Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matty Taylor likely in coming on loan...although we’ve been here before with Taylor so don’t count your chickens
Any idea how long for? I recon if a championship club was in for him and the deal fell through he'll come to us until January and then will move to a championship club, no problem with that as long as he scores a hat full, will need replacing in January though. Who knows if no championship clubs want him, he may stay with us, who knows if tiger is willing to shell out we May get him permenantly

Chris Gunter is a RB I believe? Would be a good replacement for Cadden who’s likely to leave in January. From what Caddens already shown though he’ll leave a huge hole to fill!

I think Gunter has also played DM before, a position that Robinson has confirmed he’d like to recruit.

Chris Gunter is a RB I believe? Would be a good replacement for Cadden who’s likely to leave in January. From what Caddens already shown though he’ll leave a huge hole to fill!

I think Gunter has also played DM before, a position that Robinson has confirmed he’d like to recruit.
Why would cadden leave in jan?

Robinson is a class act.

We could have some journeyman manager here with 10% of his passion. He has immersed himself in the club from day one and, yes, his enthusiasm runs away with him sometimes but give me a manager like that any day of the week.

We don’t realise how lucky we are to have him and I really hope he gets some tangible reward during the next three for what he gives this club.
Wow

Id be surprised if they took somone back in Jan to do a pre season ... wouldnt make sense.
Their season is different to ours, it starts in March, so January would be the equivalent of June/July over here.

Their season is different to ours, it starts in March, so January would be the equivalent of June/July over here.
I know i get that, but i would still be surprised if they took someone from competitive footbal to do a pre season..would be nonsense.

I know i get that, but i would still be surprised if they took someone from competitive footbal to do a pre season..would be nonsense.
They may want him to have a break before going into their new season.

Cant see it...i think this was a cost avoidance exercise...id put a pound on he never plays a game for them.
Interesting thought.. I live in hope that he enjoys his time here so much the draw of the states diminishes. January could be interesting!

While quickly skimming through thee previous pages I am reminded how many posters in here are panicked and bed wetters. It’s like you play out your anxious lives online lashing out at tiger, KR or any perceived threat to OUFC. The very people who have the most to lose financially are the ones being attacked incessantly. These posters Show no maturity or patience regarding the transfer window, which by the way is still open. These posters should review their behaviour and have a strong word with themselves. Your constant negativity isn’t welcome on this site. I am very happy with the direction of this club and am stoked how we have started. There will undoubtedly be lots more ups and downs re results this season where our loyalty will be tested but stand fast and strong and show some bloody resilience!!

While quickly skimming through thee previous pages I am reminded how many posters in here are panicked and bed wetters. It’s like you play out your anxious lives online lashing out at tiger, KR or any perceived threat to OUFC. The very people who have the most to lose financially are the ones being attacked incessantly. These posters Show no maturity or patience regarding the transfer window, which by the way is still open. These posters should review their behaviour and have a strong word with themselves. Your constant negativity isn’t welcome on this site. I am very happy with the direction of this club and am stoked how we have started. There will undoubtedly be lots more ups and downs re results this season where our loyalty will be tested but stand fast and strong and show some bloody resilience!!
Jesus Christ, who the f**k are you? We’ve already got enough people strutting around on here with their username initials printed on the chest of their store bought replica training tops. You can’t moan about moaners and wet the bed about bed wetters, and then have a go at them. Presumably you lack the intelligence to understand the irony of your behaviour.

If you think anybody here wants the club to fail, there’s nobody stupider than you. People who spend thousands of pounds per year following the team home and away, and who deeply care for the club and have done for decades in many cases, don’t weep over success. They don’t cry when we win, they don’t get angry when we sign quality players - success doesn’t hurt them or make them feel bad. I know you THINK they do, and that it does, but that only shows yet again how stupid you are. People have different opinions, they agree and disagree, and everybody is right and wrong on different occasions. That’s called life, chum.

If you’re really that worried about people not yanking their plank over the club 24/7 that you have to call them names and feel like you’re somehow winning every time things are going okay, it sounds like you’re the one with issues they need to deal with, and maybe it’s the likes of you who shouldn’t be welcome in places like this. It looks from here like this all means a little bit too much to you, and I’m not sure you have the intellectual capacity to understand that people can care and want the best for something without behaving exactly the same way. Presumably you think that parents feel terrible when their children succeed when they disagree with something they’re doing, and that they can’t possibly love them if they think they’re making a mistake and dare to tell them as much.

I think the moaners and bed wetters are fine, mon amie. Doesn’t sound like you are, though. Hope you get that sorted. Life is much brighter when you don’t take things so seriously, and when you worry about enjoying the good times for yourself, rather than trying to figure out a way that you can use them to try to make other people feel bad. That isn’t the behaviour of a stable or mature, intelligent human being.

Good luck.

I fear you have just started a civil war

Alright mate, calm down!

Yes there were a few of us (myself included) who were concerned with the lack of signings and the loss of key players 1 week before the start of the season, and I think we were all justified to be worried when we were receiving no communication from the board regarding any plans moving forwards.

But I think most of us have fully acknowledged how brilliantly the board and KR have done in the last couple of weeks to turn what was looking like a very disappointing transfer window into an excellent transfer window, and a great start to the season, even Kip seems to have cheered up a bit!

However, I will agree that, just as the club has had to learn from previous mistakes on their way to hopefully now getting things moving in the right direction, us fans (myself included) could maybe learn from our own mistakes this summer, and yes, show some more patience and understanding towards the fact that transfers take time, especially when it involves quality players, and we are further down the food chain, so if we want good players, we are going to have to wait a bit longer than we would like, and to accept, that weather we like it or not, we may even lose players we don't want to along the way as well.

So yeah, while I agree with the general gist of your post, I don't really think it needed to be as snotty as it was, as I think we're all feeling pretty good right now, after a great couple of weeks towards the end of the transfer window, with more exciting additions to come, and a great start to the season, so rather than having a dig, how about enjoying it with everyone instead eh?
Wow..
Not been on here for a while...hasnt changed has it..are people getting tetchy cause there is nothing to moan about at the moment.

Alright mate, calm down!

Yes there were a few of us (myself included) who were concerned with the lack of signings and the loss of key players 1 week before the start of the season, and I think we were all justified to be worried when we were receiving no communication from the board regarding any plans moving forwards.

But I think most of us have fully acknowledged how brilliantly the board and KR have done in the last couple of weeks to turn what was looking like a very disappointing transfer window into an excellent transfer window, and a great start to the season, even Kip seems to have cheered up a bit!

However, I will agree that, just as the club has had to learn from previous mistakes on their way to hopefully now getting things moving in the right direction, us fans (myself included) could maybe learn from our own mistakes this summer, and yes, show some more patience and understanding towards the fact that transfers take time, especially when it involves quality players, and we are further down the food chain, so if we want good players, we are going to have to wait a bit longer than we would like, and to accept, that weather we like it or not, we may even lose players we don't want to along the way as well.

So yeah, while I agree with the general gist of your post, I don't really think it needed to be as snotty as it was, as I think we're all feeling pretty good right now, after a great couple of weeks towards the end of the transfer window, with more exciting additions to come, and a great start to the season, so rather than having a dig, how about enjoying it with everyone instead?

Jesus Christ, who the f**k are you? We’ve already got enough people strutting around on here with their username initials printed on the chest of their store bought replica training tops. You can’t moan about moaners and wet the bed about bed wetters, and then have a go at them. Presumably you lack the intelligence to understand the irony of your behaviour.

If you think anybody here wants the club to fail, there’s nobody stupider than you. People who spend thousands of pounds per year following the team home and away, and who deeply care for the club and have done for decades in many cases, don’t weep over success. They don’t cry when we win, they don’t get angry when we sign quality players - success doesn’t hurt them or make them feel bad. I know you THINK they do, and that it does, but that only shows yet again how stupid you are. People have different opinions, they agree and disagree, and everybody is right and wrong on different occasions. That’s called life, chum.

If you’re really that worried about people not yanking their plank over the club 24/7 that you have to call them names and feel like you’re somehow winning every time things are going okay, it sounds like you’re the one with issues they need to deal with, and maybe it’s the likes of you who shouldn’t be welcome in places like this. It looks from here like this all means a little bit too much to you, and I’m not sure you have the intellectual capacity to understand that people can care and want the best for something without behaving exactly the same way. Presumably you think that parents feel terrible when their children succeed when they disagree with something they’re doing, and that they can’t possibly love them if they think they’re making a mistake and dare to tell them as much.

I think the moaners and bed wetters are fine, mon amie. Doesn’t sound like you are, though. Hope you get that sorted. Life is much brighter when you don’t take things so seriously, and when you worry about enjoying the good times for yourself, rather than trying to figure out a way that you can use them to try to make other people feel bad. That isn’t the behaviour of a stable or mature, intelligent human being.

Good luck.

Wow, the fish are biting quickly tonight!!! ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom