Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely need two additional centre backs.

If we just get one to play alongside Dickie, and then either of those two has an injury I wouldn't be too happy about Mous or Jones having to play a run of games. We know how Mous performed at CB and I don't think Jones is ready to play more than the odd first team game at present.
Sorry almost posted word for word what you put above!!

I don't think we need 2 centre backs, especially if we go for real quality with the one we bring in. Dickie, new CB, Mous and Jones should be good enough to get us through the season.

As for strikers, one established player (Evans) and one young PL loanee should be enough with the way we play.
Have you taken injuries into account ?

Ok there will be some inconsistencies (U23 signings etc). I am not sure also how accurate this website is , but giving an overall approximate view
From Transfermarker.co.uk (Gerry Summers posted a link previously)

Apologies the formatting is so rubbish

Team In In (Loans) Out Net

Coventry 10 0 9 1
Peterboro 9 0 4 5
MK 7 0 6 1
Tranmere 7 1 6 2
Blackpool 6 0 8 (2)
Gillingham 6 3 9 0
Accrington 6 0 7 (1)
Bristol R 6 1 9 (2)
Shrewsbury 5 3 12 (4)
Rotherham 4 2 9 (3)
Pompey 4 2 3 3
Oxford 4 0 9 (5)
Sunderland 3 0 7 (4)
Donny 3 1 8 (4)
Fleetwood 3 2 5 0
Southend 3 0 7 (4)
Wimbledon 3 2 8 (3)
Lincoln 3 1 0 4
Ipswich 2 1 8 (5)
Burton 2 2 5 (1)
Bolton 0 0 9 (9)
Rochdale 0 2 4 (2)
Wycombe 0 0 7 (7)
Bury 0 0 11 (11)

This may upset some people but I don't think Jones is anywhere near ready yet. The unimportant cup games and the odd league game yes. But I wouldn't feel comfortable if he had to cover half a dozen league games or so on the trot. Could be asking too much.

I think the same Jones is still very young & naive as we saw in the end of season games last season, mousinho not good enough in that position as we’ve all witnessed several times before

It’s vital imo we get 2 CB in, there was needed last season when Nelson & Dickie we both struggling with form to have real competition for there places but unfortunately neither Mousinho & Ralgan were good enough to make a change/impact what was needed at the time

Last edited:
I don't think we need 2 centre backs, especially if we go for real quality with the one we bring in. Dickie, new CB, Mous and Jones should be good enough to get us through the season.

As for strikers, one established player (Evans) and one young PL loanee should be enough with the way we play.
That's 'optimistic'.
Mous was a bloody disaster at CB last season (and won't have got any quicker with another year passing!) and Jones (as has been shown by recent PSFs) is simply not ready yet - he is only 17 and still learning his trade, as talented as he obviously is. So basically you are relying on no injuries/suspensions to Dickie and/or the lesser spotted 'new CB'. At a pinch you can imagine us getting a new RB and Sam Long being cover for that position as well as CB, maybe. But then I'm just saying sign a CB and a RB instead of two CBs!
Up front, you want to go with Mackie (whole-hearted but probably only 7 goals in a league season if he plays every game), Evans - if he even comes - a loanee up until January by the looks of it and another loanee who might turn out to be brilliant or might turn out to be Sam Smith. Again, not a lot of scope in case of injury, wanting to change things off the bench, loss of form etc.
If the rest of the signings are: one CB, one loan striker and an untried gamble of a kid up front then we are in trouble.

Panic over chaps... we may not have a fit centre forward but we do have a decent pitch this year so all is well. ?

Won't many of them be playing at Grenoble Road on Saturday? ;)

Don’t really know who will be playing to be honest but I got a few mates that follow Gosport. It’s not a high standard about the same as Banbury is spose. Mind they were in the conference south the other year. Buts it’s a game of football and I can have a few beers.

Just watched Karl's latest iFollow interview. If anyone is expecting a signing today, I think you are going to be disappointed; the impression he gives is that nothing is imminent. Chris Williams asks him if anyone is likely to sign before the weekend and he doesn't answer in the fashion of a man that thinks someone will. I'd sum it up as more of the 'we're after the right player' stuff but does say that he feels we're behind another club in two of the deals and leading in the other.

He goes onto to praise the pitch and the stadium company for preparing it to an incredibly high standard,

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange how Mousinho joined us as a CB and was converted to a CDM, and now people go round saying (rightly) ‘he’s NOT a centre back, he’s a defensive midfielder’ and yet the same people will say ‘Whyte is NOT a striker, he’s a winger’ probably next season if he’s become a successful striker and we need a winger they’ll be saying ‘Whyte is NOT a winger’

same as last season it seems but we wont be so lucky this time i think

Panic over chaps... we may not have a fit centre forward but we do have a decent pitch this year so all is well. ?
A couple of wet winter weeks under the South Stand and it will be a sandpit once again. No sunlight...……..no grass.

by wont be as lucky i mean we will not save our asses from L2 this time

OK, there will be some errors/ inconsistencies I assume (we know OUFCs include Berkoe, Allardyce, Gorin and Fosu. Other clubs too may have some signings for the U23's/ Youth teams. Rochdale also have 3 players included in their Ins from the U18's which I have excluded) But from transfermarket.co.uk I reckon that this is what has happened to date in L1.

InInOutsNet
Loans
Coventry
Peterborough
MK
Tranmere
Blackpool
Gillingham
Accrington
Bristol Rovers
Shrewsbury
Rotherham
Portsmouth
Oxford
Sunderland
Doncaster
Fleetwood
Southend
Wimbledon
Lincoln
Ipawich
Burton
Bolton
Rochdale
Wycombe
Bury

Bury going well then
by wont be as lucky i mean we will not save our asses from L2 this time

We came 12th, not really lucky when you come that high.

Strange how Mousinho joined us as a CB and was converted to a CDM, and now people go round saying (rightly) ‘he’s NOT a centre back, he’s a defensive midfielder’ and yet the same people will say ‘Whyte is NOT a striker, he’s a winger’ probably next season if he’s become a successful striker and we need a winger they’ll be saying ‘Whyte is NOT a winger’

He’s a versatile players who can play in a number of positions when he signed he played a lot at right back to start with then played CB when Nelson was out for the season

Stevenage & Preston he was always a centre midfielder then at Burton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom