Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
All very frustrating on the transfer front, thankfully I don’t support Bury or Bolton. So this is more of an up-date than a negative post. Here is a comprehensive list of which clubs have been most active on the transfer front in our league.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lea...d=2019&s_w=&leihe=0&leihe=1&intern=0&intern=1

This is a great site which is up-dated every 24 hours. All transfers in and out for each club in league one are recorded. As we all probably know it shows that a majority of team squads will only be completed when the loan window ends which this season is the 2nd September.

Probably the weakest League one for many years. So presumably one of our best chances of getting promoted!

All we have is the evidence in front of us. Winding up orders, less than ideal pre-season preparations, and total silence from anyone other than over sharing KR.

But you're very selective of the evidence you provide. You could have evidenced that we have paid fees or compensation deals for several players in the last 18 months, spending well over £1m. That even in this transfer window we have brought in Gorrin Rodriguez despite interest from a number of clubs, and also paid a fee for Fosu who could have stayed at a Championship club or go to any number of league 1 sides who showed an interest in him. You could evidence the fact that we have had the likes of Cadden and Evans around the club with deals looking likely. These are players who most fans would rip your arm off to sign. You could also evidence that we have had significant bids made for a central defender, and made enquiries about a player who scored in Europe last week. You could mention the investment we have made in our youth set up, and how the likes of Jones and Lopes are close to making the step up into the first team. Or you could recognise that we have not sold the likes of Whyte, Brannagan, Dickie, Sykes or Eastwood (who we were told had literally packed ready to leave!). You could also talk about how most teams are in a similar situation to us. We are only a couple of weeks away from the season starting, but Sunderland have brought in 3 free transfers and lost key players from last season.

I know we are all getting anxious and desperate to hear that bloody klaxon, but let's not dwell on a few negatives when there are so many more positives right now.

Yes the market is competitive but it seems we were far less prepared than most to get the job done on time (again!!!).
I am just not sure that we were far less prepared than most.
There seem to be lots of clubs in a similar position and just watching the transfer show on Sky the transfer window is 'about to start heating up'
We clearly need two very good signings at CB and a striker. These are the key signings to give us a pretty decent starting line up.
Then some loanees to make the squad stronger.
It seems to be that the club are holding out to try and get the players they really want. I guess that it is a balancing act between getting these players and taking longer or going for inferior players now.

But you're very selective of the evidence you provide. You could have evidenced that we have paid fees or compensation deals for several players in the last 18 months, spending well over £1m. That even in this transfer window we have brought in Gorrin Rodriguez despite interest from a number of clubs, and also paid a fee for Fosu who could have stayed at a Championship club or go to any number of league 1 sides who showed an interest in him. You could evidence the fact that we have had the likes of Cadden and Evans around the club with deals looking likely. These are players who most fans would rip your arm off to sign. You could also evidence that we have had significant bids made for a central defender, and made enquiries about a player who scored in Europe last week. You could mention the investment we have made in our youth set up, and how the likes of Jones and Lopes are close to making the step up into the first team. Or you could recognise that we have not sold the likes of Whyte, Brannagan, Dickie, Sykes or Eastwood (who we were told had literally packed ready to leave!). You could also talk about how most teams are in a similar situation to us. We are only a couple of weeks away from the season starting, but Sunderland have brought in 3 free transfers and lost key players from last season.

I know we are all getting anxious and desperate to hear that bloody klaxon, but let's not dwell on a few negatives when there are so many more positives right now.
stop talking sense this early in the morning

Just over 2 weeks to go to the start of the season, at least our U23 squad will get a lot of first team action.....well they did pretty well against Eastleigh the other night!
At the moment the team would probably be:
Eastwood
Long Mousinho Dickie Ruffels
Brannagan Gorrin
Whyte Henry Fosu
Mackie

On.bench
Stevens McMahon, Sykes, Hanson Napa, Jones, Lopes

So assuming that we get 3 players in the next couple of weeks there could be virtually no U23s even on the bench!
Not sure where this lot of game time from the first team comes from?

There seem to be lots of clubs in a similar position and just watching the transfer show on Sky the transfer window is 'about to start heating up'
We clearly need two very good signings at CB and a striker. These are the key signings to give us a pretty decent starting line up.
It seems to be that the club are holding out to try and get the players they really want. I guess that it is a balancing act between getting these players and taking longer or going for inferior players now.

Well said scotchegg and Foley. It’s the posters like millman who bring their unwanted and unbalanced negativity to the forum when we should be excited about what may happen in the remainder of the transfer window.

Eastwood
Brannagan Gorrin
Whyte Henry Fosu
Mackie

On.bench

So assuming that we get 3 players in the next couple of weeks there could be virtually no U23s even on the bench!
They will get game time if we don’t get what we need which has to be 2strikers and 2 CB’s at least if not and just saying Mackie still isn’t fit then Lopes and possibly Lofthouse will be in contention and Nico Jones to start as CB.
We
We’re moaning about last seasons recruitment but this season it’s twice if not more worse than last season, and people saying loans will make up the shortfall but we need permanent players for the positions I mentioned so we can have at least one season with our own players and just the required amount of loans to supplement our team.

Eastwood
Brannagan Gorrin
Whyte Henry Fosu
Mackie

On.bench

Who are the 3 U23's on bench then? As Napa certainly isn't one. Also why no Rob Hall?

Eastwood
Brannagan Gorrin
Whyte Henry Fosu
Mackie

On.bench

No Robbie Hall in there...

They will get game time if we don’t get what we need which has to be 2strikers and 2 CB’s at least if not and just saying Mackie still isn’t fit then Lopes and possibly Lofthouse will be in contention and Nico Jones to start as CB.
We
We’re moaning about last seasons recruitment but this season it’s twice if not more worse than last season, and people saying loans will make up the shortfall but we need permanent players for the positions I mentioned so we can have at least one season with our own players and just the required amount of loans to supplement our team.
I'm just not sure that is right.
I am.not saying that we dont need players everybody would agree that.
I am saying that the U23s playing at Eastleigh will not play a lot even with the current squad which was your suggestion.
Sure Lopes may be involved and maybe Jones.
We have Whtye, Hall, Fosu, even Sykes and Henry who can play wide so Lofthouse will do well to get on the bench.
Of those playing at Eastleigh, maybe 2/3 youngsters could be involved with today's squad. We will get in more players....

Eastwood
Brannagan Gorrin
Whyte Henry Fosu
Mackie

On.bench

As you say, add a decent centre back and someone like Evans to that, add Mackie, Hall and Mous to the bench in place of Napa, Jones and Lopes and we're looking incredibly strong! And that's before looking at Cadden and maybe a couple of young loanees from the PL.

This shows just how ridiculous the panic is on here with people spouting rubbish about only having half a team, or demanding the signing of the likes of Guthrie simply because we have bought anyone else in yet.

Mind you neither was Thiery Henry when Arsenal signed him. Imagine the meltdown on here if we had real problems like Bury or Bolton. Whilst I want signings I am prepared to wait a bit longer as long as they are good players and will judge the quality of our summer recruitment after the window shuts not 6 weeks before.

I really dont care about Bury or Bolton. To bring in players days before tge season starts is poor. It should have been done weeks ago. Simple common sense. But hey lets wait and see your theory may be right, and youth might get us top of the league after the first few games.

I really dont care about Bury or Bolton. To bring in players days before tge season starts is poor. It should have been done weeks ago. Simple common sense. But hey lets wait and see your theory may be right, and youth might get us top of the league after the first few games.
Well you need to "care about" them because it provides context to what is happening. I agree youth won't get us to the top (you can't win anything with kids) which is just as well that we won't be playing with a team full of kids even if recruitment stopped right now.
But just so it is abundantly clear I do think we need more players and would be concerned like everyone else if we did not further recruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom