Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! can we close this thread now. I don't think I've been back a forth through one thread on a forum as much as this. one.

We can start again in December/January.

I can still see the mccleary deal going through with increased revenue generated from bigger crowds due to the signings and hopefully us being near the top of the league, plus player sales and wages freed up holmes/carruthers/garbutt/smith/whyte/browne,kashi

We really need to get Fosu and Agyei fit. Without them we're still a good team but a bit one-paced. If they're playing, it means Rob Hall is out of the team and he can fully concentrate on getting back up to speed.

Berkoe has pace to burn and could easily play in front of JR if needed.
Why loan Hanson out and bring in Thorne? Bit pointless imo

I can understand fans worrying about us signing or not signing players. Nobody....nobody not even KR was confident and happy with how things were going. We we certainly missing out on targets because KR came out and said so himself. The start of the season was looming fast before we really made any progress. Just shows how good our recruitment has become if we can go down the list and still bring in who we have.
But really, let’s not start worrying about what might happen when Tiger et al move on.

Just enjoy it whilst it lasts.
Well Tiger recently said the sale of Whyte allowed us to bring in some of these players, contrary to what others ITK had said. So I think that became a necessity when it was clear we were struggling in the transfer market.

I had no problem with selling a key player if it meant adding to the squad. That’s the model after all. The price he went for is what I still struggle with, but I’ll get over it. The reality was we hadn’t benefited from the big income from a key player sale for a couple of seasons and that really hurts financially. Tigers hand was probably forced and its hard to be totally critical of his decision on that basis. Only the communication, which has improved since then too.

Well Tiger recently said the sale of Whyte allowed us to bring in some of these players, contrary to what others ITK had said. So I think that became a necessity when it was clear we were struggling in the transfer market.

I had no problem with selling a key player if it meant adding to the squad. That’s the model after all. The price he went for is what I still struggle with, but I’ll get over it. The reality was we hadn’t benefited from the big income from a key player sale for a couple of seasons and that really hurts financially. Tigers hand was probably forced and its hard to be totally critical of his decision on that basis. Only the communication, which has improved since then too.
Where did Tiger say that Whyte was sold to fund other transfers, and why was it clear we were struggling in the transfer market?

We had already completed the deals for Fosu, Gorrin and Cadden, and had deals approved for Woodburn and Moore (who had come in after an equally big offer had been made for Findlay). We offered good money for Sinclair (on more money than Ageyi) and the offer put to Ched Evans was equal to that we have now offered Matty Taylor. Money was never an option, and nor was our general dealings throughout the transfer window. Just because deals took a little longer doesn't make it a struggle.

I know it's hard to accept that months of worrying was misplaced, but it really was and it only took a little patience to see this. Maybe you should have taken a little more notice of us ITK's!!!

Where did Tiger say that Whyte was sold to fund other transfers, and why was it clear we were struggling in the transfer market?

We had already completed the deals for Fosu, Gorrin and Cadden, and had deals approved for Woodburn and Moore (who had come in after an equally big offer had been made for Findlay). We offered good money for Sinclair (on more money than Ageyi) and the offer put to Ched Evans was equal to that we have now offered Matty Taylor. Money was never an option, and nor was our general dealings throughout the transfer window. Just because deals took a little longer doesn't make it a struggle.

I know it's hard to accept that months of worrying was misplaced, but it really was and it only took a little patience to see this. Maybe you should have taken a little more notice of us ITK's!!!
Crikey you are like the gift that keeps on giving.

Have you read the email Tiger sent out to the season ticket holders recently? He literally says the sale of Whyte has helped to bring in some of these players. Still I guess you are more ITK than the owner!?!

Crikey you are like the gift that keeps on giving.

Have you read the email Tiger sent out to the season ticket holders recently? He literally says the sale of Whyte has helped to bring in some of these players. Still I guess you are more ITK than the owner!?!
For clarity see oufc website Tiger update 15th August and I quote “The sale of Gavin Whyte has also helped us invest in a very good squad...”.

I guess you are not Tiger after all.

For clarity see oufc website Tiger update 15th August and I quote “The sale of Gavin Whyte has also helped us invest in a very good squad...”.

I guess you are not Tiger after all.
We had already invested significantly in the squad before the Gavin Whyte deal even came up, as I showed. Deals were already in place, or we had offered equivalent offers to other players. The budget was set very early and hasn't changed. The only difference is with how we have looked to use that budget.

Of course we weren't going to turn down significant offers for someone like Gavin Whyte and that helps the bank balance. But the idea that we couldn't compete in the transfer market, or that we were struggling is simply not true.

If you're interested in quotes, look at pretty much everything said by Robinson and others at the 60 minute RadOx phone in. Or pretty much every quote coming out of the club in the last 4 weeks or more. Tiger is justifying the sale of Gavin Whyte of course, but it wasn't s**t or bust as you wrongly present.

Whyte has already said he turned down sitting on the bench at Leeds in the championship and took regular football in L1 with us. No surprise he engineered a move to the championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom