Leon Best (31) who left Ipswich in 2017 and is out until Christmas through injury
DExter Blackstock who as far as I'm aware has not played anywhere since leavign Rotherham in 2017
and some chap called Agon Mehmeti
Ive heard Jay Emanuel Thomas is the striker who refused to run in the medical In the summer.

Well previous to our last game where after which it was largely concluded we can't score, we scored 13 goals in 6 games. The players who scored those goals certainly looked like goal scorers to me, particularly when they were scoring the goals.

When he was told to jog on after coming to the club, he walked on because no one tells him to run. Apparently

Well previous to our last game where after which it was largely concluded we can't score, we scored 13 goals in 6 games. The players who scored those goals certainly looked like goal scorers to me, particularly when they were scoring the goals.

We aren`t scoring enough of the created chances. We lack a goal scorer/striker/target man call it what you like.
We need someone who can stick away 20+ goals a season as well as work to create chances for the other attacking players.

I think this could be time for the kids, not necessarily the wide/support players yet (Little, Napa etc), we've got enough of those, but do wonder whether one of BRadbury or Noel-williams could work as a target - shame we haven't held on to one or two of the slightly older lads that came through a year or two back (eg Jordan Graham, who is a CF and is the first team squad at MAsnfield this season).
Incidentally, I still dont get why Stevens is still waiting to make his OUFC debut

Back
Top Bottom