Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
So one minute we are being told these good players are coming in to the club on around £3k plus a week, it keeps the status qua of the squad and falls in with budgetary restraints, then we need to get a striker in at any costs.

Personally I think they should of paid more attention to the defence that's shipping a lot of goals at the moment, but we do have all the attacking players in now to outscore team, what can go wrong.
Shipped goals... we let in 4 against Burton, other than that we have hardly conceded from open play. Swap out Mous for Moore (as should have happened earlier) and the defence is fine.

We have though, struggled to score goals, so a striker, or two, was definitely needed.

Edit. Do I need to write 'dear' in every post on this thread?

Last edited:
Opinions are there to be challenged. There is no agenda in pointing out that our defence has been very good for 4 of the 5 games we've played. Burton was a bad day at the office, but to use that as an example of our season to date is, in my opinion, wrong. That doesn't gloss over the issues from Tuesday (which were wide spread and not just down to the defence) but offers a little perspective on where we are.

i was referring to it being suggested that Londonroader has an Agenda when he has just given an opinion, challenge it fine but there does not have to be an Agenda when giving opinions.

Shipped goals... we let in 4 against Burton, other than that we have hardly conceded from open play. Swap out Mous for Moore (as should have happened earlier) and the defence is fine.

We have though, struggled to score goals, so a striker, or two, was definitely needed.

Edit. Do I need to write 'dear' in every post on this thread?
But that is the point, we haven’t changed the defence Cadden apart, they were not good enough last season and we have been done by set pieces twice in both loses, I’m not say if Moore was in he would of stopped those goals but he looked solid in the league cup.

But that is the point, we haven’t changed the defence Cadden apart, they were not good enough last season and we have been done by set pieces twice in both loses, I’m not say if Moore was in he would of stopped those goals but he looked solid in the league cup.
He did, and in my opinion should have then gone straight into the league team.

A defence of Cadden, Dickie, Moore and Ruffels is a decent L1 defence.
With Dickie now playing on his preferred side its almost like a upgrade of three players from the defence that did very well at the end of last season.

He did, and in my opinion should have then gone straight into the league team.

A defence of Cadden, Dickie, Moore and Ruffels is a decent L1 defence.
With Dickie now playing on his preferred side its almost like a upgrade of three players from the defence that did very well at the end of last season.
The point about Dickie is very true. He's a much better player than Nelson, as good as Nelson was. While I'm not an advocate of central defenders running a long way with the ball, Dickie seems to do this relatively easily compared to Nelson who would frequently give the ball away. And what an assist on Tuesday night. The guy's a top defender and I think the partnership with Moore could be immense.

I think you’ve replied to the wrong post as I don’t think I mention anything to do with Whyte?

But it wasn’t those who were ITK who said we didn’t need to sell Whyte to bring in players. It was KR himself. In fact there were offers accepted by clubs for players beforehand. Although it is a bit of a coincidence that we’re struggling and then all of a sudden Whyte is sold and players are signed just days afterward.
I largely agree with you. But one particular ITK insisted we didn't need to sell Whyte to fund some of these other transfers. That's really the point I was making.

Going off subject a bit but does anyone else still feel positive about this season, I certainly am, it will take us 10/15 games to gel and with the new striker plus the guy from Derby coming in we’ll be okay, plus when Matty settles in and starts firing on all cylinders, there really are some idiots on F/book! - So negative,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom