Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to ask as I haven’t seen anything official.
1, did the medical go ok this am for the player who was touching down.
W, have either Thorne or Moore signed as one or two posters seem to think they have.

No this isn’t a moan this is a genuine question.

Henry scored a lot of goals for us, but more recently he played a lot of very poor games in which he did very little. I would rather see Sykes/Woodburn in that AMC role than him
But remember Henry did have personal issues with his daughter in hospital, and yes I know she was out as we saw her being carried by Henry after the Doncaster game. I hope he rediscovers his form.

The catalyst being the sale of GW seems to have passed over the heads of most people. Hopefully the new signings turn out to be good signings, that doesn’t make the deal for GW a good deal.

If these signings propel us to the play offs - or dare I say it the automatics - then you’re right the Whyte deal isn’t a good one, it becomes a fantastic one.

I thought the powers that be (in the RadOx programme) said that the incoming signings were NOT reliant on the club selling Whyte?

If these signings propel us to the play offs - or dare I say it the automatics - then you’re right the Whyte deal isn’t a good one, it becomes a fantastic one.
Selling anything for half price is never a good deal. It would actually be hiding the fact that our finances are not as good as others would have you believe. Imagine what we could have got for £4m?

I thought the powers that be (in the RadOx programme) said that the incoming signings were NOT reliant on the club selling Whyte?
They also said the HMRC thing wouldn’t happen again and yet it did. Time will hopefully prove them right and me wrong. I’d much prefer it that way.

The catalyst being the sale of GW seems to have passed over the heads of most people. Hopefully the new signings turn out to be good signings, that doesn’t make the deal for GW a good deal.

According to those posters (EC and Scotchegg) who seem to be infinitely more ITK than I am, the deals that are coming to fruition at the moment have been a long time in the making--far predating the sale of GW

£2.5m going up to £3m plus 20% sell on is not half price btw
I’ve no doubt others are more ITK than me about the comings and goings at the club. I have no inside knowledge whatsoever...except KR who said over £2m with everything thrown in. I’m going to go with that until someone better places than KR says otherwise.

According to those posters (EC and Scotchegg) who seem to be infinitely more ITK than I am, the deals that are coming to fruition at the moment have been a long time in the making--far predating the sale of GW
We’ve clearly been working on all manner of deals since the end of last season. However we haven’t managed to get many of them over the line until we sold GW for a reduced price. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not.

I’ve no doubt others are more ITK than me about the comings and goings at the club. I have no inside knowledge whatsoever...except KR who said over £2m with everything thrown in. I’m going to go with that until someone better places than KR says otherwise.
£2.5m is over £2m with everything thrown in!

They also said the HMRC thing wouldn’t happen again and yet it did. Time will hopefully prove them right and me wrong. I’d much prefer it that way.
You'd certainly hope with the 'honest and open' approach they claimed in that interview, that every word they said was the unvarnished truth.

Which would mean below £2m before add ons , eg 20% sell on which aren’t guaranteed, are included.
Even the Oxford Mail have said that they believe the fee to be £2.5m + extras. Robinson was only saying last night of the danger in showing your hand to other teams during the transfer window, so he can underplay the fee to an extent.

But I guess you'll just believe what you want to believe - like all of these deals have only happened because Whyte was sold! Coincidence? YES!!!

If you read the excellent summary of our finances in Fan's View 2019/20 No.2 - Pre-season pt2 you will see that we have to sell a player each year just to keep our losses and debt management remotely manageable. This is the business model that keeps the lights on (When Tiger remembers to settle the bills that is ;)). Losing Nelson on a free was a big financial hit for us. So selling GW was somewhat of a necessity. At least he plays in a position we have some cover for. Like it or not it appears our owners are not here to throw money at the first team so being a selling club is the only way to survive.

Even the Oxford Mail have said that they believe the fee to be £2.5m + extras. Robinson was only saying last night of the danger in showing your hand to other teams during the transfer window, so he can underplay the fee to an extent.

But I guess you'll just believe what you want to believe - like all of these deals have only happened because Whyte was sold! Coincidence? YES!!!
I hope you’re right. Time will tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom