Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as we're all getting, well a few, worked up with Karl and his 48 hour media comments and anything else he might say about our transfer/recruitment activity I would like to point out.......... NO ONE ELSE AT THE CLUB (Chairman or MD) have stood up and took any responsibility.

Pretty much the same as last season, hiding behind a guy who is the only person actually communicating with a growing, disgruntled, fanbase.

Starting to feel sorry for KR again.

To be fair could Browne be moulded into an out and out striker? He’s a good finisher, has the physical attributes and is young enough that he could still learn a new-ish position
I never considered that, but am salivating thinking of that. I remember his headed goal against Coventry in the cup last season. Exactly the sort of thing we were missing in the middle of the box.

Robinson tonight: we’ve put bids in for three players, striker (loan) Winger (permanent) and CB (permanent) Ideally he doesn’t want to wait too long to get them over the line but he’s prepared to be patient to get them.

He then went on to say the loan market opens after the window shuts so if he loses the striker there’ll be other deals out there. Doesn’t sound as though we’ll sign a permanent striker.
Well what a load of B*****s.

Robinson tonight: we’ve put bids in for three players, striker (loan) Winger (permanent) and CB (permanent) Ideally he doesn’t want to wait too long to get them over the line but he’s prepared to be patient to get them.

He then went on to say the loan market opens after the window shuts so if he loses the striker there’ll be other deals out there. Doesn’t sound as though we’ll sign a permanent striker.

I hope the winger is Browne.

CB could be a few but most obvious is Findlay...unless that’s some distraction tactic. Guess the loan is Evans

Is he right about the loan window finishing later? I thought they both finished at the same time this year (Monday September 2nd at 17:00) although I can't find much online.

Last edited:
As much as we're all getting, well a few, worked up with Karl and his 48 hour media comments and anything else he might say about our transfer/recruitment activity I would like to point out.......... NO ONE ELSE AT THE CLUB (Chairman or MD) have stood up and took any responsibility.

Pretty much the same as last season, hiding behind a guy who is the only person actually communicating with a growing, disgruntled, fanbase.

Kind of agree, surely the manager should be handing a list of transfer targets to someone above him and they should be securing the deals. Always seems like Karl has to do far more than he should be in terms of signing players.

Kind of agree, surely the manager should be handing a list of transfer targets to someone above him and they should be securing the deals. Always seems like Karl has to do far more than he should be in terms of signing players.

Head of Recruitment (who ever that is)

KR stated last season how important it was to have a middle man to go between himself & Tiger when it comes to recruitment but still seems to be a big issue getting players/deals over the line over the past 12 months

My only serious reservation regarding Browne would be whether or not we really need another winger, especially if Cadden also signs. Would the money be better spent on a striker? (Unless, like others have suggested, we intend to utilise Browne as a striker).

On the whole I'm getting pretty edgy about the lack of signings now. The season starts in two and a half weeks and we're still desperately short up front and at CB. I know it's been repeated by numerous posters time and time again, but despite the calls for patience, these positions really should have been filled by now.

Ill be honest (and I hope Im wrong), I cant see us getting Browne, one reason, I dont know if he'd want to come to us, he clearly wanted a move to the Championship last year, also I dont know if we have the funds to make an offer West Ham would accept, dont think many clubs in league 1 could, also I dont think West Ham would want to let him go permenantly. Hope we get him though, but would rather the money went towards a striker

I'm not being funny but what do you expect? Tiger to tell us how he's been googling left footed centre backs? NMW giving his assessment on strikers?

Our managerial structure is what we have. Robinson is more than happy being the figurehead of the club and will bring in the players as they become available. It worked in January, and it will work this summer. Tiger has and will continue to back him financially, and that's all that matters.

As for a growing, disgruntled fan base? We have the same negative posters moaning during this transfer window as we have moaned in every other transfer window before, and every one to come. That's hardly reflective of our fan base as a whole and will all be forgotten once the season starts with the standard of players we will bring in.

I'm not being funny but what do you expect? Tiger to tell us how he's been googling left footed centre backs? NMW giving his assessment on strikers?

Our managerial structure is what we have. Robinson is more than happy being the figurehead of the club and will bring in the players as they become available. It worked in January, and it will work this summer. Tiger has and will continue to back him financially, and that's all that matters.

As for a growing, disgruntled fan base? We have the same negative posters moaning during this transfer window as we have moaned in every other transfer window before, and every one to come. That's hardly reflective of our fan base as a whole and will all be forgotten once the season starts with the standard of players we will bring in.
Yes but we don’t have the basics of a team. Once we have an experienced striker and centre back we can have fun speculating about exciting loans on top

You keep mentioning the "standard of player we will bring in" but yet with 2.5 weeks to go, we have a team with gaping holes. I wish i were as convinced that these quality players were enroute ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom