Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it’s a new site, if this ever happens in my lifetime. If you look at MK dons with all the facilities around the ground. It would make football a far more complete day. Also it’s important that the site is part of the club and not split into companies like the Kassam site.
Imagine if the original vision of Robin Herd was visualised and all of these businesses were feeding the football club. Instead of Kassams pocket.
If Tiger builds a new facility I hope the council is shrewd enough to put conditions in to any facilities that they remain part of the club. Otherwise when Tiger gets bored and moves on we’ll be in almost exactly the same situation we are now.

If a new complex is built I think it is a bit unrealistic for us to be able to benefit from all revenues, although we can dream! However if we were in control of all stadium revenue, match day revenue etc then that would be a far healthier position to be in. If we had this then Tiger / consortium benefited from revenue streams from other facilities on the complex (hotel etc) then that is how they get a return, plus the people of Oxfordshire would benefit from shiny new facilities. Then Kassam could flatten the current stadium and build much needed housing, Kassam and local authorities are then happy. For this to happen there are different councils etc involved, but surely this would work from a wider Oxfordshire viewpoint?

I don't think anyone is expecting any owners just to chuck money at the club for no obvious return. Most would be quite happy for them to make money, if the club finds itself in a healthier and more sustainable long term position. The various public bodies are going to be pivotal, they could ensure that the club, the people of Oxfordshire benefit whilst Kassam and Tiger also get a return.

Back to the original thread..

If we have signed this Burnley forward, and possibly before the window closes secure an additional loan attacker then despite selling Whyte that will be a good window. I still think ideally we need an out an out 3rd centre back, so we're not relying on the names mentioned as back up then I'll be over the moon!

I'm one of the doubters, and was concerned about the way the transfer window was shaping but it is looking a lot healthier now.

Then Kassam could flatten the current stadium and build much needed housing, Kassam and local authorities are then happy. For this to happen there are different councils etc involved, but surely this would work from a wider Oxfordshire viewpoint?

I don't think anyone is expecting any owners just to chuck money at the club for no obvious return. Most would be quite happy for them to make money, if the club finds itself in a healthier and more sustainable long term position. The various public bodies are going to be pivotal, they could ensure that the club, the people of Oxfordshire benefit whilst Kassam and Tiger also get a return.
A valid point if, the stadium were to be built on land outside of the "City" Given that when Greater Leys was built, a deal was done to bring the land into OCC territory. Over the other side of the Grenoble road it's still SODC. My hope is that somehow we get a stadium within OCC, not just for the geographic status as "Oxford" but more from the perspective of existing contacts and the more favourable planning.

Any idea when this announcement is going to happen, apparently it now has to be before 12.30 to enable said announcement to play tomorrow whereas it used to be 1700, so with just under 2.5 hours to go I hope the Klaxon is going to sound.

The announcement of a siging and registering the player with the EFL/FA in time are two different things though.

Any idea when this announcement is going to happen, apparently it now has to be before 12.30 to enable said announcement to play tomorrow whereas it used to be 1700, so with just under 2.5 hours to go I hope the Klaxon is going to sound.

Based on KR's comments, assuming it happens, that the player wouldn't be involved tomorrow anyway so could be any time today (again assuming it happens today).

A valid point if, the stadium were to be built on land outside of the "City" Given that when Greater Leys was built, a deal was done to bring the land into OCC territory. Over the other side of the Grenoble road it's still SODC. My hope is that somehow we get a stadium within OCC, not just for the geographic status as "Oxford" but more from the perspective of existing contacts and the more favourable planning.

I dont know a great deal about planning, land ownership, but any land that is part of SODC, still comes under the overall control of the County Council. One is district the other is county.

Robinson was aiming to bring in the first of two front men before the weekend.

There is still a decent chance of that happening, although it is unlikely the new man would be involved in tomorrow’s home game with Peterborough United.

QUOTE from oxford mail

There is still a decent chance of that happening, although it is unlikely the new man would be involved in tomorrow’s home game with Peterborough United.

Might get paraded on the pitch before the game/half-time

I dont know a great deal about planning, land ownership, but any land that is part of SODC, still comes under the overall control of the County Council. One is district the other is county.
Think "local authority" as opposed to "County" Initial planning goes before the local lot. Hence why SODC get so many mentions with regard to attempts to develop the land adjacent to the sewage works on the south side of Grenoble Road.

But we think if the County Council tried to overrule SODC I think that would cause lots of problems considering that SODC are now rules by the Libdems although they’re not really democratic with there views

But we think if the County Council tried to overrule SODC I think that would cause lots of problems considering that SODC are now rules by the Libdems although they’re not really democratic with there views

Can we move this tangent into a topic in the The Stadium That Cannot Be Named or Boardroom sections, as this isn't really Transfer news?

100%

The only way that we'd be looking at staying at the Kassam is if we got an unbelievably good deal (very unlikely) or we can negotiate a lease deal that allows us to have far greater control of income streams (still fairly unlikely).
Where’s your positivity gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom