Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need more than 3 players to even have a small squad.
I reckon that including McMahon/ Jones/ Napa / Berkoe (who has been said to be back up for Ruffles) and excluding all of the other U23s, we have 19 in the first team squad at the moment.
3 more would take it to 22. That's hardly a small squad at our level?

I assume that you didn't go to Shrewsbury where Whyte scored a hat trick and where, as a CF he caused the defence chaos?
Now he may not end up as a centre forward but I am not sure how you can write this possibility off?
A certain Thierry Henry started as a winger/ wide man and he wasnt bad as a CF (no I am not remotely suggesting g that Whyte could be as good as Henry!!)
You want whyte where he's best and that's on the wing, our recruitment has been nothing short of embarrassing yet again!!!!!!

You want whyte where he's best and that's on the wing, our recruitment has been nothing short of embarrassing yet again!!!!!!
wouldn’t say it’s been embarrassing when we haven’t finished getting players in yet

Er did you watch Whyte at Shrewsbury?
How on earth can you totally criticise the possibiltlty that Whyte COULD be a CF?

Er did you watch Whyte at Shrewsbury?
How on earth can you totally criticise the possibiltlty that Whyte COULD be a CF?
Where have I criticised whyte being played up front? I haven't talk about being taken out of context,I'm criticising the hierarchy for the lack of activity

Where have I criticised whyte being played up front? I haven't talk about being taken out of context,I'm criticising the hierarchy for the lack of activity

How do you know that there has been a lack of activity? I'm sure KR has been working extremely hard to get players in but as I keep on saying, you can't force players to come if they don't want to. Just because there hasn't been the number of new players that we have hoped for so far doesn't mean to say it's through lack of effort.

I reckon that including McMahon/ Jones/ Napa / Berkoe (who has been said to be back up for Ruffles) and excluding all of the other U23s, we have 19 in the first team squad at the moment.
3 more would take it to 22. That's hardly a small squad at our level?
Having seen all of the friendlies so far, I really dont see Jones as being ready to step up. Does Burkoe have the experience to step straight up, not so sure.
To learn the lessons of ladt season we need 2 recognised strikers tp alliw us to adapt to situations in games. I like Mackie and the job he does, but he's a loan striker and has a knock before a ball is kicked.
The rule of thumb used to be 2 players for each position. Will 3 new players give us that. Interesting to see.

Last edited:
What if that Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation blimey even cabbage patch kid is sold out if you’re mum and dad ain’t on the case early?

But that is the basically the concept. You buy for a lower cost than you sell.

If we sign the current centre back target for the rumoured £500k, we would hope to develop the player and make what, £2-3 million selling him on? That is the only way our club can sustain itself, especially in the absence of a ground etc.

Eales was trying to get out by then though, thats the point. Wouldnt have been a prospect.

Deji Oshilaja who's been mentioned on here was on trial with Luton last night apparently

How do you know that there has been a lack of activity? I'm sure KR has been working extremely hard to get players in but as I keep on saying, you can't force players to come if they don't want to. Just because there hasn't been the number of new players that we have hoped for so far doesn't mean to say it's through lack of effort.

Why though has the club turned this season into a copy of last season? If there was a genuine commitment to get players in early as they said, and a competitive budget available, dont you think that we would be in the position most clubs in our league are in and be prepared for a proper pre season, with all recruits in geling and playing together? The fact is we are 5 or so players short and found wanting.

We could also admit defeat in the Neymar deal. As were as close to that as we were for Findlay. The fact people swallow the utter balls is quite something.
So your last sentence would not include you at any stage in the transfer window. Laughable post.

You do wonder if agents use Robinson to up the interest in their players, he seems happier to publicise deals than other managers. Struggle to see how the Ched Evans loan deal is so dragged out, he isn’t a young prospect being kept at his parent club for training till nearer the start of the season, they will basically want to save a bit of his wages as soon as possible.

The murky world of agents probably requires someone a bit more crafty than KR, we have him and an ex headmaster trying to get deals over the line, hard not to think that we get played a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom