Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only team I could see matching us financially who needs a first choice striker is Doncaster but even then I think were more appealing to him

If you want to return to Oxfordshire for family reasons, how much extra money (signing-on fee, pay, etc.) does it take to get you to sign for someone else. If Bolton sort out their ownership problems in the next two weeks they will be looking for a striker.

If you want to return to Oxfordshire for family reasons, how much extra money (signing-on fee, pay, etc.) does it take to get you to sign for someone else. If Bolton sort out their ownership problems in the next two weeks they will be looking for a striker.
He might as well stay in Bristol and take the money for the rest of the season than go even further afield.

He might as well stay in Bristol and take the money for the rest of the season than go even further afield.
This is the challenge here. Hes very well remunerated at Brizzle, he knows theres champ interest which could materialise in January, so we need to pull it out of the bag to make it worthwhile.

It wont be a quick one put it that way.

Robbo mentioned that a winger will almost definitly come in now (due to the injury on Napa. Take it thats the guy from Reading. He didnt give anything away RE Taylor.

Robbo mentioned that a winger will almost definitly come in now (due to the injury on Napa. Take it thats the guy from Reading. He didnt give anything away RE Taylor.
Does sound ominous. I imagine Peterborough will start throwing more cash around in their tantrum after this week, and a player like Taylor would surely appeal.

This is going to be a tough one.

A bit of a confusing situation with Matty Taylor. By all accounts, Bristol City were a bit pissed with the photo of him in the tunnel. As a club, we pride ourselves in doing everything right and this hasn't shown us in the best light and we've apologised to Ashton and co. at City.

But talks have taken place and an offer is on the table. He does not have much of a future at Bristol and they are happy to see him move on, ideally on a permanent deal. Taylor has just bought a house locally and likes KR and the culture being built at the club. But his current wages are above what we'd want to pay and we would be reluctant to pay a fee for someone that City want to overload.

It sounds like a smoothing of the ways is needed all round to make this work, and this may take a little more time. I am less confident that he will be on his way to Blackpool this weekend but anything is possible and the injury to Napa might just push Tiger into throwing in a little sweetener to make this happen.

A bit of a confusing situation with Matty Taylor. By all accounts, Bristol City were a bit pissed with the photo of him in the tunnel. As a club, we pride ourselves in doing everything right and this hasn't shown us in the best light and we've apologised to Ashton and co. at City.

But talks have taken place and an offer is on the table. He does not have much of a future at Bristol and they are happy to see him move on, ideally on a permanent deal. Taylor has just bought a house locally and likes KR and the culture being built at the club. But his current wages are above what we'd want to pay and we would be reluctant to pay a fee for someone that City want to overload.

It sounds like a smoothing of the ways is needed all round to make this work, and this may take a little more time. I am less confident that he will be on his way to Blackpool this weekend but anything is possible and the injury to Napa might just push Tiger into throwing in a little sweetener to make this happen.
I thought it was a bit strange taking pictures of player targets and publishing them in the media. Why would the oxford mail do this?

I thought it was a bit strange taking pictures of player targets and publishing them in the media. Why would the oxford mail do this?

Why wouldn’t they ? That’s journalism, trying to get in there first. You could counter that by saying what are Taylor and Robinson doing having a chat in full view of stewards, security staff, ball boys etc, people who could just as easily taken a picture and put it on social media.

It looked to me almost like a photo that they both wanted to be taken. There was nothing covert about it.

Why wouldn’t they ? That’s journalism, trying to get in there first. You could counter that by saying what are Taylor and Robinson doing having a chat in full view of stewards, security staff, ball boys etc, people who could just as easily taken a picture and put it on social media.

It looked to me almost like a photo that they both wanted to be taken. There was nothing covert about it.
Maybe your right I just cant remember the mail publishing pictures of other transfer targets watching games before. No pictures were posted of the other two 'easier' targets watching for example.

No photos were released of Marcus Browne when he turned up, or Fosu who was at the club for at least 10 days before the deal was agreed, or even much about Chris Cadden who was around for weeks!

On the whole, Oxford have conducted themselves in exactly the right way throughout this transfer window and other clubs respect that. I'm not sure that anyone will be pleased that this photo was taken and published. It has left Bristol City pissed off, and that could delay or scupper a deal. Not an ideal situation at all to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom