Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the bigger picture, Eales sold the club as he couldn’t take us any further, Tiger and his people have come on board and we were told we’d be pushing for the championship but financially we don’t seem to have progressed with our recruiting, we need more permanent signings with a bit more quality, this season will tell us lots about the current owners.

Looking at the bigger picture, Eales sold the club as he couldn’t take us any further, Tiger and his people have come on board and we were told we’d be pushing for the championship but financially we don’t seem to have progressed with our recruiting, we need more permanent signings with a bit more quality, this season will tell us lots about the current owners.
Still losing money with the current stadium situation.

Damned right.

Bury got promoted last season, Bolton the season before.

We need to follow their examples and splash the cash as recklessly as possible.
Maybe that’s where the problem lies. The board want to, quite rightly, be sensible, but Robinson is chasing the ‘Bury’ and ‘Bolton’ type signings?

Damned right.

Bury got promoted last season, Bolton the season before.

We need to follow their examples and splash the cash as recklessly as possible.

Is it possible the weird Cadden deal is to avoid any financial problems?

Well, if last week was a big week, im super excited about what this week is going to bring if were going to be working even harder!

Go on Tiger and Robbo- bring those boys home!!

if this weird deal is going to happen I'd prefer it the other way round.
Cadden goes to Sunderland first and gets used to life in league 1 and gets his match fitness, then we get him from January onwards.
seems we're doing a massive favour to Sunderland (and Columbus Crew)

OK, I might have missed something but I see no official reference to this Cadden chap coming to the Kashstad.

Why would he want to, you may ask? However, ponder this:

In my experience when working long term a long way, there comes a point when you just want to get back 'home' no matter what/where 'home' might be. You've had enough of the 'ex-Pat lifestyle'. Even had enough of a higher standard of living etc. It's hard to describe the pull of home. So, perhaps his aim will be to get the best deal/location for himself...I understand that. It will have nothing to do with loyalty... perceived or otherwise.?

Well I've been an ex-pat for more than 40 years. Thanks to my club continually extending my contract I've stayed until the day came that the club said I was getting a bit slow and they were not going to give me a new contract. So then I had to make a decision, stay or go back home. But before I had decided along came Brexit.
So I remain.

OK, I might have missed something but I see no official reference to this Cadden chap coming to the Kashstad.

Why would he want to, you may ask? However, ponder this:

In my experience when working long term a long way, there comes a point when you just want to get back 'home' no matter what/where 'home' might be. You've had enough of the 'ex-Pat lifestyle'. Even had enough of a higher standard of living etc. It's hard to describe the pull of home. So, perhaps his aim will be to get the best deal/location for himself...I understand that. It will have nothing to do with loyalty... perceived or otherwise.?
He’s bought a house in Oxford I’m reliably informed.

Personally, I couldn't care less if Cadden comes or not, as thats not the area of the squad thats in desperate need of reinforcements, as everyone knows, its defence and attack where we're lacking, and although the Cadden business has made for some interesting debate, regarding a potentially very weird loan situation, it's not vital.

But I must say, as patient and pragmatic as I've tried to be all summer, if we don't get a defender or striker signed by the end of this week, even I am gonna start getting my knickers in a twist!

Personally, I couldn't care less if Cadden comes or not, as thats not the area of the squad thats in desperate need of reinforcements, as everyone knows, its defence and attack where we're lacking, and although the Cadden business has made for some interesting debate, regarding a potentially very weird loan situation, it's not vital.

But I must say, as patient and pragmatic as I've tried to be all summer, if we don't get a defender or striker signed by the end of this week, even I am gonna start getting my knickers in a twist!

Cadden can play right back which is an area where we need better strength imho.

You don’t care whether the club you support signs a supposedly pretty good player? That’s odd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom