Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm lucky enough to have access to a lot of info that most aren't. I can't put what I know on here as I'd never get told anything again. It's often bloody frustrating but all I'll say is a lot of work is being done to get some real quality in and although we don't hear from them much, the chairman and board members are very much involved.

I think that's fair enough to keep sources private. Thank's for the info, it would be a cracking signing. I will call you out though if it doesn't happen. Let's hope for everyone this happens!

It is up to others to determine what value they place on any comments posted. But the very point of having some information is that I/we can say that the situation is nowhere near as bad as some fear, and that hopefully, time will show this. Transfers are never easy, and anything can happen up to the point when people sign on the dotted line and hold the shirt up at the training ground. Very few people will guarantee signings, but that doesn't mean that things aren't happening. For example, we offer a deal for a player who is happy to join etc, but the selling club wants to tie up a replacement before they agree to close the deal. It may not be right to disclose who that player is, but it may be appropriate to say that things are very close. With everything I post, I really don't care if you believe it or not, or feel that it has value or is totally worthless. That is your choice.

Hope so mate

It is up to others to determine what value they place on any comments posted. But the very point of having some information is that I/we can say that the situation is nowhere near as bad as some fear, and that hopefully, time will show this. Transfers are never easy, and anything can happen up to the point when people sign on the dotted line and hold the shirt up at the training ground. Very few people will guarantee signings, but that doesn't mean that things aren't happening. For example, we offer a deal for a player who is happy to join etc, but the selling club wants to tie up a replacement before they agree to close the deal. It may not be right to disclose who that player is, but it may be appropriate to say that things are very close. With everything I post, I really don't care if you believe it or not, or feel that it has value or is totally worthless. That is your choice.

Most other clubs in the league clearly don't have this problem, as we find ourselves currently near the bottom of the list of clubs signing players.

Well I/we have inside information that we cannot possibly divulge!
To do so would put our informants life/lives in danger, but I/we insiders know stuff. A lot of stuff. Loads of it, and it has been said... we’re full of it!?
We’re saying nothing because , if we tell you, you will then know too and we won’t know stuff you don’t any more.

I know you lot out of the loop want to know s**t but you can’t, cos we’re the only ones who know s**t, so there!?

On Lofthouse, remember it is a step up and he has only just started. In the Youth games I saw, he was creative driving forward on the right whilst being very good defensively. He would beat players regularly and often enough then drive into the box. There is definitely a player there, it is just whether he can make the step up.
Well said mate , give the lad a chance .

Oh please, why bother saying anything at all?

Prepare yourself, oh come on, he may have some inside contacts but why bother posting anything about them if he can,t divulge it, it,s totally worthless.

If we stop people posting things that are "totally worthless" the forum is going to be much, much quieter.
Obviously I include myself in this category, so barely post anything now :)

You guys sound a lot more confident about it all than Robinson. Genuine question: Are these players likely to arrive before the Sunderland game or are they loans that we’ll have to wait until the end of the transfer window for?
I believe one will, and another probably will, although I'm not sure that either will start against Sunderland they could both be on the bench. One forward, one defender.

I would rather everyone acknowledge the fact that everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and if that opinion, on that occasion, for whatever reason, is positive or negative, then thats up to them, and they should not be criticised or shot down in flames for it.

Everyone's going to think differently, and its about respecting those views, weather you agree or not.

Makes for a much more pleasant environment for healthy debate.

Easy ennit?
I agree that everybody is entitled to their opinion. Most peoples views on here I respect.
But... a constant negative barrage in my view trying to wind people up is not OK. In my view.

we could easily go out and sign on an Obika, a mike williamson and a tiendali tomorrow if that would make everyone happy? no? oh you dont want players no on else wants then, you just want the ones that 5 or 6 other clubs want too? well that takes time and effort sorry.

I would rather everyone acknowledge the fact that everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and if that opinion, on that occasion, for whatever reason, is positive or negative, then thats up to them, and they should not be criticised or shot down in flames for it.

Everyone's going to think differently, and its about respecting those views, weather you agree or not.

Easy ennit?
I dont think trolls who post the same bullshit multiple times a day every day should be allowed to ruin a thread with their opinions stated as fact when they dont know the details.They should be criticised.

we could easily go out and sign on an Obika, a mike williamson and a tiendali tomorrow if that would make everyone happy? no? oh you dont want players no on else wants then, you just want the ones that 5 or 6 other clubs want too? well that takes time and effort sorry.
That’s the delicate balancing act though isn’t. What if we’re 5th or 6th in the queue?

Yes. This.

Easy ennit?

Opinions are allowed to be challenged, that is the nature of debate.

A critical dissection of an opinion is a perfectly valid and healthy thing to do. Dismissing an opinion or resorting to an attack on the individual (not the opinion) is not. Criticism is not a bad thing, when properly applied.

Yes. This.
It doesn’t only take time and effort. It takes a great deal of the thing that most players and their agents value above all else: wages and signing bonuses. If the players we want are wanted by clubs with larger budgets, we are very likely to be a plucky loser time and time again. I suspect that’s what’s happened during this window.

At some stage we do need to identify a group of players that are right at the top of the tier we can confidently close. And there lies the real skill in recruitment for OUFC. Any of us could identify the players whom are out of our reach. It’s the highest quality that aren’t that we really do need to turn our attention to.

To play devils advocate we could go for the players that everyone wants and totally miss out, then last minute panic buy after the first few games have already been played by which time the damage has been done.

I don't envy any club trying to compete in such a silly market that exists in football today. My guess is to be successful you need to be prepared, scout everywhere, be completely ready to move fast, and ensure you have the ability to sell the club.

Even if we do make these impressive signings I still will not be convinced that improvements can't be made with our recruitment or that we are achieving as mush as we previously did under Aston and MApps. Everyone knew Nelson was leaving nearly as far back as last summer surely we should have been prepared for this, and the same goes for a striker.

I hope those ITK are right as we are about to be made truly happy with the remaining imminent signings. I think they will be vital if we are to have a measure of success this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom