Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piggott at Wimbledon? Scored a decent number of goals last season and can’t imagine he would be that expensive.

You’re not wrong.
Hardly surprising considering the earlier comments linked to on the Derby forum.

It seemed like a signing we didn't really need taking that into account... So use the money on the two strikers that we still do need.

If we didn't have Mackie then I'd say Brett Pitman.
I'd like to see a young, premier league/chapionship striker to come in on loan with a point to prove. Someone like Roofe who needed to kick start his career.

The flurry of activity this week is a major relief. Getting the Moore deal sealed seems to me the key to changing the complexion of this window.
We badly need two strikers (there seems to be some ambiguity as to where Woodburn is best played) before the squad can be called complete.

The big test for KR will be how quickly he can blend the new signings with the existing players, and I think that this is his strength, judging by the way he developed a competitive team in the second half of last season.

There can be no denying that it is all happening too late on in the window to be confident of a good start, but on paper the squad is developing into a better outfit than the one that started last season. Fingers, and eyes, crossed.

I'm not sure why we are clinching the Thorne deal...yes, a good player earlier on in his career, but hit by bad injuries and unable to get into Luton's first team last season. We are ok in midfield, put the salary money into getting a striker!

From what KR said yesterday there is money for both. A player with a previous injury can still came good.

The flurry of activity this week is a major relief. Getting the Moore deal sealed seems to me the key to changing the complexion of this window.
We badly need two strikers (there seems to be some ambiguity as to where Woodburn is best played) before the squad can be called complete.

The big test for KR will be how quickly he can blend the new signings with the existing players, and I think that this is his strength, judging by the way he developed a competitive team in the second half of last season.

There can be no denying that it is all happening too late on in the window to be confident of a good start, but on paper the squad is developing into a better outfit than the one that started last season. Fingers, and eyes, crossed.

I'm not sure why we are clinching the Thorne deal...yes, a good player earlier on in his career, but hit by bad injuries and unable to get into Luton's first team last season. We are ok in midfield, put the salary money into getting a striker!
Not sure why Agyei would need to fly in. If he's still with Burnley, their first team and U23s have been playing in England. I imagine it's someone else, especially as if rumoured we could not agree terms with Agyei.

Moore flew in from Belgium yesterday evening I think.

So let’s talks strikers, as that seems to be the main objective now. We all know, and so do the football club that we lack a number 9. So let’s have names that are realistic, and in our price range! How much are the board and chairman prepared to spend on one.

I still think it’s a shame we didn’t try for Christian Doidge. I know Mapps wanted him while he was here. He only moved on for 250k. I’d say that was within our price range.
We did try for him, the fee wasn't the issue. His wage demands were too high and would have broken the cap for a player set by the club. Hibernian were prepared to pay more in terms of salary.

We did try for him, the fee wasn't the issue. His wage demands were too high and would have broken the cap for a player set by the club. Hibernian were prepared to pay more in terms of salary.
I think the wage cap has now been busted..

Just been with a couple of Derby fans (I live in Derby) - one has a link to Derby's backroom department - apparently,
I hope you had a good wash afterwards. On a serious note, I’ve seen too many punts on crocked strikers in my time. Not sure I want to go down that route. But, rumours of league 1 sides now paying £2mn plus for decent strikers is quite staggering. Number of late striker deals being done suggests KR is doing all he can in a mad fishing pond.

Well so far ec ... or kr as I believe he is ..... happens to be 2 out of 3 I believe he is itk .... but wheres my 2.50 plus add ons mate?

• React
Reactions: Ian
From what KR said yesterday there is money for both. A player with a previous injury can still came good.
who are you and what have you done with mellowyellow?
I agree though, you got to look at the potential. similar to the Holmes situation but saying that I wouldn't be overly bothered if it doesn't happen as we've got enough midfielders

Derby forum on Thorne:
Sounds like he is more of a defensive than attacking midfielder, I was under the impression it was vice versa. Very complementary of him before his injuries (predicting he'd be a PL and even international player), might be worth a gamble on loan like Holmes last year?

Derby forum on Thorne:
Sounds like he is more of a defensive than attacking midfielder, I was under the impression it was vice versa. Very complementary of him before his injuries (predicting he'd be a PL and even international player), might be worth a gamble on loan like Holmes last year?
Looks like a superb player in the video on that forum. Can see why we might take a risk as he looks like a star. There must however be a point of no return with some injuries and by the sounds he may have passed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom