Transfer targets?

Wow. Am I the only one to have picked up from this article the apparent discord between KR and Robinson?

KR: “I have my own views on this that I’ll keep internal, but I know he’d score goals."

KR: “Tiger’s words on Sunday were ‘we’re going to have to do something with the group we’ve got’."
I wonder what other area of the team he sees as more pressing! Left back is the only one that comes close.

Wow. Am I the only one to have picked up from this article the apparent discord between KR and Robinson?

KR: “I have my own views on this that I’ll keep internal, but I know he’d score goals."

KR: “Tiger’s words on Sunday were ‘we’re going to have to do something with the group we’ve got’."

well he hasn’t done that for the past 6 years since his Bristol City days so what makes KR think that, he had him at MK Dons & hardly scored there in 66 apps 8 goals in the Championship & League 1 we’ve already got 3 strikers who don’t look much of a goal threat he’s recruited so far

"Robinson, United's head coach, said: "He’s got other options at this moment and we already have three strikers so we are loaded in that area.

"I think there are more pressing issues in the team than that position. That’s where we sit right now.

"I think there are other areas where our money could be better spent.""

What! Who are these three strikers - we have three people who hang around near the goal without scoring many (or looking like they might). As ljs says, what other areas are more important - as Tiger might say 'WOW'.

I saw this. Looks like KR wanted to sign him, as he saw him scoring goals, but tiger seems to tell him to get on with the job in hand, with what he has.
I did like the comment "we already have three strikers so we are loaded in that area." That seems to contravene the Trades Description Act, calling them strikers.

I wonder what other area of the team he sees as more pressing! Left back is the only one that comes close.
I’d worry about the lack of creativity in the side weather that’s central midfield or our front 4, in the games against Barnsley, Fleetwood, Portsmouth & Coventry we have struggled to create enough chance for our forward players 2 chances in a game isn’t going to win you games,

Concerning article.

-That anyone thinks our striking situation is in any way adequate.
- That far from hitting our original targets (Godden, Taylor) we cannot even scrape the barrel.
-were back to the old "focus on January" yarn. Where we are likely to be bottom half (at best) with limited funds and not too attractive option.

A parting of ways relatively soon would not be a surprise.

This is, again, questionable PR from Robbo... If you've been told to make do, why not just back what you have, in Obika, Smith and Mackie (yes... I know)... Instead of adding the caveat that you thought Maynard could score goals or that you disagreed with Tiger... He does have a flappy jaw does Robinson. Fool to himself.

"Robinson, United's head coach, said: "He’s got other options at this moment and we already have three strikers so we are loaded in that area.

"I think there are more pressing issues in the team than that position. That’s where we sit right now.

"I think there are other areas where our money could be better spent.""

What! Who are these three strikers - we have three people who hang around near the goal without scoring many (or looking like they might). As ljs says, what other areas are more important - as Tiger might say 'WOW'.
What planet is KR on? Who is going to go first KR or Theresa May they have both lost all contact with reality. Maybe they should move in together.

I wish some of our supporters would actually show some knowledge about football. On Sunday it was poor defending that cost us as it was against Fleetwood and Accrington. At least 3 own goals and at least that many penalties. I see most of our goals coming from Holmes Whyte Brown and Henry to be honest. I would love to see a striker scoring 20 goals but there aren’t many available at present and I don’t see Maynard being 1 of them.

Jesus, no only has he problems with the chairman but he's schizophrenic as well...we are truly doomed!

Fairly clear that the "loaded with strikers" comment was borrowed from Tiger and that Robinson wanted to sign Maynard. But Tiger is the money man and he either doesn't want to spend more money at this time, or can't. The alternative is that he truly believes we'll make do until January and then better options will become available.

When Carruthers is back, assuming no other injuries, I can see us putting out a team with no strikers as we'll have so many good attack-minded midfielders/wingers.

I actually agree with Tiger on this. Robinson had all summer to get in the striker/s he needed. Bringing in out of contract players now smacks a bit of desperation to me. It’s not as though we even have injuries in that department. I think that is what Tiger is pointing out.

I also agree with Tiger. KR waited around all summer for Smith and he has proved to be a disappointment so far. I hope he improves but he doesnt look like he can play the lone striker/target man role. He may suit playing in a 2 but KR looks reluctant to change the system.

Completely agree - it would appear that all is not sweetness and light there any more. From his comments, you can only assume that he definitely wanted Maynard and was told no. From the second line, it would seem that he has been told to prove that he can achieve something with what he has already been given and no more money until he has...and perhaps if he doesn't...

Also tiger may have said there will be better out there in January so not now.

I wish some of our supporters would actually show some knowledge about football. On Sunday it was poor defending that cost us as it was against Fleetwood and Accrington. At least 3 own goals and at least that many penalties. I see most of our goals coming from Holmes Whyte Brown and Henry to be honest. I would love to see a striker scoring 20 goals but there aren’t many available at present and I don’t see Maynard being 1 of them.
But KR's football knowledge does see Maynard scoring goals...

We have 3 creative players, 4 with Whyte, who can create and score goals, but a centre forward who could get to double figures, not 20, would be a great help.

I don't think Maynard appeared the answer to that though.

On defending, the unlucky mistake argument can only be used for so long, until the mistakes are symptomatic of some other reason.

No one is saying we haven’t signed Maynard because there is no money. My opinion is Tiger didn’t want to offer a deal to Maynard because he is crap. I am sure that if there was a super fit, young striker with an excellent league one scoring record available Tiger would release the funds.

I am with Tiger on this and it’s very poor of KR to go public especially given his precarious position right now.

Back
Top Bottom