Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a striker, but no reason why he can't play as one of a front 3. I would imagine that instead of the 4-2-3-1 that we've played with 3 behind Mackie, we'll go more 4-2-1-3 with Woodburn sitting a little deeper and Ageyi, Taylor and Fosu switching across the front 3.
Don’t all those names sound good? We’ve gone from nothing to almost too many. How do you keep them al happy? I want them all to play, but don’t want to spoil what we’ve already seen. Harsh to leave Mackie out, he’s infectious. Roll on tomorrow.

IMG_20190819_231830.jpgIMG_20190819_231832.jpgIMG_20190819_231834.jpg
Rewind 12 months and we experienced moderate stonks over Sam Smith coming in as our number 9. Turns out, the singer would have been just as good/bad...

Fast foward 12 months and what a difference in our recruitment! ? I cannot wait to see this squad play at full fitness. This season could be a special one! COYY! ??

Last edited:
View attachment 2056View attachment 2057View attachment 2058
Rewind 12 months and we experienced moderate stonks over Sam Smith coming in as our number 9. Turns out, the singer would have been just as good/bad...

Fast foward 12 months and what a difference in our recruitment! ? I cannot wait to see this squad play at full fitness. This season could be a special one! COYY! ??
More importantly, the previously exposed wiring on the side of the training ground has been encased.

2 really good signings for the club today. IMO Thorne is worth taking the risk on and you can understand why it’s only till January.

Questions/thinking out loud:

1) Was extra money thrown at the budget when we were a week or so before the Sunderland game when we looked desperately light and did our targets change as a result.

2) Was it nailed on that GW pretty much had to be sold to fund this kind of window? Was it the plan all along?

3) Is Thorne’s deal till Jan our doing, Derby’s, or both?

I was sure that a deal was done with McCleary so I'm not certain where we stand. My gut feeling is that we had to up our offer for Taylor and have had to tighten up on others coming in. It's possible that we might still bring in a winger but maybe it's worth hanging on for 10 days to see if we pick up any injuries.

At the moment I would see our team as

Eastwood (Stevens)

Cadden (Long)
Dickie (Jones)
Moore (Mous)
Ruffels (Berkoe)

Gorrin (Hanson)
Brannagan (Thorne/Baptiste)

Ageyi (Hall)
Woodburn (Henry)
Fosu (Forde)

Taylor (Mackie)

So although we could still use some out and out pace to cover for Fosu, I'm not sure that we desperately need it and maybe Left Back is where we could do with a little more cover.

Either way, that's as good a squad as I can remember and even the back up team looks f*****g strong!!!

What about Sykes? I’ve noticed a few posters have completely left him out when predicting our best team and our next best 11. He was very good at the end of last season, and was in the 27 man squad for Northern Ireland during their last Euros qualifiers.

More importantly, the previously exposed wiring on the side of the training ground has been encased.

No I’m sorry but its wrong to say they’ve simply been encased. They have in fact been wired up to some splendid circle lights. Thus letting players know where the building is on dark winter nights.
I know this might sound trivial but as none of us will be debating football for the next few months we have to form lines around something else.
I heard bazzer ain’t going to be happy until there are 20 lights on the training ground.

Appreciate we are only 3 games in (and might jinx tomorrow) but Henry has looked far brighter this year so far, and his partnership with Cadden shows promise. I also think Mous has done alright. Whilst I cant imagine the latter will keep Moore out of the side for too long, regardless, I'm not sure Henry needs to lose his spot to Agyei in the short term...
It's Henry's place at the moment,. Agyei will need to make an impact when coming into the team to displace him.

Nice problem for KR to have.

No I’m sorry but its wrong to say they’ve simply been encased. They have in fact been wired up to some splendid circle lights. Thus letting players know where the building is on dark winter nights.
I know this might sound trivial but as none of us will be debating football for the next few months we have to form lines around something else.
I heard bazzer ain’t going to be happy until there are 20 lights on the training ground.
Oh just wait, he'll want to be able to switch them on from 30 yards away!

What about Sykes? I’ve noticed a few posters have completely left him out when predicting our best team and our next best 11. He was very good at the end of last season, and was in the 27 man squad for Northern Ireland during their last Euros qualifiers.

Forgot all about Sykes! Certainly good enough to be included in our squad, which makes it a very strong 24 man squad with some very good young prospects still to come through. The difficulty is that with only 18 able to be named in matchday squads then 6 will miss out on a regular basis. That's a fantastic problem to have, but still a problem.

Mark Sykes may not get regular games so will need to take advantage of the opportunities he does get to push his way into the first team. He looks like the kind of young man who will take this challenge on and be better for it. That can only be a good thing.

Forgot all about Sykes! Certainly good enough to be included in our squad, which makes it a very strong 24 man squad with some very good young prospects still to come through. The difficulty is that with only 18 able to be named in matchday squads then 6 will miss out on a regular basis. That's a fantastic problem to have, but still a problem.

Mark Sykes may not get regular games so will need to take advantage of the opportunities he does get to push his way into the first team. He looks like the kind of young man who will take this challenge on and be better for it. That can only be a good thing.

I think Sykes may end up playing more as a winger with the squad as it is and the depth of it.

Assuming the electricity bills are up to date. That's a big assumption!

Yeah I’ve heard from a sauce inside the club house that we are absolutely skint. I don’t want to reveal his full name but let’s call him Mr Heinz told me “after the lights were installed KR forget to switch them off one night and Tiger had to pay the bill with his savings he had put by for the Kassam. That’s the reason Tiger hasn’t brought the stadium”.
Actually Taylor qualified as an electrician before he turned pro and that’s why we wanted him so badly. Part of the deal was for him to install the lights and pir sensors. But screwfix didn’t have the parts, which is what delayed the deal.
All true.

Well about as true as some of the itk fakers on here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom