Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought KR said he was talking to 2 strikers. There has been very little mention of the other one, whoever that might be. Maybe that's gone quiet because a deal is immanent?

Well technically Nico Jones is a CB who has played for the first team and Owen James is a striker . And we do still have Mous (?!) and Mackie.
But I have to say that I am amazed at Bazzer's self-control here, I think we had all expected a meltdown by now??

Both Jones and James would come into play when injuries are extremely bad.

l

Well I’m talking to my Mrs but that doesn’t mean she’ll play up front!
Is she any good?

I think it's a bit much to say that there is aggression in any view. There is frustration on one hand from those desperate to see new players in, and frustration from those who can maybe see that things will happen in time.

As one of the more positive posters, I've taken a step back because I feel that this is the time of year where every word on here gets pulled apart or over analysed.

But I'll give a little context to our dealings if it helps. We know that a central defender is one of the key positions to find. The club is targeting this position with as much of their budget as possible and are linked with a player who played and scored in Europe last night. However, they have also brought in Jon Guthrie who has done ok in preseason games and would be a decent squad player if needed. If it was just about getting signatures, we could have signed Guthrie already. But surely it's worth keeping all options open at this stage? The lad from Kilmarnock is match fit and wouldn't need much to adjust to the way we play. So we can afford to wait a few days if that's what it takes.

Ched Evans is also an established professional who will be completing his own preseason in terms of fitness. The deal would be complex, his wages will be high and he still attracts mixed views as seen on here. A half season loan with a view to sign in January is not impossible, but would maybe require agreement on possible fees wage sharing etc. So again this can take a few days longer to come together than other deals, but we would be getting someone capable of being Bazzers 20 goal a season man. We could have picked up the kid from Oxford City, or Henry bloody Landers, but why grab the first players that come available when there is so much better?

Of course, everything is speculation until we get the photoshoot in front of the training ground, but every team in the country still has business to do and things will happen in due course. Everything else is just forum guff from all involved (me included!).

I like this post, but i would also like to put another layer onto positivities behind the lack of key signings so far. It has provided us with further opportunity to blood the youth players and system. Which has moved from strength to strength. In particular, lopes has really stepped up. I think he is our best prospect since O'dowda. However, his problem may lie in finding his true position.

I am frustrated in two parts really; firstly the lack of key signings. Secondly, the fact we are getting linked with these exciting signings but may have falling through or being prolonged again. Is this a product of our success under Appleton and flipping young players into profit? Or simply our targets are ambitious.

He was mentioned in connection with Blackpool , a bit closer to home so who knows

Few hints re signings included in this piece , purportedly about Fabio Lopez, also Mackie wont feature at Woking - when & how will Mackie get up to match fitness then? .....

Few hints re signings included in this piece , purportedly about Fabio Lopez, also Mackie wont feature at Woking - when & how will Mackie get up to match fitness then? .....

Previously, the club said they were looking at Mackie playing in the QPR game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom