Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
That statement collapses on itself, you just said 'we ended up with jonte'. A striker from the lower leagues who scores goals. If we'd signed tshimanga he would have done the exact same as jonte, he would have played 4th choice striker behind Sinclair, Mackie and Whyte.

Fourth choice striker???? Oh to have the luxury. We have crocked Mackie, propping up the attack. Whyte isn't a natural striker.

Fourth choice striker???? Oh to have the luxury. We have crocked Mackie, propping up the attack. Whyte isn't a natural striker.
Mind you neither was Thiery Henry when Arsenal signed him. Imagine the meltdown on here if we had real problems like Bury or Bolton. Whilst I want signings I am prepared to wait a bit longer as long as they are good players and will judge the quality of our summer recruitment after the window shuts not 6 weeks before.

With 14 mph winds forecast for Friday I expect the Klaxon to be fully operational within the next 48 hours.

Can not see many signings before Sunderland with the exception of Cadden. With all the statements by KR 48hours here 48hours there and after his comments yesterday about not rushing things on players just seems to make me believe we’re struggling big time to attract the names wanted. I don’t hold any blame to KR as I think he’s trying his upmost best in circumstances not helped by the board. At this level unless your up against Sunderland Portsmouth. A player will only really care about the size of his wage packet and contract length which is not up to KR and all he can do is try sell the club to whoever we’re in talks with ie training ground etc. As shaw as I am that we will have a striker off sorts and a new defender sometime before the transfer window end as time goes on I think we’re gonna be disappointed by who we get and I definitely don’t see us getting 2 strikers in because we’re struggling just to get 1.

So it could be we have a wage budget and sticking to it .... the trouble is other sides are increasing budgets as the ripple effect of massive wages in leagues above is slowly filtering down. So if this is the case we will be looking at '3rd or 4th' choices as thats all we will pay and pray theres a diamond or two in that pool....doesnt make sense to me as I seem to remember 'aiming for the championship in the next couple of years'. Come on you dusty klaxon find your voice

just imagine what it’d be like on here if we were in Bury’s position. think they’ve got something like 4 senior players contracted.
i’m remaining positive that we’ll have the players in we need

Or like Charlton - promoted to the Championship and currently have 18 squad members, 4 of which are goalkeepers. That's a dire situation.

There are so many wetting their pants on here. The economic reality is that we can’t compete financially with clubs above us. The current owners are already back rolling a club that is not subsistent without investment to cover annual losses. There will be far greater opportunity to pick up players for a better price nearer the transfer deadline. Just in the last 24 hours for instance rangers are reportedly releasing 10 players. KR has experience and pedigree in managing a team so just trust and support him. He’s trying his best because it’s his neck on the block not yours. Don’t buy into the bedwetters as by the end of the transfer period I am sure we will have a competitive squad.
If I could just change one thing, it would be to make the transfer period deadline 2 weeks before the new season starts.

Adam Thompson has just left Bury on a free in the last two or three days. 26 year old 6’1” centre back who played over 50 times for them last season, including a goal against us in the abysmal 5-2 humiliation in the tinpot. He’s been capped by Northern Ireland twice and is on the verge of being recalled based on last season’s performances. Started off at Watford and had spells on loan including a couple at Brentford, as well as playing over 100 games for Southend between 2014 and 2017

Ipswich ‘ eyeing ‘ Adam Thompson.

Can not see many signings before Sunderland with the exception of Cadden. With all the statements by KR 48hours here 48hours there and after his comments yesterday about not rushing things on players just seems to make me believe we’re struggling big time to attract the names wanted. I don’t hold any blame to KR as I think he’s trying his upmost best in circumstances not helped by the board. At this level unless your up against Sunderland Portsmouth. A player will only really care about the size of his wage packet and contract length which is not up to KR and all he can do is try sell the club to whoever we’re in talks with ie training ground etc. As shaw as I am that we will have a striker off sorts and a new defender sometime before the transfer window end as time goes on I think we’re gonna be disappointed by who we get and I definitely don’t see us getting 2 strikers in because we’re struggling just to get 1.

But don’t you think we could be aiming too high. There have been lots of very good players signed over the last few weeks, months and I’m sure the kind of figures we’ve been offering would’ve secured their services.
Half that! I know KR is trying really hard to get the very best players into the club. But if we’re aiming too high it’s pointless. In fact isn’t it possible we would be paying over the odds just to convince the player to come to us?Damn we could be in for Messi and be trying to convince him to sign but whilst we’re talking and talking good solid players are being signed up.
It would be much easier to sign the very best players we can if we had a good solid playoff season under our belts and could offer them a real chance of promotion.
We couldn’t pay the staff at a period last season. We had what 5 orders against us, We spent a long time in the relegation zone. Doesn’t make us a great prospect.
I think it would be better to sign sold players who want to be here rather than a player who doesn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom